How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2014
backstage pass

I am BB cream addict.
Works better for me than foundation or tinted moisturizer.
I have tried lot's and lot's of different creams and by far favorite have been
No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream.
Now I am using Garnier cream for sensitive skin and I like it a lot too!!!!

04-02-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita-karoliina View Post
I think it will do the job then. Plus side also is SPF. Most of the BB- OR CC creams have it.

Have you guys heard of the DD-Creams?
What the heck are those? I read from Vogue website or some other like that that those are coming.
I have seen CC creams apparently it is 'colour control creams' where it helps with discolouration on the skin. Never seen or heard of DD creams though!

04-02-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita-karoliina View Post
I think it will do the job then. Plus side also is SPF. Most of the BB- OR CC creams have it.

Have you guys heard of the DD-Creams?
What the heck are those? I read from Vogue website or some other like that that those are coming.
Ok I found this comparison online! Apparently BB, CC, and DD creams all do the same thing :green grin:

http://i.cdn.youbeauty.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what-is-bb-cc-dd-cream.jpg (229.7 KB, 22 views)

05-02-2014
V.I.P.

thanks for posting that!

Have anyone of you got any results? Like acne spots are lighter etc..? I havent!

Last edited by nita-karoliina; 05-02-2014 at 06:28 AM.
08-02-2014
tfs star

I haven`t got any special results I could solely thank for BB/CC Creams, but I think especially Lumene CC is one excellent foundation. I have also Garnier, Maybelline and Lumene BB at the moment, all of them suit better on my skin than regular foundations.

13-02-2014
V.I.P.

I think Korean BB/CC creams are the best. I highly recommend Missha, Etude House and Skin79. Most of BB creams from popular European/US brands are just another version of tinted moisturizer whereas the Korean ones have more brightening/anti-aging ingredients. I recently saw a "BB cream" with no SPF (don't remember which brand). LOL.

A real BB cream should have at least SPF 20-25 PA+. For example: Missha M Perfect Cover has SPF 42 PA+++, the green one from Skin79 - SPF 30 PA++. On the contrary, Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream has only SPF 15.

Here's a nice article about BB creams ->[greenbeautyteam]

01-03-2014
tfs star

I couldn't resist myself today and I purchased the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in shade 31. I was just a bit worried it might be too dark. I haven't tried it properly yet, but for now it looks okay once well blended in. I heard it's a nice product (some say it's a lot like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation!) and I decided to give it a try.

12-03-2014
rising star

I have the bourjois cc cream too and love it! not too thick and doesn't break me out

24-05-2014
V.I.P.

I recently photographed some swatches of my foundation / BB cream collection and I thought I'd post this photo here.
These are all swatches of Skin79 BB Creams. Of course not all of them are great, I recommend reading reviews and ordering samples.

my pic

28-05-2014
tfs star

I just purchased Loreal CC Cream, anti-dullness or something. I don`t know if I was blind, but couldn`t find any shade options, I assume it is supposed to blend into yur own skin tone. Which is mission impossibe, as usual with BBs/CCs (except Finnish brand Lumene) it translates a bit dark. It fades though but at the same time it looses all the concealing power. Basically it does NOTHING for my skin. Gotta to stick with the Lumene one, at least they know our nordic skin tones.

28-05-2014
V.I.P.

I was looking for an organic BB Cream at Sephora recently and considered getting the Boscia or Ole Hendriksen one but a sales assistant talked me into getting Dermadoctor DD Cream with "15-Benefits-In-1" (and NOT organic)

I have the same problem with it as you have with the L'Oreal one, TommyGirl, it's just too dark on my fair skin. It's not drastically too dark, but it's definitely not the right shade. Self-adjusting coverage my a*s I've only used it for two days but I'm already considering returning it. I don't think it's really doing much for my skin.

At least it's not making me break out or giving me itchy skin and eyes (like the Clarins foundation I had been using before ), but I will definitely keep looking for something better.

Never heard of Lumene before, but it sounds really good from what you and the reviews on the website say!

28-05-2014
fashion insider

BibiRose, thanks for the swatches. the colors don't look scary orange like the majority of one's i've tested. pretty much all of the BBs i tried oxidized horribly on me.

i've tried a handful of BB creams here and there namely Dr Jart, Clinique, Boscia and a million DS and high end tinted moisturizers but either the BB creams didn't make it past the sample stage or the tinted moisturizers were just blah and weren't worth the time.

I remember loving Stila's TM as it gave the skin that nice dewy, just washed my face glow but the coverage was non-existent which i guess sorta negated the horrible orange tones

Paula Begoun does an informational no none-sense breakdown of TM/CC/BB Cream and also a nice round up of recommended TM/BB/CC Creams on her website.

tfs star

^Oh there actually is DD Creams now? They can sell for us women anything these days. That "us" includes me too!

I think Lumene BB got reviewed as the best one on few American tests where they evaluated pretty wide range of BB creams. But I swear on Lumene`s CC, it is even better shade (the lightest one) and coverage, with so, so light texture. I also have the concealer and powder of cc range and they work really well together.

30-05-2014
V.I.P.

^ i also recommend Lumene CC cream. I am very pale and it fits me well. But i didnt like Lumene BB creams at all. Way too orange and dark. But yeah, def. Recommend that CC cream though

30-05-2014
V.I.P.

^Awesome, thank you girls! Will definitely check out the Lumene CC Cream.

And yeah, DD Creams The SA said it was just a clever wordplay because the brand's name is DermaDoctor; but it's obvious what they were trying to achieve there And yes, absolutely guilty of falling for it,lol.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bb, creams