How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-12-2007
scenester

Here are some of my reviews on different BB creams that I have tried, I have tried 4 different ones so far ( Peripera Rosemary BB cream, Skin79 Beblesh Cream, BRTC Perfect Soothing BB cream & Banila Co. Let me finish BB cream with SPF37 PA++.

I have been using the Banila co. one for 5 days.

Review on Banila co. BB cream:

This comes in a 35ml pump bottle.

My skintype: acne prone, mainly spots during the time of the month, oily during summer months and normal during colder months, past acne scars/marks and dark eye circles
My skintone: NC20-30 or 73 Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect
My skincare routine using BB cream: Bioderma Sensibio H2O, Bioderma Hydrabio Moisturizing lotion, Clindagel, Lutsine Hydrafina, BB cream and Kanebo Revue 2-way cake foundation.

Texture of BB cream:
I absolutely love the texture of this one, very light but yet very moisturizing!
Oil control of BB cream: The oil control is very good, my skin didnt feel oily during the whole so didnt feel the need to use a oil blotting paper at all!
Colour of BB cream: this is the best shade for me, its yellow toned, but much lighter than my Peripera cream. It blends very well into my skin.
Coverage of BB cream: Good coverage, almost feel no need to use a concealer for my post acne scars esp. not after my Kanebo Revue 2-way cake!

Review on Peripera Rosemary BB cream:

Texture of BB cream: this one has a rather thick texture but smooth to apply. You need to blend well for even tone.
Oil control of BB cream: I m very happy with the oil control because I didn't need to use once my oil blotting paper during the whole day.
Colour of BB cream: the cream is quite dark for my skin tone so it doesn't bright up my skin but I finish it off with my Kanebo 2-way cake and this combo makes me look flawless.
Coverage of BB cream: Pretty good coverage but I still need a concealer to hide some post acne scars.

11-12-2007
backstage pass

I am also interested since I'm half Asian and have never found a Western product that has helped with spots, hyper-pigmentation, or keeping oiliness away for more than one hour. Only thing is I also don't want the ones with whitening... what is the point in using that unless you're also bathing in whitening cream? Nobody wants to look mismatched with a face several shades paler than the rest of their body.

12-12-2007
Storm & Sommer

I found this movie where BRTC is being applied:

http://www.hydration.co.kr/brtc/movi...e-after-01.htm

I'm not sure I think they look better afterwards.. their skin looks more vibrant before and more pasty after ..at any rate it can be hard to tell anything based on such a short video..

pinterest : hanneonpin
13-12-2007
rising star

^hm yeah they do look more pasty. I've heard that BRTC Prefect Blemish gives a dewy look.

I'm getting my BRTC bb cream (perfect blemish + recover) in a couple days! I'll post a review w/ pictures if I have time.

After looking at a couple more reviews I'm really interested in tryign skin79 beblesh cream (a member on another site emailed soft peachy and they recommended this bb cream over BRTC).

16-12-2007
V.I.P.

Is there anywhere one can find it in America? Maybe in Chinatown?

16-12-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Snob View Post
Is there anywhere one can find it in America? Maybe in Chinatown?
If it is originally from Korea, Koreatown is probably better (only a guess, though).

I think I may know where to get it in Canada, but there aren't a great deal of Korean products there so I do not know until I have checked myself. I can also ask my aunt. Even though she is Chinese, she has a lot of connections and I bet she could get almost anything.

16-12-2007
V.I.P.

I wonder if we have a Koreatown in New York. Probably in the outtery boroughs...Hmm. Thanks for the info!

19-12-2007
tfs star

Mine came today! It wasn't as easy to blend as foundation but once on it looks good. It doesn't feel as heavy as I thought it would either.

20-12-2007
V.I.P.

Deborah, please keep us updated! How well does it cover? Does it treat your skin?

22-12-2007
tfs star

It covers pretty well. I didn't experience any sensitivity or anything. I did get these two big spots on my chin but I have also changed my pill so this could have been that.

23-12-2007
rising star

I got my BRTC Prefect Recover! It works pretty well and you just need a tiny bit. I paid $52 for a 30ml bottle, so I have no idea how long it will last me, but you only need a tiny TINY squirt of the product. The bottle is so tiny (looks like ones of the delux sample you get from sephora. urk!), so I'm not sure how much the bb cream will have actually helped my skin before I run out. The bb cream covers pretty well (although I don't have any major skin problem...an occasional zit here or there), better than tinted moisturizer (I use Stila), but I don't think it will cover really obvious dark spots. I've been using the bb cream and then dusting chanel loose powder over my face. I had a zit near my nose and it's pretty much gone (after two days of bb cream). I don't know if it was because of the bb cream for sure, but I'm fairly happy with the product so far!

Now I'm waiting for my BRTC Perfect Blemish to arrive (paid $53, but it's a bigger tube). Can't wait!

You can buy bb cream online and most korean cosmetic stores carry bb cream (so Korea town def. would have it). They carry different brands so you should ask for recommendations or something from the seller.

23-12-2007
V.I.P.

Thank you so much for your info, Flutterbug!!! <3

26-12-2007
backstage pass

Thanks for the info, Flutterbugfly. Would you mind telling us where we can order on-line? Or is it all in Korean and many of us would not understand?

I also got the opportunity to ask my aunt about the BB cream and she says she knows places where they have Korean products, so the next time I see her I can take a look with her and see if we can find any. I'll let you know if I find anything (but I don't know how long it will be until we go because my aunt is nearly always working).

27-12-2007
windowshopping

I just saw this post and I am excited to try a new product that will help me with acne marks! Hopefully it'll work. *crosses fingers* I found a site called lunabeauty.com that sells some BB cream.

28-12-2007
rising star

I bought my bb cream from a member on another website (on Soompi...however she's out of the bb cream right now). You can try going to Soompi to buy bb cream from sellers there (they have surveys and w/e), but of course they also jack up the prices (remember the $52 bottle I mentioned earlier? on the actual BRTC site it sells for less than $40 for two bottles!). The only places I know you can buy bb cream from (that ship to the US) are lunabeauty.com (as mentioned by mimih) and softpeachy.com.

I can't understand any of the Korean parts too (I'm Taiwanese). haha. but I can read some Chinese and I email the stuff I want to my aunt to buy for me. haha.

Gah! bb cream is so addicting now I want to try a couple other brands (skin79, skinfood...)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bb, creams