How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-12-2007
tfs star

I got mine frm ebay. Try that.

11-02-2008
backstage pass

I want to buy one from an on-line place, but I don't know what the two different colours look like because they don't have pictures to illustrate them. Does anybody know where I can find pictures of the two colours the BB creams come in? I don't know if the colours change a lot depending upon brand, but I'm particularly interested in the Skin Food BB creams.

18-02-2008
backstage pass

For anyone who is wondering... Skin Food BB cream's 'light' colour closely matches MAC's NC 15-20 shades and 'natural' colour closely matches MAC's NC 20-25 shades.

I found NC 15, NC 20 and NC 25 shades on this product's page (I don't know where else to view MAC's shades for everything): http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...T_ID=PROD11370

22-02-2008
front row

I would like to try this but unfortunately my skin's a little too tan/olive for it. Oh well. Maybe when it becomes more popular they will start making more shades for darker skin tones.

03-03-2008
front row

went to korea last week and tried the BB cream from missha. Not sure what the buzz is about. I looked ghostly with the foundation on. Maybe i got the wrong brand, but i wasnt impressed.

I know this is off the topic, but while in korea i ran into a store called "innisfree" and tried their "anti trouble patch" (for acne). This stuff is miraculous. I'd go back to Korea just to get a load of these stickers!

06-03-2008
V.I.P.

I heard that they are going to be releasing something like BB in US soon enough, which is exciting!

12-03-2008
backstage pass

My BB cream arrived from Korea yesterday! That was quick: only took one week and two days (not including the weekend). Can't wait to try it out.

Suburban Snob - If that's true I hope they will bring the Skin food brand over! There are more things I would like to buy from their range other than make-up, but I don't know of any on-line place to buy it from.

02-05-2008
windowshopping

I found this ebay store that is selling a lot of different kinds of BB creams at prices/shipping that seem much more reasonable than soft peachy. I haven't bought anything yet (can't decide which one haha) but it looks pretty interesting.

http://stores.ebay.com/codinara_Cosmetics_BB-cream_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ588996018QQftidZ2QQtZ km

07-05-2008
backstage pass

The BB cream I bought (Skin Food Aloe Sun) was working and several people commented on my skin being clearer. I had been completely spot-free for a month and a bit, with hyper-pigmentation blotches fading. That was until I became ill and suddenly I had an enormous break out. I swear I haven't had one this bad for 10 years!

15-05-2008
trendsetter

Ooh i used Skin79 and Skinfood.. they are ok I guess, I liked the Skin79 one more it had more coverage and oil control.

BB cream is good tho, it doesn't cause me to break out and it evens out my skin tone and covers little imperfections.. It's a part of my regular makeup regimen now hehehe

07-06-2008
fashion insider

Hello gals, I just bought two full size tubes of Hanskin Super Magic BB Cream in a spree, 43.5g, but found it too moisturizing for my somewhat oily skin. It's really good coverage compared to other BB creams for a no-makeup look, hid my flaws well enough without the need for concealers. Other pluses - gentle, easy to apply and sinks into skin quickly, fragrance-free, dewy, light, bright finish, high SPF 30, doesn't cake and lasted the day. Although it isn't oily and I tried using some loose powder over it, my T-Zone feels a bit sticky at the end of the day and I have decided to get an oil-control, oil-absorbing formula that doesn't need any powdering. I also didn't notice it has "whitening" effect before ordering, not something I want. So, I'd recommend it for fair, drier, sensitive skin that needs the hydration, and for someone who prefers fair skin. Other than the moisturizing and whitening effect, I'd say this would have been perfect for me in terms of its performance. Contains some herbal and green tea extract as well which might have helped with my sensitive skin, and it's fragrance free, unlike most of the other brands. I'm thinking about saving it for winter when my skin gets drier and dehydrated, but I'm also dying to try another oil-control brand for the summer.

If anyone is interested, I'm willing to part with both. Do PM me if you're interested.

10-06-2008
trendsetter

ok...
i have combo skin that is understress (hence a bit of blemish and you-know-what) and quite dehydrated, and very sensitive. also i have pale skin (mac 15 and chanel teint innocence #10).

i would like to have a recommendation of BB cream that is mid-price range. so I am thinking of skin79.
what do you guys think?

trendsetter

^ Skin79 has pretty good coverage I think, but then its a bit thicker than the other more sheer BB creams. Since you said you have a bit of blemish I suggest something like SkinFood BB creams in ginkgo or aloe vera. Since the price isn't too bad, you could try it out and if you don't like it, it's not too much of a loss
SkinFood BB cream is really sheer and quite moisturizing (for your dehydrated skin) I recommend trying it!

14-06-2008
trendsetter

ahhh i see thank you maraschin0

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraschin0 View Post
SkinFood BB cream is really sheer and quite moisturizing (for your dehydrated skin) I recommend trying it!
I agree with this. I was quite amazed at how soft and silky my skin felt after removing the BB cream in the evening!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bb, creams