How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-11-2010
mie
scenester

^ Where exactly did you put it? Your skin is so nice that it doesn't seem like you would need any - I can't really even tell where you applied the BB cream

Do you use powder to set because you prefer a matte finish? Or does it not look good without powder? It looks nice in the pic, not greasy at all.

30-11-2010
V.I.P.

I did apply BB cream all over my face, but it doesn't cover like dark circles, ace scars or acne..but since I don't have much of that ( use a concealer for my panda eyes ) it's ok, and it does cover my yucky wains and redness^^. I'll try to take a better picture next time.

I love using powder to set the foundation, I've always done that, and yeah I do like a matte finish because I used to have oily skin before, but now my skin is dry as a desert
I do think it look good with powder on, but my Clinique powder had a little accident in my suitcase so I don't have any powder with me right now^^

backstage pass

loonaka: Yes, that's the one I use

backstage pass

You have much nicer skin than I do, Loonaka. Then again, for every one of us who thinks we have bad skin, there is probably someone who wishes they had it. I was really taken aback when people told me my skin was good. What, with all the hyperpigmentation, black heads and dark circles covered in one gigantic oil slick? You can't be serious!

Does anyone know a good site that delivers various BB creams to France/UK that is NOT the soft peachy website (not working for me any more)?

V.I.P.

Well you know the thing with pictures they don't tell the whole truth But I used to have very bad skin, red and pimply all over so I'm glad I'm done with that^^

I've bought false lashes and something else beauty related and they were quite nice and they ship to Europe^^ http://prettyandcute.com/

tfs star

i must say i don't really buy into this. loonaka your skin looks good in both pics, i can't see much difference other than the lipstick giving your skin a little more warmth.

03-12-2010
V.I.P.

I know that some ppl uses foundation on top of thei BB cream or 2 layers. I don't really think that the BB creams I have are doing wonders for my skin but I like using it as a foundation^^ and it's cheaper since I bought it in Korea

backstage pass

Thanks for the link, Loonaka!

windowshopping

i've tried so many bb creams: lioele, misscha, skinfood, skin79, brtc, shills, and dr jart.
lioele - too dark/poor color match, good coverage and finish
misscha - too dark, not great on oil control, good coverage
skinfood - good color match, but causes breakouts, smells strange
skin79 - strange grey dull cast, oxidizes, yet the finish is smooth
shills - good color match, but causes breakouts, very shiny, not good coverage
brtc - good color match, nice finish, albeit a bit sheer for my liking
dr jart silver label - good color match, nice finish and great coverage. perfect for me
hope this helps!

V.I.P.

Do you remember the names of the BB creams? Also what kind of skin type do you have?

windowshopping

hey loonaka, i have norm/dry MAC NC20 skin, by the way your skin is very pretty! i'll have to try the banila one out. here are the names of the bb creams as requested.

lioele beyond the solution bb cream
missha perfect cover bb cream spf 42
skinfood aloe bb cream (green)
skin79 dermaRX beblesh balm spf15
shills super magic bb cream
brtc perfect recover balm
dr jart silver label rejuvenating blemish base

one thing that i like about bb creams is that they work well for my drier skin type, and one thing that i wish bb creams could do better is staying power.

fashion icon

I have fairly sensitive,spot prone skina and I recently purchased a garnier bb cream product. It gives me pretty good coverage,but I've notcied on days that I'm having a bad skin day it tends to sting my skin slightly (don't know how better to word it,it's more of a sensation that I feel straight after I apply it.) Does anybody have any reccomendations for BB creams that suit sensitive skin?

06-02-2012
fashion insider

^I've read that Boscia's version works well for *some* people but haven't tried it myself.

The nearest thing to BB cream I've tried is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer which is a tinted SPF 15 moisturizer with retinol. The glow was beautiful and the colors nicely neutral. And Dior, Shiseido, philosophy, etc etc versions of TMs but the color matches were horribly orange for my asian skin.

Out of curiosity I tracked down the Garnier BB cream ingredients list:
(this stuff is chockfull of parabens/preservatives, half down the list (!) and contains citrus essential oils which explains the stinging sensation )

mywomenstuff.com

V.I.P.

^
i have that garnier BB cream and it works quite well for me!
altough i hate that ingredients list...
i need to find something that is better for skin.
that Neutrogena Health Skin Enhancer sounds nice.

fashion icon

Thank you Ellastica,I am terrible for never checking the ingredients,when I really should. I wore the garnier today and it was fine,but on days when I'm tired/run down and my skin is awful it just doesnt feel right. It's just a passing sensation,but it does put me off when I think about applying it. I'm with you Jenna-Marie,I'm going to check out neutogena

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bb, creams