How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-02-2012
fashion insider

One thing that puzzles me after reading up on various BB cream and TMs, are reviewer comments, which echo along the lines of ' If you need more substantial coverage than this product isn't for you' but that's kind of a given considering the nature of 'tinted' products { tint=sheer=less coverage } and after trying a bagillion TMs that's also been my experience. So it's not a cure all, just a skin evener.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers is supposedly better suited for combo /slightly dry skin which I also wanna try.

I've also read rave reviews for Wet'n'Wild's Ultimate Sheer Tm SPF 15 and it's only $4. I don't think I ever tried, this despite it's bargain price cuz the product looked orangey in the tube but I might give it a go.

Also next time I'm at WHOLE FOODS I'm going to look into Mineral Fusion TM again as I really love their shades and finishes.

I popped into Sephora today ( it's 2 stores down from the store I work at) and got a sample of the Boscia BB cream which disappointingly only comes in one shade . I'm gonna test drive it tomorrow and see if it oxidizes on me which it probably will but as they say 'don't knock it til you try it' so we shall see...

Here's a before and after of Maybelline BB cream, of course available only in Asia But honestly I think her skin looked better and more healthy before she put the cream on. Coming from a reformed, 'pile it in hopes of covering every spot and flaw' junkie, bare skin just has that natural glow and color which most make-up can hide but can't duplicate.

mywomenstuff.com

11-02-2012
fashion insider

Boscia BB Cream Yes that bad. One of the few times where I put a product on my face and couldn't wash it off fast enough. The color was meh but it had the biggest most metallic chunks of glitters I'v ever seen on my face. EPIC FAIL.

My old Tm stand-by, AVEDA Inner Light, blows this out of the water and also multi-tasks w/ SPF, moisture and SPF 15 not to mention the shades are skin-like. Elizabeth Arden Mineral TM is also pretty good altho the shades veer orange but that's not a deal breaker since the coverage is typically sheer. ditto on the orangey-ness for Stila Illuminating TM altho the finish was gorgeously soft & dewy.

V.I.P.

BB Creams
which BB creams have y'all tried?

i purchased the estee lauder bb cream recently. (they only have two shades - luckily the lighter one worked for me)
it has a cucumber scent to it, which reminds me a bit of depilatories.

its OK so far - i'm hoping it will improve my skin. its too soon to tell.

photo credit - fashionison.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bb1.jpg (53.8 KB, 6 views)

V.I.P.

other brands have started to come out with Bb creams.

i have read that in parts of asia foundation has become less popular - people may find that they dont need foundation anymore after using Bb creams.

has anyone tried any of these? i may pick up the garnier version next time there is a buy-one-get-one-free deal at the pharmacy. its also the cheapest BB cream ive seen.

photo credit - thekit.ca
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bb2.jpg (59.3 KB, 5 views)

V.I.P.

Ohh good thread!
Ive been lurking around BB creams for a while now, the Estee Lauder one isn't available in Germany yet, I have tried the Garnier one once, didnt feel to bad but since I have very sensitive skin that tends to be irritated really easily Im usually hesitating with purchasing new cosmetic/skincare products.
Plus I have very, very fair skin so it is hardly ever that I find a truly matching shade, but since some of these products you posted supposedly adapt to your skin tone I have high hopes.
So any experiences would be hugely appreciated!

fashion elite

I'm using a Korean brand Skin79. Its good!

23-03-2012
V.I.P.

I've tried the Garnier cream, but it felt a bit heavy and only comes in two shades, both of which were too dark for me.

has anyone tried the DiorSnow White Reveal UV Protection BB Cream by Dior? it has a higher SPF (50) than most other creams, but is also a bit pricier unfortunately. haven't had a chance to try it yet...

Last edited by liberty33r1b; 23-03-2012 at 01:01 PM.
23-03-2012
V.I.P.

I definitely recommend BB creams. I'm currently using one by Garnier and I found it to be way more pleasing than my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, which was quite shocking to me. Plus, it was a lot cheaper than my tinted moisturizer.

trendsetter

Is the Nars or the Smashbox ones good? I am think either of that brand or ettusias and Anessa (Japanese brand).
Or, any recommendation for people prone to eczema?

trendsetter

I want to try BB creams, but I would rather experiment with drugstore ones first and if I like it, then I'll move to higher end ones (unless I fall in love with the less expensive one).

Do you guys recommend any that I could find at drugstores?

front row

I've tried Skinfood, The Face Shop, Neutrogena, The Body Shop, Dr. Jart Gold, Etude Sheer Silki and Bobbi Brown. I liked Dr. Jart the most.

However, I noticed my skin started to get ugly when I started using BB creams so I stopped.

Itching to try the Chanel "CC" cream though. Chanel products work for me fabulously - this might, too.

26-03-2012
fashion icon

I posted in the other BB cream thread that I've been using Garnier but it stung my skin ever so often. My skin is in better condition now and I have to say I find it is really is making my complexion a lot lot better

26-03-2012
in the mood for love

I just started using the Embryolisse BB cream (Artist Secret Complexion Illuminating Veil SPF20) this week and so far I really like it. I ordered it without trying it IRL first, because I was buying my usual Embryolisse moisturizer and thought I would give it a try. At first I was afraid it would be too dark on my skin but it seems to blend in very well.
It has hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, AHA, mineral powders, light reflecting pigments, UVA and UVB mineral sunscreens and is paraben-free.

front row

i love the garnier one .. my skin is a bit shiny directly afterwards. now its warming up, i just use a tiny bit of powder on top. it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin which is great.

V.I.P.

i'm finding i have to use a large amount of the estee lauder BB cream. so it is not going to last long.

i'm going to try the clinique version next time i am at the makeup counter.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bb, creams