How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
And it's fun too, but that might just be me, hah..
I know...haha

20-03-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Worth the money, I'd say. Or, that depends a bit on how long it lasts...
That's what keeps me from buying it atm. If it only lasts for 6 months, that a lot of money, plus there's the cleanser you have to replace every once in a while.
For that money you can get a high quality brush that would last for years.

20-03-2010
V.I.P.

Yeah, but I'm not sure a brush would give you the same result tho..But I hate that you have to buy the cleanser because it's not that good IMO. I can't get it all clean when I use it..it's so annoying.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidsandcats View Post
That's what keeps me from buying it atm. If it only lasts for 6 months, that a lot of money, plus there's the cleanser you have to replace every once in a while.
For that money you can get a high quality brush that would last for years.
Yeah, I'll decide later if I'm gonna keep buying it, to see how long it lasts first.
I didn't buy the cleanser.. I got a sample, but only tried it once. I think other soap/dish-cleaners work as well.. at least well enough. And as loonaka says, I don't think a brush would give me an as good result.

14-04-2010
front row

I saw a sponge shaped like this at Ulta today for like $8. I probably should've gotten it

15-04-2010
V.I.P.

sephora has one cheap too in their line..but it has something like a sponge ribbon in the middle that ruins the whole thing!

15-04-2010
V.I.P.

what is actually so special about the beauty blender anyway?

Meg
inspired contemplation

^
according to their promo materials, because it has no sharp edges?

I use a MAC foundation brush with MAC foundation but I found yesterday when I was applying it that it was quite streaky and looked quite painted on. I don't wear foundation super often but I was considered switching to a sponge because the foundation brush just wasn't giving me a good finish. So this thread has perfect timing!

But my question is how do you use the blender? Just like a normal sponge?

15-04-2010
V.I.P.

^^no, you first wet it, squeeze the excess water and then use it like a normal sponge

16-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
^
according to their promo materials, because it has no sharp edges?

I use a MAC foundation brush with MAC foundation but I found yesterday when I was applying it that it was quite streaky and looked quite painted on. I don't wear foundation super often but I was considered switching to a sponge because the foundation brush just wasn't giving me a good finish. So this thread has perfect timing!

I've always preferred a sponge over a brush even tho I've only tried a really crappy one from Sephora. I like the Beauty Blender, but I don't think the shape has anything to do with the results It's prob the water thingy that makes it so special

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I don't know what it is, but this is honestly the best applicator I have ever used.

Basically you wet the sponge & squeeze out the excess water, then squeeze the sponge in a towel to remove even more of the excess. I tend to put my foundation on the back of my hand and then dab the beauty blender on my hand and over my face. It gives absolutely flawless coverage. I use the side of the sponge to apply my creme blush too

I think soaking the sponge in water is supposed to stop the sponge from soaking up the product, which is why you end up using/wasting less foundation than you normally would.

I was a huge cynic but honestly it works

V.I.P.

I haven't bought the Beauty Blender because to be honest I'm a little hesitant with the price tag. I have the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge I use it just like the beauty blender (soaking it in water). It's about $8 bucks and from what my friends say it works just the same.

Meg
inspired contemplation

I used to wet the normal drug store brand sponges I used in highschool (and I dampen my foundation brush) and it certainly improves coverage but surely that can't be the only reason this sponge is good. I may still try it out - it doesn't seem that expensive in the UK.

19-04-2010
front row

Would the beautyblender give more or less coverage than the MAC 187? Has anyone used both?

19-04-2010
fashion insider

i want one lol

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, blender