How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2013
fashion insider

Beauty & Cosmetics Apps
I couldn't find a thread about usefull apps about cosmetics, so I decided to make one

In Norway we have an app that checks cosmetics for ingrediences that have been proven to cause hormonal imbalance in animals. It is called "Forbrukerrådets Hormonsjekk". It has won awards, and is made by the Norwegian Consumer Council, who have no commercial interest in the App (so...it is free).

Basically, you scan the bar-code of a product with an app on your iphone/android, and it tells you if it contains any of the 13 ingredienses (like parabenes) the EU wants to ban. Saves you the trouble of remembering a lot of difficult names.

Not all products are registred, but you can do this yourself, and it is only available in Norwegian as far as I can tell However, with a little guess work, you could use it without knowing Norwegian. Red means bad and green means good Questionmark means not registred.

Does anyone know of similar and usefull Apps?

Last edited by eizhowa; 26-10-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apps, beauty, cosmetics