How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-02-2010
in the mood for love

This will sound weird because many people love it but Dermalogica Active Moist made me break out badly. My boyfriend used it up and he liked it

18-02-2010
windowshopping

clinique - so bad for the skin
cover girl clean liquid makeup - causes acne, looks like spackle, gross
biotherm - stings
mac liquid foundation - oxides and turns orange
redken shampoo/conditioner - does nothing for hair
the body shop - all their facial products are bad, tea tree oil is the worst
noxema/clearasil - just bad

front row

^ I like the Body Shop lip balms, don't use anything else from there though.

I don't know of anyone else's experiences in this department, but I'd advise avoiding Revlon beauty products if you can. They feel really cheap and nasty. Ditto with Lakme, which is an Indian brand that markets itself very heavily. Worst skincare products I've ever used (I used their SPF 15 lotion for a few days last week, and had bad breakouts before stopping).

12-03-2010
backstage pass

Hope In The Jar by Philosophy! It was okay but the smell put me off, plus it stung my eyes even when I didn't place the cream too near them.

I haven't thrown it out though...

12-03-2010
I am half-sick of shadows

An eye cream from Bliss that gave me whiteheads (which thankfully disappeared after a few days of not using it).

12-03-2010
fashion elite

Any face stuff from the Body Shop-yecch! and Neutrogena face wash, long time ago for these though.

12-03-2010
backstage pass

Clinique 3-step for oily skin. And the blue Nivea scrub.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by redart View Post
clinique - so bad for the skin
cover girl clean liquid makeup - causes acne, looks like spackle, gross
biotherm - stings
mac liquid foundation - oxides and turns orange
redken shampoo/conditioner - does nothing for hair
the body shop - all their facial products are bad, tea tree oil is the worst
noxema/clearasil - just bad
holy moly redken shampoo and conditioner give me the best hair of my life! It is literally soft, glossy, shiny, voluminous...everything hair should be. I redken.

I've never used Clinique skin care products like cleansers, moisturisers etc but i use City Block and can't rave about it enough; i also quite like their foundations.

Plus i've had some good experiences with Body Shop facial skin care products - vitamin C and vitamin E ranges especially.

Just goes to show that one (wo)man's trash is another's treasure

front row

L'Oreal Happyderm. I would have been better off rubbing acid into my face. It burnt, stung, and made me go bright red. Thankfully it was only a tester I had been given and didn't actually fork out for a bottle of it.

backstage pass

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation is awful because it dried my skin out and made it all flaky. My face was red, itchy and peeling. Never again will I use this foundation.
Botanics Organic Hydrating Day Cream and Botanics Night Shift Moisture Cream made my face go so greasy and spotty. I bought it thinking "Oh, its organic, may as well try it and get nice soft skin." but I binned it within using it for three days?

Anyone used any of the L'Oréal Paris Perfect Clean products yet? I was quite interested in them but don't know if I am brave enough. I might get it next week when I am not planning on doing anything incase it turns my face horrible, as I am quite busy this week!

Last edited by indepwe; 15-03-2010 at 06:33 AM.
18-03-2010
front row

Everything that I bought and used from SK-II. I feel like the whole brand is a scam, the products are worthless and their claims are completely ungrounded. My skin became translucent and I got really bad eczema breakouts.

front row

Philosophy Micro-Exfoliant made me break out and was dry on my skin, even after thorougly washing the product off. Needless to say my tried-and-true is the highly demoted St. Ives Exfoliating Scrub - I will never go back!

backstage pass

I recently bought - and promptly threw away with the garbage! - Illamasqua's cream highlighter in 'Lies'. The colour fades to nothing and leaves a horrid, greasy residue.

trendsetter

Revlon Colorstay Foundation, oxidized on my skin to orange and a pink-tinted orange on me. Looks horrible. I can blend it in well enough to disappear but, at the sake of coverage. And I don't even want to know what it would be like to have a beige neck and an orange tinted face. Finding a good foundation is so hard.

Rimmel eyeliner that I bought was so waxy and hard I just threw it away; same with the Prestige eyeliner I bought.

19-05-2010
front row

The Clinique Three Step program wreaked havoc on my skin.
Even though I had acne it was just too much for me and made me all red and instead of just having a few spots on my face I was all red with many spots on my face because of the lotion.
Oh and the ProActiv system was a bad idea as well; it was too strong and really did a number on my skin.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, buying, choice, face, lotions, make, products, regret, wrong