How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-01-2014
backstage pass

Yep I have read/heard a lot of bad reviews from Fit Me foundation.

Maybelline BrowDrama (just bad bad bad)
L'oreal primer (it did bad things to my skin)
Rimme BB cream

02-01-2014
fashion insider

Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Lip Color - It looks gorgeous when I first apply it but when it dries it looks horrible. Really a shame because it looks so perfect at first and the colours are stunning.
Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner - It scoped and was crumbly
Constance Carrol Gentle Eye Make Up Removber- It scoped and it was really hard to get the eyemakeup of.
MAC lipliners in Dervish and In synch. They were so dry.

02-01-2014
V.I.P.

I've been into makeup/skincare for years and unfortunately there is a group of products I regret buying...

Makeup

Bourjois Volume Clubbing Black Jack & Rouge Bunny Rouge Swift Length mascaras - both had super dry formula and did nothing with my lashes
Armani Face Fabric Foundation - definitely the worst foundation I've ever had
Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin - chalky complexion in a bottle
Benefit Dr. Feelgood - I just can't describe how terrible my face looked after I've applied it...
YSL Ombres 5 Lumieres Eyeshadow Palette - very poor pigmentation

Skincare - products I've used regularly for a couple of weeks/months and haven't noticed any difference/improvement:

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
Dr Sebagh Deep Exfoliating Mask
Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream
Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme for Combination Skin
Avene Cleanance K Face Cream

I regret that I didn't read the ingredients list before purchasing these products... I'm allergic to SLS, beeswax and liquid petroleum and all of these contain at least one of these ingredients. They've caused an allergic reaction and it took weeks for my skin to recover!

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme (the amount of alcohol and fragrance in this moisturizer is crazy!)
Egyptian Magic Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
Avene Cold Cream Hand Cream
Johnson's and Johnson's Baby Oil
NYX Cream Blush

04-01-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiRose View Post
Bourjois Volume Clubbing Black Jack & Rouge Bunny Rouge Swift Length mascaras - both had super dry formula and did nothing with my lashes
Yes! I feel the exact same about the Bourjois one. One of the very few products I regret buying, and the only one I did regret for being awfully dry - the others I regretted were bad foundation colour matches and eyeshadows in too similar tones.

23-01-2014
V.I.P.

Helena rubinstein mascare. That new one http://www.helenarubinstein.com/int/...everfresh.html
It was horrible! Didnt do anything but a mess!

27-03-2014
tfs star

I honestly don't have many (hardly any) products I regret buying because I do a lot of research before I buy something. I rarely make impulse purchases (usually it's a nail polish ) too.
But it happens to me as well. I must say I'm quite disappointed with Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm. I thought I'd love this for colder months, it sounded like a dream come true. A lightweight foundation alternative for dry, dehydrated skin, this formula is ultra-rich, and blends easily, giving skin a dewy look with light coverage. I should knew this was too good to be true. It feels very luxurious, rich and thick and it's a pure pleasure to apply. Heavy glass jar looks pretty too, but I found this to be a little too rich and heavy even for my skin and it covers nothing. And it costs like 60€. It also didn't work with my mineral foundation when used instead of my daily face cream/moisturizer. I'm not really sure what should I do with it. I'm not saying it's bad, but it just didn't work for me. Unfortunately I had no chance to test this before buying.

06-04-2014
windowshopping

L'Oreal Magic De-Crease eyeshadow primer, it doesn't last more than 4 hours on my eyelids. It's also a bit pricey for a drugstore product. I also regret the Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion because it broke me out like crazy! I have a NYX Butter Gloss in Merengue, I don't know, a lot of people seem to like them but to me they're just "meh".

06-04-2014
front row

L'oreal liquid eyeliner. It would burn and blind me and the application would poke my eye.

V.I.P.

Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer or something like that. Way too dark and orange ( i'm very pale) and didn't moisturize a bit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, buying, choice, face, lotions, make, products, regret, wrong