How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-06-2006
front row

some people don't like the really big brush. that's what i don't like about it either

14-06-2006
go red sox

Love, love, love Dandelion. It is my go-to blush for day (for night, NARS Orgasm of course). Its just the perfect color for my very fair skin.

lovely but empty

I love everything I've ever used from Benefit. The Benetint lip balm is AMAZING and bad gal liner and Dandelion are all perfect. I'd suggest everybody go buy them right now. Their stuff is the best if you're interested in a natural look.

17-06-2006
backstage pass

what does Dr. feel good does Exactly? does it work for oilier skins, and what about the texture? it looks heavy, im afraid of the clogging pores and causing black heads thingie.(i was about to purchase it the other day jus beacuse i liked the packaging, not having any idea what's it for )

17-06-2006
V.I.P.

Ha ha! I work at Benefit as a temp when I am not at uni so I know the products inside out! I use them all for makeovers on customers so I know what works on whom...

I think Dr Feelgood is utterly utterly uncessecary. Of course I dont see the customers when they go home but that kind of texture CANNOT be good for the skin.

However You Rebel is divine and I love Bad Girl lash because I love that Marianne Faithful thick clumpy eyelash look. Lengthened and separated my foot! Give me tarry and thick any day. I wish it were waterproof though because by the end of the day, it ends up under my eyes and that is NO good. Benetint is great also.

17-06-2006
V.I.P.

Oh and now it is summer, the number of pale English girls who come up to me and ask me to make them tanned! Geez -what do they expect, miracles? Anyway the Hoola works! They look at me funny because they think because I have brown skin, I am trying to put my products on them, but honestly, it is not too dark, especuially when applied properly, using the right brush. The genius is in the colour. It is a DIRTY brown, which is what people go when they tan. Not these silly copper, gold bronzers they have that can only be used as blush!

18-06-2006
windowshopping

I love both benetint products, they make me look healthy and natural.
The Get even face powder also works for me.

13-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
LOL Curious I just discovered the wonders of MAC's liquidlast liner.. not sure the She Lac will come to much use anymore...
Noted Thanks for the tip!

13-07-2006
earthbound

I've just bought Bad Gal Lash and I love it.

13-07-2006
backstage pass

I just love Benefit products! The Benetint is a life saver. Even when I've been riding my bike through pooring rain the blusher has stayed put (unlike my mascara) Love their stuff!

That peach face powder is really nice too, gives your face a lovely soft porcelin look. It was funny at the staff xmas party last year, a load of girls came up to me asking how I got that "English girl dewy skin" look. I was so touched.

I'm getting married next Feb, do you think there would be a makeup artist that uses Benefit? Do make up counter girls freelance at all?

scenester

ok i have a benefit question.
when i was in london last year i decided i wanted to get a foundation as i have never had one. my sisters friend is in LOVE with benefit so that was the first stop. the assistant but some of the dr. feelgood on but then couldnt find a foundation for my skin- its quite dewy or somehting anyway it looked kinda hairy? so we moved to the tinted moisturiser. so i have really pale skin like a tradional peaches and cream so i have quite a job finding anything that suits it but yourebel did and i was happy and bought it-
but know it seems really dark and orange and yuck and i just cant use it

is there anything i can do like mix it with my moisturiser? and it also seems to kinda blend in later on but i feel like i am rubbing it in so much it is not giving me any coverage at all- i partly wonder if this is because i dont have the primer but i do have the peaches powder which i love so why wont it work

sorry seems like a bit of a rant but it was the most expensive thing i have bought make up wise and i really want it to work

ok any suggestions would be appreciated- like another product?

28-09-2006
windowshopping

I think you should just use a little of it at a time, just at the base points on your face, not all over.
Though Benefit products fit more with people with darker tone. Everything I tried on turned out really nice, despite their wierd colours.

28-09-2006
V.I.P.

i have the Get Even face powder and i LOVE it

backstage pass

^ I was eyeing it that day but it was too crowded so I just left. Will try it out next time.

I luv benefit's products. I've bought a lot of stuff from there, but I don't like their lip glosses none of them suits my skin color.

29-09-2006
backstage pass

has anyone tried Dallas? what do u think of it?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
benefit, makeup