How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2008
rising star

i bought their Rebel tinted moisturised before and i swear i have never had the misfortune of being lumbered with a more disgusting skincare product. Benefit may be ok for highlighters and stuff but as regards skincare - disastrous.

20-05-2008
windowshopping

I've never used Benefit's products before, but right now I'm thinking of getting some Benetint, because I love lip stains and I've heard so many good things about it. I'm also interested in the Some Kinda Gorgeous foundation. I know it's new, so has anyone actually used it? Is it worth it?

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
pinksatin credits please
benefitcosmetics.com(the image is actually clickable too)

fairytalekiddo I have been using SomeKindaGorgeous for over a year and I like it very much. I was skeptical at first because it's hard to believe one shade will work on all skintones and I am very fair so it looked too dark but honestly it's incredibly smooth and invisible on. I have used MAC, Body and Soul, and Bare Essentuals(bare minerals? idk it has so many names) foundations regularly in the past but my skin looks best with benefit's SKG. I can tell by looking at old pics and comparing my face in them to ones from the past year. It's completely invisible on me and just smooths out unevenness. Plus Bare Minerals and Mac both made me break out more. This is a great product.

trendsetter

And about the Erase paste, I tried it and asked about it at sephora but the girl told me they can't give a sample of concealers. It seemed good but I already have boing and high beam and she said erase paste is basically a combination of boing and miss popularity so it's almost exactly like stuff I already use just in one product. But the erase paste is more for only undereye and I can use boing anywhere I need to conceal and high beam anywhere I want to have luminescence. So really erase paste has more limited uses.

scenester

Big Beautiful Eyes is a lifesaver. The guide enclosed in the kit is actually really helpful if you're not a pro at the old smoky eye. And it really does make my eyes look a lot bigger. There's a concealer/primer inside though which I've hardly used, because it's just way too dark for my colouring, which isn't even that light. Staying power's quite good.

You're Bluffing concealer is BRILLIANT imo. It looks scary because of its buttery colour, but it just blends right in. It's one of the best concealers I've used, perhaps even better than Touche Éclat

I love the Body So Fine balm. If you take the time to exfoliate beforehand, Body So Fine makes your skin so smoothy smooth and shimmery! I like the scent, and the black velvety applicator is cute too.

Maybe Baby was the first fragrance I ever bought, and it never let me down. It's quite youthful and sweet.

However. Apart from Bad Gal I don't think too much of BeneFit's other eyeliners. And I've tried Miss Popularity, but that disappointed me - it was just shimmer in a cute tube. Boo Boo Zap didn't really do anything for me either.

Hmm. To sum up, all BeneFit products have gorgeous packaging. So regardless of whether they actually work their magic on me, I'm proud to have them beautifying my boudoir :p

rising star

I bought Erase Paste in Fair on Friday and think its brilliant. I have been using it instead of boing under eye and find that it is much more effective at getting rid of dark circles. I don't know about what the girl at the counter told you pinkstain as in the booklet you get with the product it tells you how to use it to cover blemished as well? maybe a miss understanding.
i found it to be quite expensive at 18.50 but i have only needed to use the tinyest amount for both blemishes and under eyes. can see the little tub lasting a long time!

03-06-2008
Power to the 99%

What about the mascara--I think it's called Get Bent?

03-06-2008
scenester

Get Bent's a bit disappointing - the BadGal mascara's way better if you want thick lashes. Get Bent just has an angled brush, which makes it easy-ish to apply, but other than that it's just a normal mascara with a hefty price.

Power to the 99%

^ Thanks ... that sounds more like what I'm looking for

03-06-2008
V.I.P.

I went to the Benefit counter today. Anyone tried their creaseless cream eyeshadow pots? the colors were nice.

03-06-2008
front row

I'm getting a free makeover thingo there tomorrow. I only really know about the glosses and benetint, so I'm looking forward to finding out some more! The packaging is so damned cute.

04-06-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Snob View Post
I went to the Benefit counter today. Anyone tried their creaseless cream eyeshadow pots? the colors were nice.
Yes I 'm using now the Carte Blanche. That's true, doesn't crease at all.

04-06-2008
V.I.P.

I might buy Skinny Jeans & Birthday Suit next time I am there. They seem like lovely colors.

04-06-2008
V.I.P.

Oh I also want to get Posietint!

21-07-2008
trendsetter

Anyone tried some kind-a gorgeous, looks promising

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
benefit, makeup