How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-05-2006
fashion insider

^ Wow, I didn't know that......yay!

My 4-5 mile walk takes me a little over an hour, more if my dog keeps getting distracted. During the week I usually walk after dinner, on weekends I try to do it in the morning.

I really do try to walk every day, even when it's raining or snowing....cause if I miss one then I start to get really lazy and want to miss more, haha.

On the downside: I get chased by dogs a lot!

14-05-2006
front row

I am forced to walk to and back from school which is 5 miles 5 days a week....it keeps me from getting fat...

V.I.P.

im normally tired after work as i go stright form college .. but i find if i walk home takes about an hour is about 4 miles it wakes me up.. and i feel energetic and not as tired so then i can go home and do whatever were as if i get bus or a lift then i go home and feel so tired i just slob out and my ngiht is ruined/over =[

14-05-2006
V.I.P.

The one bad thing though is if you're walking for a long time in heels, your calve muscles get really big..... but in general yes, walking is a great way of burning calories (especially after a hefty meal!)

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
19-05-2006
backstage pass

thanks for the input. do you prefer treadmill or outside walking?

tfs star

I like outside walking because I get to spend time with my dog and get some fresh air.

I run/jog on the treadmill because it's so much easier to do vigorous cardio when you have a television screen in front of you. For regular, brisk walking - I do it outside.

FYI - if you're walking and you don't prespire, it's not going to do much for you (according to my trainer). You need to walk at a brisk pace that makes you sweat. This is, of course, only if you're looking to actually tone your legs or lose weight. Otherwise, leisurely walking is great for circulation.

22-05-2006
windowshopping

walking is good! It gives u a great butt too and doesn't make ur calves as big as it will be if you jog/run. having said that, I much prefer jogging/running over walking but tt's just me, I like full-on tough workouts to work my body

23-05-2006
fashion icon

TFS has a bad side, that it makes me stay here than study 1 day before a very important exam. However it might be my fault and not TFS'. :p But its good side for sure is that i went for a long walk-run-walk-run with one of my dogs.
I love walking at night so much!! Thank you for making me stand up from the computer!

Walking is really good if you don't have much weight problem but want to stay fit! And it's also excellent for bad mood.. esp with a dog!

25-05-2006
V.I.P.

^^I agree walking is not only good for your body on the outside but it's also a mood booster.. sort of gives you time to process thoughts/defrag:p I enjoy walking

backstage pass

I don't get much occasions to walk In the morning I have to catch the tram, then transfer into a bus which takes me to work - not much time for a nice walk that early in the morning. Then I'm stuck behind the PC for 8 hours and by the end of the afternoon when it's time to go home, I'm so tired that all I can think about is catching the bus home and throwing myself on my bed When i studied, i used to walk much more...

front row

I love taking walks with my dog, but our neighborhood is very small and so if I want a good workout I have to keep circling the same couple of cul-de-sacs like a caged animal.

27-05-2006
front row

does walking make your legs bigger?

27-05-2006
scenester

^i hope not

ive been walking as a form of exercise for the last two weeks. its boosting my happiness levels and making me feel more energetic and not like such a lazy bum :p

27-05-2006
backstage pass

ooh i just got h ome from a walk...i didn get seaty tho, just a lil tacky. does this mean i didnt get enough exercise or that i didnt exert myself enough?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Lush
does walking make your legs bigger?
No! I was a squat/lunge addict... that can bulk your legs up some if you are the 'right' body type for that sort of thing. It's pretty hard for women to get bulky, of course, it's not impossible... some of us build our big muscles quite easily.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
benefits, walking