How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-07-2012
V.I.P.

Best Gift with Purchases
I usually only buy department store makeup brands that offer a gift with purchase (unless its a smaller brand that is only offered at sephora etc or chanel that rarely does GWPs).

here's a gift with purchase item i recently got with clinique. (i actually got two
gifts as i bought two items on two separate occasions):p

mygiftwithpurchase.com

which brands gifts with purchases do you like? are you like me and only wait until one is offered?

sometimes some brands offer a "purchase with purchase" with large makeup sets for a reduced price. those are usually offered around christmas time.

21-07-2012
trendsetter

I once bought perfume from Chloe & got a make-up bag as a gift.
Not sure if that is considered make-up though lol

21-07-2012
V.I.P.

GWPs are make me consider shelling out the money for beauty products at full price (since i can brand beauty products at nearly wholesale price)

a well made, sturdy feeling bag, deluxe sized products, miniature fragrances. all of those are definitely useful and enticing.

Estee Lauder is really the Queen of GWPs. the more prestigious the brand, the less the chance for GWPs tho.

23-07-2012
Making a Mess

^ Funny I was just going to say the best GWPs I've received are from Estee Lauder :p.

I got a great one from Lancome a few years back. A really beautiful makeup bag (that I still use today for my daily makeup) filled with their deficils mascara, eye makeup remover, bronzer, eyeshadow palette, blush duo and fragrance samples.

I don't wait for GWPs to make a purchase but they do entice me to buy a product that I want to try / heard good things about.

Last edited by Party_Vixen; 23-07-2012 at 06:29 AM.
23-07-2012
Power to the 99%

Are we talking loyalty programs too here, or is that a different thread?

23-07-2012
fashion icon

I think Lancome does some of the best GWP. I got my mom a nice one for mother's day this year, it had a ton of products in it (eyeshadow, lipstick, eye cream, blush, etc) plus a nice bag came with it. And the products were decently sized. Sometime's GWP's can be really skimpy looking and not worth getting. From what I've noticed they, along with Estee Lauder, have some of the best. I'm curious though, which other brands people like besides these two?

Making a Mess

^ I would love for Chanel to do GWPs .

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Are we talking loyalty programs too here, or is that a different thread?
sephora has a loyalty program, but its mainly for people that buy on the website and it only includes mini samples.

gift with purchases are only available at department stores or department store websites and they mostly include full size items and some mini items.

usually the skin creams are about half the size of the full size items sold for big bucks - thats what draws me in.

i mainly only buy from brands that offer GWPs because its a good way to get travel size items cheap.

Power to the 99%

^ I mean like Back to MAC (free lipstick, shadow, or gloss with 6 empty plastic containers), or Aveda's points system. They've changed it , but last year I got 4 free pedicures ($200 value), plus some free stuff on my birthday.

I used to buy all Lancome, and get a few Clinique and Elizabeth Arden GWPs as well. But I ended up with a huge amount of stuff I didn't really want. Now the volume of free stuff I get is less, but it's exactly what I want.

25-07-2012
rising star

Unless its a brand like Chanel or Dior where gwp don't come around too much (then I try to at least get a facial and makeup application out of it lol), I try only to buy when there's a free gift like at Lancôme and Estée Lauder. They both have the best, typically.

Btw, right now is Nordstrom's anniversary sale with many gwp for beauty brands.

Last edited by Dianochka; 25-07-2012 at 01:28 PM.
26-07-2012
don't look down

There's a website - mesob.org - that seems to keep track of current Clinique GWPs plus offers from some other premium brands, although it seems to be mostly American stores.

For anyone in the UK and Ireland, Estee Lauder list their upcoming Gift Time promotions on their website, although this has yet to be updated with participating stores for August.

don't look down

For anyone in the UK, Boots are giving away a Gucci mirror with selected purchases of fragrance AND it's a points event this weekend (boots.com):

Making a Mess

With the holidays coming up has anyone come across any good gwps?

I buy perfume every Christmas for my mom and I go shopping with a few in mind... I always end up leaving with the one that has the best free gift :p.

trendsetter

^ There are many offers on FeelUnique, Escentual and Lookfantastic if you want to order it online.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
22-11-2012
Power to the 99%

Fresh has a gift set I'm planning to buy for myself, and Bottega Veneta had a great one last year.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gift, purchases