How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-09-2010
rising star

I am usually not a fan of La Mer products as it is too much hype and do not really do much for me personally but their lip balm is the best one I have used so far.. Pricey but worth it in my opinion.

16-09-2010
Vogue Paris Intern

I swear by Caudalie lip conditioner. It's very hydrating and protective.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionablynumb View Post
I am usually not a fan of La Mer products as it is too much hype and do not really do much for me personally but their lip balm is the best one I have used so far.. Pricey but worth it in my opinion.
I agree, and it smells like Christmas!

front row

I've been using Smith's Rosebud Salve since middle school and I'm now in college. It's very similar to Vaseline/petroleum jelly except it moisturizes better. I think that may have something to do with the oils they add to it.

21-12-2011
front row

Anyone tried Burt's Bees? I know it's a "drugstore" brand technically, but I was wondering if it helped at all.

I have really dry lips that are chapped and pealing. Any other products that any you know of that will eliminate dry, chapped lips?

Also, what kind of product can you use to get rid of dead skin on the lips? I tried the toothbrush thing and it didn't work. I had a cut on my lip that I think is still healing, so I was wondering if there were any treatments that would get rid of the dead skin from that

Thanks!

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloryepp View Post
Anyone tried Burt's Bees? I know it's a "drugstore" brand technically, but I was wondering if it helped at all.

I have really dry lips that are chapped and pealing. Any other products that any you know of that will eliminate dry, chapped lips?

Also, what kind of product can you use to get rid of dead skin on the lips? I tried the toothbrush thing and it didn't work. I had a cut on my lip that I think is still healing, so I was wondering if there were any treatments that would get rid of the dead skin from that

Thanks!
you might want to try aquaphor healing ointment lip balm for chapped lips.

if the problem is really severe then try the regular aquaphor healing ointment. thats what i use when i have the flu and my nose is red from blowing my nose.

for dead skin on your lips try fresh sugar lip balm. it will exfoliate. it is expensive however.

trendsetter

Nuxe Reve De Miel, Smith's Rosebud Salve, Korres (any one), Caudalie, Kiehl's, Burt's Bees, Fresh, The Body Shop and Palmers are all equally effective in my opinion.

High end products like By Terry, Sisley and La Mer are great (and FEEL great) as well, but I'm sceptical as to whether they are any more effective than brands available at the local chemist's.

21-12-2011
tfs star

Nuxe Reve de Miel was the only one that cured my shredded lips and is FAR superior than any others I've tried (including Burt's Bees...not sure I understand the hype there.)

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
Nuxe Reve de Miel was the only one that cured my shredded lips and is FAR superior than any others I've tried (including Burt's Bees...not sure I understand the hype there.)
i think people mainly bought burts bees because it was owned by a formerly homeless lady that is now a philanthropist and has a very high moral standing. now it is owned by Clorax - so i dont buy it anymore. they dont need my money.

backstage pass

Dermalogica Lip Renewal Complex- the best thing I've used on my lips.

21-12-2011
fashion elite

I highly reccomend Kanebo Lip Treatment, it is truly spectacular.

22-12-2011
scenester

Love Nuxe Reve de Miel!

front row

I also use La Mer. My lips do get very dry and La Mer is amazing but really £40 for lip balm?

22-12-2011
windowshopping

I really like the Le Roche Posay one. I bought it in a drugstore when I just landed in Paris after a 10 hours flight, my lips have never been so dry and disgusting at that time! I used the LRP chapstick at least 3 times a day and believe it or not, in three days my lips were just flawless!
I have never seen it for sale in other countries, though! Don't sure if it is just my bad luck or if it is only available in France. One way or another, if you ever pass by this amazing product, get your hands on it! It's absolutely amazing

25-12-2011
rising star

love love love whipstick by lush

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioners, dry, lip, lips, products, recommendations