How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2012
windowshopping

When i was travelling a lot last year, many people gave compliments about my lips. But often the praise ended with "your lips are really chapped". Ever since then i put on Kiehl's lip balm every night i go to sleep. It works well with me and it's better than the other drugstore lip balm i bought.

07-02-2012
front row

I found Sisley nourishing balm is great..., for a little posh you must try Dior abricot lip balm..., hmmmm....delicious..

12-02-2012
scenester

Nuxe Reve de Miel is absolutely amazing. It has a strange matte texture after application, but it literally lasts all day and will make your lips plump, baby-soft, and healthy.

13-02-2012
fashion insider

Boots Botanics Organic Super Balm is meant for the face but the initially heavy balm melts on contact into a silky sheer face/lip treatment.

drugstore.com

scenester

I've tried a couple of dozens of lip conditioners and I am back to using Vaseline. They are cheap and really does the work.

*Tip: Apply a thick layer of lip conditioner prior going to bed and you'll find that you have juicy plumped lips the next day.

19-02-2012
barcode

I've just started using M.A.C's Lip Conditioner this past week after we got the Viva Glam edition sent to my offices. I really like it so far, it's got a great consistency, seems to last for a while after applying, and smells, of all things, like cream soda.

Another one that I had been using and liked was MALIN+GOETZ's lip moisturizer. It's got a different consistency to it that most tube balms I've come across (not as greasy) and if you put too much on it can easily look like lip gloss and get that tacky feel to it, but it works well.

20-02-2012
scenester

I love Kiehl's but the lip balm for men - in the dark blue packaging.

& b

Weleda Everon lip balm. Its amazing! Not glossy or greasy, long lasting and very soothing for cold/dry weather.
Posted via Mobile Device

23-02-2012
Making a Mess

I bought The Body Shop's lip butter in mango for my flight and it was a life saver. Or lip saver I should say :p.

I've been using it every night instead of my Blistex lip conditioner. Haven't had chapped lips since!

rising star

I just started using Jack Black lip care and it's fantastic, plus it has SPF!

24-02-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneseventh View Post
Nuxe Reve de Miel is absolutely amazing. It has a strange matte texture after application, but it literally lasts all day and will make your lips plump, baby-soft, and healthy.
Couldn't agree more. Even though I don't use it during the day, because usually I wear some lipgloss or lipstick and RDM doesn't go well with it imho. It has that grainy structure, but I got used to it and can't live without it anymore. In the day time I go with Eucerin Lip Active, The Body Shop Shea Care Lip Stick (which was unfortunately limited edition), Akamuti Ruby Fruits Lip Butter, Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm etc. I have plenty of it, kinda obssesed with lip balms.

29-11-2012
V.I.P.

I want a lip conditioner with SPF.. I'm thinking about La Prairie, but I'm not sure..

Any recommendations? (I'd prefer something high-end with pretty packaging.)

02-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gábor View Post
I want a lip conditioner with SPF.. I'm thinking about La Prairie, but I'm not sure..

Any recommendations? (I'd prefer something high-end with pretty packaging.)
High-end stuff usually has crap for UV filters in them. La Prairie is no different ( La Praire apparently has slept through all the UV filter updates in the last 15 years, tbh). Their lip pens are great for their nourishing properties and make lips look amazing, at least optically, but UV protection or useful antioxidants are non-existent.
Pharmacy brands offer best protection, if you are serious about protecting lips from darkening and premature aging. I prefer Bioderma's Stick Labial Solaire. Bioderma has two sticks, both are good, but this one is more transparent even applied in a thick layer, which is rare for a product with SPF 50+/PPD38 (once you try some lip stuff with effective UV filters you notice that they are either blue-ish or yellow, nasty, but then again, fully transparent stuff doesnt protect as well). Not high-end at all and really plain packaging, but it's the best there is, works under any conditions, beach, harsh winter etc.

02-12-2012
fashion icon

Smith's Rosebud Salve in Minted Rose is still my number one favorite after all these years.

02-12-2012
trendsetter

My all time favourite lipbalm is from Hurraw!, I just finished the Lime one, the smell was to die for too.

hurrawbalm

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioners, dry, lip, lips, products, recommendations