How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-12-2012
Power to the 99%

I keep Burt's Bees lip balm in just about every room of the house, and I never ever have chapped lips.

I wear lipgloss when I leave the house, lipstick while I'm out, and lip balm while I'm at home.

03-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post
High-end stuff usually has crap for UV filters in them. La Prairie is no different ( La Praire apparently has slept through all the UV filter updates in the last 15 years, tbh). Their lip pens are great for their nourishing properties and make lips look amazing, at least optically, but UV protection or useful antioxidants are non-existent.
Pharmacy brands offer best protection, if you are serious about protecting lips from darkening and premature aging. I prefer Bioderma's Stick Labial Solaire. Bioderma has two sticks, both are good, but this one is more transparent even applied in a thick layer, which is rare for a product with SPF 50+/PPD38 (once you try some lip stuff with effective UV filters you notice that they are either blue-ish or yellow, nasty, but then again, fully transparent stuff doesnt protect as well). Not high-end at all and really plain packaging, but it's the best there is, works under any conditions, beach, harsh winter etc.
I had quite a bad experience with Bioderma sunscreens but I might give this a try, thanks for the suggestion.

05-12-2012
tfs star

I swear by Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm. It's the best lip balm ever.
confessionsofamakeupaholic2011.blogspot.com
I also love the new Vanilla Bliss lip balm from The Body Shop, it's very good. It smells delicious! And I adore the packaging, so cute.

musingsofamuse.com

I also have two EOS lip balms, but they're not that nourishing. I'm such a sucker for packaging.

07-12-2012
rising star

I love Jack Black lip balm-it has SPF 25 as well. It's for men (my BF complains that the Lemon & Chamomile scent makes him feel like he's kissing a boy) but it really moisturizes. My coworker had the worst chapped, peeling lips and started using this-it improved her lips so much so I picked it up for myself.

07-12-2012
tfs star

I'm trying to decide what to get next but I have really bad luck with lip conditioners/lip balm. I've used some where they do nothing but sit onto of the lips but don't moisturize even a little bit. I never want to spend money on this type of product because I'm always nervous I'll just waste money on one that does nothing for me.

28-12-2012
rising star

La Mer lip balm as a night time lip treatment
In the morning, first thing, I like the Body Shop lip butters and lip balms.
For SPF when I am out during the day, I use Fresh sugar lip treatment or Maybelline Baby Lips. Soft lips is also something with SPF that I use on occasion.

11-01-2013
meet the press

Also LOVE Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm.
Kiehl's #1 Lip Balm and Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy are also great.

rising star

I was wondering if the Nuxe Reve De Miel Stick works as well as the balm since I'm only able to purchase that one in my country. I'm going to buy it online so I don't get the chance to try it.
I have very very bad dry lips. When I'm at home I use Carmex (the stawberry one that tastes awful but does an excellent job). But I don't like shiny lips so I was looking for another option.
Hope you can help me!

12-01-2013
V.I.P.

^ carolinab, I've used the Nuxe Rêve de Miel Stick and it's really a good product, so I can reccommend it.

Personally I adore Vaseline Lip Therapy balm, it comes out in four different variations (Original, Aloe Vera, Sun protection with SPF15 and Rosy Lips), plus it's super cheap. Herba Studio Tisane lip balm is great for dry lips too.

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

I'm a huge lip balm junkie so I thought I'd post some reviews of the ones I tried..

Chanel Hydramax Active - Nice scent, very pretty packaging but the pot is way too bulky and there's very little product and it's not too moisturising. Also, it didn't last me a long time..

Chanel Rouge Coco Baume - Even prettier packaging, even less effective..

Clarins Extra-Firming Lip Balm - This was quite moisturizing, but I feel like it's was way too overpriced.

Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm - Very strong scent, not really moisturising...

La Prairie Lip Balm - It's very nice, but not worth the money. The La Mer sales lady told me that it contains a lot of bad ingredients. (I don't know the English names, sorry.)

La Mer Lip Balm - This is the most expensive one I tried (about 55 euros here), but it lasted me a surprisingly long time, about four months, so it was definitely worth the money. It's one of the best ones I tried but it has a weird flavour (minty or something) which irritated my lips sometimes. I don't want to repurchase it but I kinda miss it.

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

For me it's the one from La Mer, I've been using it for ages, since I was like 15. It's very nourishing and repair lips really nice. I like the one from La Prairie too, and years ago I used one from Clinique wich was made with castor oil, nice but very thick.

I bought last week Homeoplasmine, I read time ago that some models use it... it's really nice for windy weather because it's vaseline with calendula.

Ceralip from La Roche Posay is the worst I've ever tried, and one from Lush.

05-02-2013
earthbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwi View Post
I also love the new Vanilla Bliss lip balm from The Body Shop, it's very good. It smells delicious! And I adore the packaging, so cute.
I have that one as well! I do think it smells good, but I feel it kind of leaves a chalky texture because my lips are naturally dark pink.

I borrowed a Hurrah from my friend once and I really liked it, very buttery and nourishing! I have the Kiehls one I'm trying to finish so the Hurrah will be my next purchase.

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

^Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcBarna View Post
For me it's the one from La Mer, I've been using it for ages, since I was like 15. It's very nourishing and repair lips really nice. I like the one from La Prairie too, and years ago I used one from Clinique wich was made with castor oil, nice but very thick.

I bought last week Homeoplasmine, I read time ago that some models use it... it's really nice for windy weather because it's vaseline with calendula.

Ceralip from La Roche Posay is the worst I've ever tried, and one from Lush.
Agree about La Roche Posay, it was disappointing. Another one that didn't work for me was Avene's lip balm.

06-02-2013
tfs star

This is more a lip gloss, but it has amazing caring ability and good, bright pigment. It is easy to apply even on very dry lips.
Natuvive Cherry Care Lip Gloss by ACO.

17-02-2013
rising star

I bought #1 Kiehl's Lip Balm (no scent) and it does a really good job, I recommend it. I couldn't get Nuxe Reve de Miel, so I decided to try this one. My lips are very chapped all year and the fact I bite them doesn't help. Now they are soooo soft I can't believe it. I don't like the fact that is a balm but I can live with that.
I was also tempted to try The Body Shop Lip Butter, is this good? I liked how the grapefruit smelled.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioners, dry, lip, lips, products, recommendations