How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2013
I don't know

forever and always

drugstore.com

04-12-2013
Fashion Designer

Are EOS lipbalms really worth the hype? They are unavailable where I live, and although they are pretty cheap online, the shipping costs are even higher than the price of the balms themselves, which is ridiculous.

earthbound

^ I don't think they're better than Maybelline Baby Lips, which are cheaper where I live. They're just alright in the moisturizing department, not outstanding, but I like that they're somewhat organic/natural. I think the Sweet Mint performs better than the other flavors.

05-12-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellat View Post
Are EOS lipbalms really worth the hype?
^^ I don't think they are. They smell great and they sure look cute, but do nothing for cracked and dry lips. I actually found these quite drying on my lips.
And since I'm also an occasional lip biter, things can get pretty bad and the only thing that really works for me is the Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm (I'm sorry if I keep repeating myself, but this really is my true hero product). I also like to use delicious LUSH Santa's Lip Scrub. This combination is a total winner for me.

21-01-2014
fashion insider

Reviva Vitamin E Stick. i read about this stuff in allure magazine in the 90s and finally got around to trying this thanks to a Ulta giftcard. It's heaven on the lips but due to the clinical look and pure unadulterated waxy bullet color/shape i'm reminded of a suppository every time i use it

source: stephanielouiseatb.blogspot.com

fashion insider

The Carmex lipbalm in the tube and Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm is really good.

15-03-2014
fashion insider

Jack Black works for my lips

17-03-2014
windowshopping

I love Weleda's lip balm.Not too oily like Fresh's sugar.

08-04-2014
windowshopping

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips

brichbox.com

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - I could not live without this, must have multi purpose product

elizabetharden.com

12-04-2014
front row

Paw paw ointment is the best... First, apply a layer to your lips, then gently rub sugar in to exfoliate for about 20 seconds. Rinse off and massage in a little more Paw paw ointment and ta da! Smooth lips

28-04-2014
windowshopping

Best lip products for dry lips?
I've found a great lip balm (Nuxe Reve De Miel) but I'm in need of advice on what lipsticks/stains/pencils/glosses would work best for dry lips?

I tried some lip stains (Maybelline, Benetint and a couple of others) and found those too drying, and although I loved the colour of my Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (Dolce Vita) I found it pretty drying too, and didn't like any other colours in the glossier versions of that product.

Any advice would be appreciated

28-04-2014
V.I.P.

you might want to look into burts bees.

they have a lip balm very similar to clinique's black honey and it's very moisturizing.

28-04-2014
tailored

my lips are really dry as well, and i really like the nars satin lip pencils, which is more moisturizing but still delivers solid color, but it sounds like that's what you tried?
the neutrogena moisture smooth color stick and clinique chubby stick intense are kind of the same, and i liked the texture of the marc jacobs love marc lip gel, but i didn't like the colors...
for something less bold, i love the fresh sugar lip treatments, which come in a bunch of shades (i have honey, rosé, and berry)...

i've been using the bite beauty agave lip mask at night for the last week (you wash your face and and put it on at light, wash off in the morning) and it's been helping...

Last edited by kimair; 28-04-2014 at 06:59 PM.
29-04-2014
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
I've found a great lip balm (Nuxe Reve De Miel) but I'm in need of advice on what lipsticks/stains/pencils/glosses would work best for dry lips?
My vote goes to Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector. I also like Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters (I have 5 of these and I use them all the time) and MAC Mineralize Rich Lipsticks. These are often overlooked, but I think they're great.

29-04-2014
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
you might want to look into burts bees.

they have a lip balm very similar to clinique's black honey and it's very moisturizing.
The tinted lip balms? I have those in Hibiscus and Rose, they've lovely! The colour seems to wear off quite fast on me for some reason though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
my lips are really dry as well, and i really like the nars satin lip pencils, which is more moisturizing but still delivers solid color, but it sounds like that's what you tried?
the neutrogena moisture smooth color stick and clinique chubby stick intense are kind of the same, and i liked the texture of the marc jacobs love marc lip gel, but i didn't like the colors...
for something less bold, i love the fresh sugar lip treatments, which come in a bunch of shades (i have honey, rosé, and berry)...

i've been using the bite beauty agave lip mask at night for the last week (you wash your face and and put it on at light, wash off in the morning) and it's been helping...
Yes the satin lip was the one I tried, not the right colours for me! I did like the texture though, I'll check out the other ones you mentioned! Do you think the chubby sticks and colour sticks are best for dry lips as opposed to lipsticks and glosses? I'll look out for the lip mask that sounds amazing! Not sure where I can get it in the UK but I'll hunt around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwi View Post
My vote goes to Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector. I also like Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters (I have 5 of these and I use them all the time) and MAC Mineralize Rich Lipsticks. These are often overlooked, but I think they're great.
I haven't tried any of those, they look great! Thank you!!

Are lip stains generally pretty drying? I love the style of the Stila Lip and Cheek stain but I'm worried about how moisturising it is

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioners, dry, lip, lips, products, recommendations