How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2014
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
Yes the satin lip was the one I tried, not the right colours for me! I did like the texture though, I'll check out the other ones you mentioned! Do you think the chubby sticks and colour sticks are best for dry lips as opposed to lipsticks and glosses? I'll look out for the lip mask that sounds amazing! Not sure where I can get it in the UK but I'll hunt around
i find that i can't wear a lot of lipsticks as they are too drying...
revlon makes good moisturizing ones that come in a zillion colors...
i like glosses but they don't last, which is why the sticks seem to be a happy medium...

i also have to echo la bordélique who mentioned maybelline's baby lips...
i have the dr. rescue formula in soothing sorbet (a bright pink) which is amazing and i love the slightly cooling sensation...

29-04-2014
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
i find that i can't wear a lot of lipsticks as they are too drying...
revlon makes good moisturizing ones that come in a zillion colors...
i like glosses but they don't last, which is why the sticks seem to be a happy medium...

i also have to echo la bordélique who mentioned maybelline's baby lips...
i have the dr. rescue formula in soothing sorbet (a bright pink) which is amazing and i love the slightly cooling sensation...
Thanks so much for explaining! I'll check those out! I have a few of Maybelline's Baby Lips, I'm addicted

I haven't seen the Dr. Rescue ones here in the UK yet but I'm really excited, they look amazing!

04-08-2014
fashion insider

i'm kinda obsessed with essence glow tinted lip balm. i'm pretty sure i have this in the 'light up' shade.

it's strange cuz it feels very comforting and hydrating like a lip butter but they chose to emphasize the tint/stain aspect more than the hydrating properties, whereas most lip butters i've tried aren't actually all that hydrating!

the staying/staining power is minimal but for a cheap $1 dollar lip product i'm not gonna complain.

de.paperblog. com

Power to the 99%

My sister gave me some eos organic lip balms--the shape is a bit awkward, it ends up on the skin around your lips, but it doesn't seem to show or be irritating, so I guess that's fine. So far I like them ...

05-09-2014
V.I.P.

Mine is Smith's rosebud salve tin. Not the tube ! The little box.
Dermophil Indien when I am in France. Love the smell.

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 05-09-2014 at 08:55 AM.
08-09-2014
windowshopping

for really chapped lips the only thing that helps is blistex lip relief creme, if you dislike the taste i can recommend balmi cube balm!

front row

I swear by Korres lip butter in Guava. I've tried many others and they either don't work or bother my asthma or both.

V.I.P.

New lip balm by Zelens:

selfridges.com

Quote:
An addictively nourishing and restoring lip treatment. Zelens The Balm delivers intense soothing moisture while protecting, plumping and repairing lips. Containing 13 active ingredients including retinol ester that enhances cell communication, it promotes collagen production and encourages the skin renewal process.

2 Weeks Ago
rising star

I am a lip balm junkie, I have tried almost everything out there (Burt's Bees, Nuxe Reve de Miel, EOS, Rosebud Salve, Blistex, Bioderma, Caudalie, DR.Hauschka, Kiehl's to name a few...)

Although some of them are OK for daily use (if what you're looking for is to keep your already soft lips moisturised), the only thing that helps my chapped lips is the Carmex pot.

I use it as a night-time treatment and my lips are as good as new in the morning. I always keep it on my nightstand.

fashion.telegraph.co.uk

In my purse I usually keep the classic Neutrogena stick

neutrogena.co.uk

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

^^I need to try that!

19 Hours Ago
front row

I recently went out and bought Nuxe Rêve de Miel in the chapstick form and I'm a convert. I still love Burt's Bees - but Nuxe is a miracle worker in cases of great need.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioners, dry, lip, lips, products, recommendations