How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-10-2003
& b

I suggest scrubbing with your toothbrush while u wash your teeth...but dont eat anything salty or spicy caus eyou will wake up the neighborhood!

17-10-2003
front row

I suggest eight our cream by Elisabeth Arden or Kiehls lip balm

17-10-2003
front row

bepanthene- does it all for me!

18-10-2003
tfs star

Smith's Rosebud Salve works wonders for me!! I used to be on meds which heavily dried out my lips and my dermo got me to use Prevex, which is a hand cream but it worked wonders at the time!!!!

front row

i use Burts Bees

21-10-2003
trendsetter

I use Kiehl's lip balm.

V.I.P.

I just found Carmex in a tube.

& b

Quote:
Originally posted by Gobi@Oct 17th, 2003 - 7:28 am
I suggest eight our cream by Elisabeth Arden or Kiehls lip balm
I also suggest Eight Hour Cream, its excellent, and it also works for cuticules, elbows and knees..wherever you need to hydrate...

backstage pass

I normally use vaseline to moisturize and carmex for when my lips are really chapped and sore. Most of the time lipbalm addictions are just oral affixiations (sp?), sort of like a nervous habit. I do find that the medicated stuff dries out your lips after a while if you overuse it. I think the key is to only use it when your lips really need it so that you don't become dependent on it. Why take medicine when you don't need it? Switching brands every once and a while seems to help for me, but maybe that's just an excuse to feed my lipbalm/gloss addiction.

08-11-2003
windowshopping

Great ideas everyone - just don't forget to hydrate from the inside as well, that is, drink plenty of water every day. Trust me, I live in one of the driest places in the US (Phx), and the BEST thing for me? Lots of water daily and Vaseline at night. What can I say? I'm a drugstore cowgirl! Oh, and don't lick your lips (ever, it just looks trashy) since that makes it worse. Hasta luego!

20-11-2003
windowshopping

I used to use vaseline lip care, but i found that my lips were still as chapped as ever after i'd been using it for a couple of months-when it wasn't on my lips, my lips felt chapped and horrible but they felt alright when it was on. My mum informed me about vaseline and lip balms dtripping your lips of the natural moisture and oils they make and so i decided to try nivea lip care rose and i find it works really well, my lips aren't chapped any more and it leaves a pinky sheen which makes my lips look naturally glossy at the same time. So i'd highly recommend that!

23-11-2003
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by SoJess@Nov 8th, 2003 - 1:00 pm
Great ideas everyone - just don't forget to hydrate from the inside as well, that is, drink plenty of water every day. Oh, and don't lick your lips since that makes it worse.
I second, SoJess's suggestions. Lots of water and avoid licking your lips (which will only serve to dry them out more).

As for lipbalm, I use Kiehls in the morning and at night. Throughout the day I use a lipbalm with SPF. Currently it's Prada but I'm just using what I have left and I don't intend to buy any more of it. I also picked up a tube of Sephora's own Operation Smile with SPF 15. It's only 5 bucks and proceeds go towards funding reconstructive surgery for underprivileged children around the world. I like it. I find it does the trick.

24-11-2003
windowshopping

Yes, Blistex is great! I lost mine a few weeks ago, and I desperately need to buy a new one You could also use vaseline or any petroleum jelly. Usually works!

24-11-2003
windowshopping

Elizabeth arden eight hour cream is really good, its been around for a long time, it kind of tastes funny. I also really like burts bees i think its the best for the $. Body shop shea lip butter ir really good too. also floriani lip repair, i've been using all these products and my lips have never looked so smooth and line free.

20-01-2004
windowshopping

my dermatologist recommended AQUAPHOR OINTMENT. I really like it! I have trial sizes too (my cousin hooked me up with samples)... I bring it with me wherever I go. My lips are never chapped.... I can get by without lipstick just as long as I have it on (oh my lips are naturally pinkish).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioners, dry, lip, lips, products, recommendations