How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2008
rising star

^ Thank you, I'm going to try that, as I have pot, but don't use it, because I found it too thick.
Yves Rocher is also nice, they have a strawberry one, which also makes your lips red :p

21-09-2008
windowshopping

I think Mac lip conditioner ( the tube ) is great, i swear by it ever since ... forever now, also the limited edition tinted ones are good too, much more moisturizing compare the normal ones with SPF 15 , try try MAC !

27-09-2008
scenester

OMG Khiel's lip balm. I can't stress this enough. In England it's definitely pricier than other brands but it's sooo worth it. I love my tub I carry it everywhere. If you have chapped lips it'll be gone b4 u kno it and if not then it just keeps them smooth and fabulous.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
I suggest eight our cream by Elisabeth Arden or Kiehls lip balm
I tell you, I swear by 8 hour cream. I was a counter Manager on Arden a couple of years ago. At that time we had the 8 hour cream in Oz jars! It was cheap too. I believe 13 dollars a jar. When I got to a meeting about upcoming items coming out. We were told that they were discontinuing the product in the jars, and it would only be in tubes. I bought a **** load of it in the jars. Do you know that stuff doesn't go bad, and I'm still working on a jar. I've given some away as gifts. I use it for lips elbows, knees etc. It's also wonderful for burns as well. It was originally created during the war for burn victims. It's an amazing product.

08-10-2008
trendsetter

I used to swear by Kiehl's Baby Lip balm but it went bad on me and stunk like old elmer's glue. So I tossed it and bought Dr. Bronner's on a whim at Target. It smells medicinal and herbal at first but the peppermint smell is all I can smell now. Not greasy at all which is nice or waxy, and its doing a great great job at keep my lips soft and moisturized. I think it was 2.99, which is also a lot cheaper than Kiehls. Plus I like that this has no parabens or animal products (the baby balm from Kiehls has lanolin in it).

03-01-2009
Heartbeat

i wanna try MAC Lip Conditioner in squeeze tube. just for those moments when i dont wanna wear lip gloss. i love lustre glass because its moisturizing for me. if i dont leave the house i dont use anything but once im outside or in some heavily ac-ed place i need something on my lips!

04-01-2009
front row

Badger lip balm is the best I've ever tried! Its ingredients are organic and include EVOO, castor oil and beeswax. It comes in flavours like Chai Rose, Pink Grapefruit and Cinnamon. What I like the most about these is that its solid in the tin/stick, but goes on like a thin oil. It soaks into the lips, not like other lip balms that just sit on top like a greasy coating and you can really feel the difference

04-01-2009
In Bloom

I must say that the Nuxe lip balm has saved my life. It's doesn't contain mineral oils or vaseline. It's pure beeswax and vegetable oils. It dosn't get oily when you apply it and it isn't shiny and greasy, it's matte and non-sticky. I've had the most painfully dry lips - so dry that they ended up bleeding - and Nuxe helped my lips in two days to heal faster and now I don't have dry lips anymore.

we were in love

04-01-2009
.fr

Carmex!

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy34 View Post
I tell you, I swear by 8 hour cream. I was a counter Manager on Arden a couple of years ago. At that time we had the 8 hour cream in Oz jars! It was cheap too. I believe 13 dollars a jar. When I got to a meeting about upcoming items coming out. We were told that they were discontinuing the product in the jars, and it would only be in tubes. I bought a **** load of it in the jars. Do you know that stuff doesn't go bad, and I'm still working on a jar. I've given some away as gifts. I use it for lips elbows, knees etc. It's also wonderful for burns as well. It was originally created during the war for burn victims. It's an amazing product.
I love the Eight Hour Cream !!! I just bought the orginal jar and balm stick from the Spain, for some reason they still sell the jars ( its the pinkish rose colour ones? wiht the 1930's thingi on it)...my lips keep cracking...and i have a lip balm stick next to me and i just use it everytime i feel my lips are drying...its amazing .....

front row

Totally addicted to lip balm and have been through so many tubes! This is what I would recommend:

1. Kiehl's lip balm
2. Bobbi Brown Lip Balm with SPF (this doesn't look shiny which is great!)
3. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream (multi-tasker!)
4. Dr Hauschka Lip Care stick
5. Sisley lip balm
6. La Mer lip balm

I'm tempted to try the Nuxe one, but am concerned if it looks too shiny on...

04-01-2009
In Bloom

The Nuxe looks matte. Not shiny at all

I really think that 8 hour cream sucks. I don't get the hype. It makes my lips even dryer because of the lanolin oil.

we were in love

04-01-2009
elementary.

i like johnson's mooncare intensive balm. it's intended for night use but i use it throughout the day.
think my lips are beginning to develop immunity to it and have been looking at the nuxe balm so might switch to that! wanted to try yes to carrots but can't find it anywhere
i've also heard good reviews for bourjois's baume de nuit. anyone tried it?

kaboodle.com

Last edited by i_<3_chanel; 04-01-2009 at 01:45 PM.
04-01-2009
front row

anything by Burts Bee

04-01-2009
backstage pass

I like la mer's lip balm.
I thought i'd try the Kiehl's one a few months back at first i liked it but after a while it left my skin on my lips feeling not quite right. I find it hard to explain maybe over hydrated (if thats possible!)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioners, lip, recommendations