How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2006
rising star

Best Lip Stain?
Hi all,
I am looking for a good lip stain that will last me throughout the day. I've tried Vincent Longo's Lip/Cheek stain and Smashbox's Limitless lip stain and I'm not too happy with either. I like that they're both a very light, liquidy formula but I'm not to happy with the colors on my medium toned asian skin. I'm looking for a YLBB (your lips but better) shade. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited by iChelle; 07-09-2006 at 09:25 PM.

07-09-2006
backstage pass

Benefit's BeneTint comes in both a liquid and balm form, and the people that use it seem to love it. MAC also came out with a line of stains with a variety of colors, so you should be able to find one (or more!) that suit your skin tone. I'm not sure if they still have it, but I have one that looks deep, deep red in the tube and it goes on a lovely sheer, light berry.

08-09-2006
leave me with your Borneo

i'm interested in hearing recommendations too! i've used the vincent longo and benetint stains, and the only thing i don't like about benetint is how bright it is. the vincent longo has a larger color range (liquid kiss is a perfect red), but it is expensive. i LOVED sephora's liquid stain, but they discontinued it! i'm interested in tarte's lovin' the fast stain (haha) set - it has a cheek stain and a plumping lip stain/gloss and both are supposed to be a true red. i'll update if i do get it - i'm still searching for the right stain. :-/

09-09-2006
little soul

Lancome just came out with a new stain for lips, it's made like a felt pen. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience of this! I've tried it out on my hand and it seems that you can vary the intensity of colour easily which is a nice feature for a stain. It comes in three colours, one more orangey, one a deepish purple and the other a mauve/pink with glitter.

09-09-2006
rising star

hi miu miu. that sounds like something i'd love to try. where did you find this?

09-09-2006
little soul

Hi iChelle,
I've seen the lipstain at all the Lancome counters I've visited recently, it's new this season so it's part of a stand alone collection that they bring out, so it won't be amongst the regular Lancome products. It's a collection created by Gucci Westman, called Luna Chic, and Daria W. stars in the campaign for these new colours. The pen is called Potion of Love, "Like the indelible memory of a kiss, POTION OF LOVE lip stain caresses lip contours and traces the most sensual rouge outline with its soft, refreshing pen."

Check out local Lancome counters in department stores near you, or look at Lancome.com to shop online. Hope this helps

09-09-2006
rising star

ah here it is http://www.lancome-usa.com/_us/_en/c...on-of-love.htm, hehe, i love the concept of drawing on your lips with a marker. makes me feel like i'm 4 again :-D will try to check it out today. thanks for the info!

Last edited by iChelle; 09-09-2006 at 08:54 AM.
09-09-2006
leave me with your Borneo

i'm going to check out that lancome lipstain marker too - i read about it recently and gucci westman said that she wanted to create a lip marker that doesn't dry out quickly (which a lot of them do), so it sounds promising. the mauve/pink w/ glitter sounds great!

10-09-2006
rising star

I too am looking for a lipstain. I love the idea of one, but there doesn't seem to be that many around. The girl at the BeneFit counter told me that BeneTint is really really popular, one of their best selling itemsand they've been selling it since the 70's!

10-09-2006
rising star

miu miu, thanks so much for the Potion of Love suggestion. I just bought Vin Celeste at Nordstrom and I LOVE the color, it's so pretty. And I love the packaging. So fun to draw on my lips w/"marker"! :-D It smells yummy too! I hope this is The One...

10-09-2006
little soul

iChelle, I'm so glad you like it You'll have to let us know how it is, how the colour is, how does it last etc. I love that it's a marker too, it seems like so much fun to put on.

10-09-2006
front row

http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/lipenvy.cfm

14-09-2006
rising star

Ok guys, I've had Potion of Love for a few days and I'm on the fence about it. I love the smell, color, and packaging. It seems to have good lasting power; I've eaten a messy sandwich with it and it seems to have stayed put. It is kind of drying though so I top mine off w/a coat of Juicy Tubes. However, why do I get the feeling that it may dry up quickly like all markers tend to do?

16-09-2006
windowshopping

i love benetint but i recently branched out to a lorac lipstain which i'm not crazy about. the roller tip leaks a little and the color comes off too dark for me (i have incredibly pale skin and dark hair, so it looks a little too goth). gotta try the lancome one and i'll report back!

16-09-2006
rising star

At ULTA today, I was sampling this lip/cheek stain line called Liptini ($16.50)
http://www.liptini.com/product_categ...eek_stains.cfm
and I found a great color I wanted to buy. Unfortunately, they were out of stock Their site above doesn't carry this color either. Guess I will try back again next time.

Hey Organic, thanks for recommending the Urban Decay. However, I wish it came in a broader range of colors (it only comes in 3). Cute packaging though

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lip, stain