How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2007
backstage pass

Best Makeup Counter Customer Service ?
what is the best customer serivce you got or would like from a beauty counter?

Last edited by fashionlives; 02-11-2007 at 04:26 AM.

02-11-2007
Diamond

Without a doubt my best makeup counter experiences always happen at MAC. I don't wear a lot of MAC cosmetics but whenever I go to the MAC counter/store the SAs are knowledgeable, friendly, willing to spend tons of time with you, and always look impeccable. I always end up buying more than I planned because they're just that good

If we have any MAC gals (or guys) here, you have my heart

~Madeleine Albright

Last edited by Hipkitten; 02-11-2007 at 05:08 PM.
03-11-2007
rising star

^^ Its funny cause I always have horrible experiences at MAC. In both Miami and New York, every time I go to a MAC counter I always find them to be rude and condescending. They talk to you like you have never put on makeup in your life. Everytime I go thier I leave wanting to hit someone.

I actually always get good help at the benefit counter at the Macy's that I live by. I loooove Benefit products and they are always very nice.

04-11-2007
front row

The MAC store is Nashville kicks ***. All the SAs are lovely, funny, personable and fabulous. They get to know everyone by name. I would stop in just to say Hi while shopping elsewhere

04-11-2007
go red sox

My best and worst experiences are always at MAC. I think it just depends on the artist.

backstage pass

hipkitten
yes knowledgable is vital

trendsetter

I have to say Benefit. This girl at the Bloomingdales benefit in Soho spent so much time on me doing my face and showing me products and I was really just window shopping. Granted she did call me over to her to try stuff like a vendor might so I'm not completely at fault and didn't lead her on. I ended up not buying anything because it added up to a lot and I don't like to impulse buy. So I thought it over for a day and ended up buying half of the stuff - about $80 worth - at a sephora that was right by my hotel. So that is an example of good customer service that didn't get repaid. I still feel guilty. But I didn't want to spend so much without thinking it through.

My friend works at MAC so I get great service from her (and discounts if we're careful) but otherwise (when I'm not at her store) I find the MAC people to be intimidating. I agree with what someone said - they treat you like you've never worn makeup in your life.

I know it's not really cosmetics and more of personal care products, but the people who work for LUSH are always awesome and helpful and cheerful and will talk to you about stuff that's important like your skin and what they've tried, etc. Maybe b/c the aroma of the place keeps them happy.

rising star

I have to say I love MAC... I've met some really wonderful ladies who work there and they're always really helpful. But it does depend on the counter and store because at the MAC store near where I live normally, they're really pushy and they tend to ignore you...

Which is why I almost always prefer to shop at the counter near my school. Nice people just make you want to buy more really, you'd think SAs would learn.

05-11-2007
backstage pass

if i ever go to by make up for my kit i always go to a MAC stand/ store. They are all so nice and helpful.

V.I.P.

My favorite counter is Stila at Bloomingdale's. The MAC girls at my new counter at Macy's are really nice too, which is nice from the usual bitchstorm at the Nordstrom counter.

07-11-2007
V.I.P.

I generally get really good service because I work in a mall and the people who work at the makeup counters are friends with the manager at my store (my manager used to work at Estee Lauder) and they see me all the time. Both of the Lancome counters are really nice to me and Estee Lauder at Macy's tends to be nice. If I buy MAC I tend to go on a weekday right after school because they get horrendously busy (my mall has a MAC in Nordstrom and then a separate standalone stand outside) but they have been nothing but nice.

09-11-2007
windowshopping

I always get good service at MAC, but I get frustrated because I always have to wait because they are ALWAYS busy! But I get really good service every time I walk into Sephora also. They greet you as soon as you walk in and if you are looking for something specific, they will help you look and let you try until you find exaclty what you are looking for. They are a little pricey for me, but if you want something specific and they will help you get it, the higher prices can be worth it.

09-11-2007
boop

With MAC it really depends on which MAC you go to in my opinion. At some of the counters / stores the sales people are awesome and helpful - at others they're too busy re-applying their lipgloss to even deal with customers. I've totally watched girls at the MAC counters redoing their own makeup and ignoring customers. Those were isolated incidents though - sometimes you go to MAC and the people are great.

I enjoy the customer service that I've received at the Shu Uemura in Soho. Its closed for renovations right now but the service I've gotten there has always been very nice. The MAC at Henri Bendel's is also great - lots of nice sales associates always willing to help. Armani cosmetics at Bloomingdales Soho and at Saks both have nice people who are very helpful as well. These are people I will always go back to since they've been really great in the past.

10-11-2007
fashion elite

MAC & Clinique. Theres this old lady that works at Clinique thats kinda rude, but I always go when the younger lady is there, shes so nice and willing to help me and always makes sure I go home with samples of anything I fancied.

backstage pass

Here in Glasgow people at Nars and Benefit in House of Fraser, especially in the last counter. In MAC I get mixed opinions because there are very, very nice people or very rude ones that keep ignoring me and want to sell me things that I'm not asking for - as if I didn't know what they are for. Those of you who said that they talk to you as if you have never worn makeup are right.

In my city there is a girl at MAC who is lovely, so I only shop there when she is working. One of the other is hopeless. When I got my Lady Bug lipstick I told her to try it on me and she couldn't paint my lips well! I looked like a clown, lipstick all over my face, not in my lips. Awful.

And I agree with you, pinksatin, people at Lush are very helpful and nice.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
counter, customer, makeup, service