How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-11-2008
In Bloom

A sheer layer of concealer, set with any powder, and voila. That's how you cover dark circles. I don't think you have dark circles if you can cover it with powder...lucky you!

we were in love

26-11-2008
Heartbeat

yeah theyre not too dark at all but since im pretty pale even a little bit of darkness under eyes bothers me. i think i got the idea from my sister, she isnt as melanin challenged as i am and doesnt really have undereye circles at all but she usually just uses a light swipe powder. it not a big difference but its just looks so much nicer!

so far the only way powder works for me is if i apply with my fingers, this gives me the best coverage and smooth blending(as long as my skin isnt dry and is properly moisturized if it is dry that day).

*OOH LA LA* ive been eyeing YSL. i might not even want to use cuz its so pretty! i heard the sponge doesnt fit in there which is fine because i wouldnt use it anyways!

Nordstrom

26-11-2008
In Bloom

^I think that YSL powder is just what you need... I've tried it on, and it has this pearly sheen to it and it covers a bit too! I wish I could make do with some powder

we were in love

29-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassAngel View Post
I know it's not really a "pressed powder" but if you're looking to stay matte, I've always liked Benefit's Dr. Feelgood. It's a clear balm and it doesn't add to any powder bulk or clog pores
Ooh .. Benefit has finally arrived where I am and this is one of the products I've had my eye on. Do you still use powder on top of it?

I'm currently using DiorSkin X4 Control Pore-Refining Compact. It does make my pores less visible and my skin has a much smoother appearance. It also keeps my face more matte than other compacts I've used before so I'm pretty pleased with it.

01-12-2008
Heartbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^I think that YSL powder is just what you need... I've tried it on, and it has this pearly sheen to it and it covers a bit too! I wish I could make do with some powder
thank you for the rec! i so wanted to get it yesterday but i ended up buying like 4 pairs of shoes & then some! i cant wait to check it out

02-12-2008
fashion icon

I like Loreal true match powder. Basic but effective

02-12-2008
VSFS 2009!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestar07 View Post
Ooh .. Benefit has finally arrived where I am and this is one of the products I've had my eye on. Do you still use powder on top of it?

I'm currently using DiorSkin X4 Control Pore-Refining Compact. It does make my pores less visible and my skin has a much smoother appearance. It also keeps my face more matte than other compacts I've used before so I'm pretty pleased with it.
No. If I get shiny, I just dab a bit on and it goes away fro the rest of the day. I think it's best not to use it with any powder since it is a balm and the result might tend to get waxy when it's mixed with powder

09-12-2008
front row

Chanel!! Makes the face look fantastic and hides anything u want!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
powder, pressed