How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
Yes but as you know the products are so nutrient-rich and concentrated you need only small amounts..a cream lasts me probably six months easily...so the price is justified, although my cream's only $70...the finishing serums are the most expensive definitely and those arent usually used twice a day...do you use yours twice..and do you apply any serum OVER your cream like they suggest?
And I would love to meet up and discuss Biologique-Recherche!
Yes, that's true, they do last a long time esp. b/c I tend to rotate my serums and creams depending on my skins needs. The creams def. last me about 4 months if not more and the serums the same. I use a serum and cream twice a day though and apply my cream over my serum. I know they say to apply the serum over your cream but Aida recommended me to use my serum and then the cream so I don't know if it really matters.

The only product I buy often is the P50 and stock up on it when there is a coupon as I know I'll keep using it. I use that twice a day as well.

15-11-2008
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
A bit, yes. $50 for 5 oz. and $80 for 8 oz.
Hahaha omg, the 8. oz. is going for $132 on ebay.co.uk. Just had to look

we were in love

15-11-2008
V.I.P.

Is that for Buy It Now? People will end up paying it because they cant find it anywhere, and they're too dense to realize just google their site and send an email to info@distribio-usa.com and an aesthetician will email you and tell you where to get it in your city (if they have a BR aesthetician in your city) or where online to buy it retail, but for me, I'm going to splurge the next time I'm in NYC, take a weekend training class and spend $1500 to get the wholesale price and the pro sizes of creams and cleansers and serums and masks and all the P50's.

Online sellers that I know for retail are:
www.paullabrecque.com
www.beautyhabit.com

16-11-2008
In Bloom

Well, most of us don't live in USA, so eBay is the only option...unless you want to buy from a site that wants $25 just for shipping to Europe. It isn't sold in Denmark, so...

Maybe it's sold in France, but it's a bit far for lotion

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 16-11-2008 at 07:58 AM.
16-11-2008
In Bloom

www.paullabrecque.com wants $91 !!! for shipping to Denmark, wtf?!

we were in love

16-11-2008
In Bloom

Sanctum.ie ships everywhere, and it ships for €5 to Denmark. P50V will be mine soon...

we were in love

16-11-2008
V.I.P.

Oh good I am glad you found a place...and the info@distribio-usa.com can still point you to an aesthetician in EU.

I would try the P50V first, since the regular P50 has the most strength, they recommend everyone begin on the V or W strengths. I've used all and find the V to be terrific. Good luck!

16-11-2008
In Bloom

I know, but then I'd have to go through them to find one who bothers shipping...too much hassle. I actually just clicked Ireland on the BR startpage, and now I've ordered the P50V - i figured the P50 was too strong to start out with, like you said

Right now I'm using an exfoliating moisturizer...I think I need to find something else, no?

we were in love

16-11-2008
front row

I love the P50 been using for about 3 years and find the Masque Vivant to be wonderful, but smells awful!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojodeazul19 View Post
I love the P50 been using for about 3 years and find the Masque Vivant to be wonderful, but smells awful!
I call it the Stinky Yeast Mask. It sure makes pores less visible though.

TheIda what moisturizer are you using that's exfoliating? I think anytime to switch up your routine is good. And glad you chose the P50V!

A tip if you're sensitive (I do this sometimes if I've just shaved) is to apply the P50 on dampened cotton, so it's less tingly.

16-11-2008
In Bloom

I'm using a Danish organic brand called Melissa, it says something about fruit acids - I used Nuxe Creme Etincelante before, containing AHAs, the Melissa is pretty similar to the Nuxe. But it might be a bit much with all the resurfacing and exfoliating going on

I think I might go for Embryolisse Lait Concentre if I can snatch it up on ebay.

we were in love

16-11-2008
V.I.P.

Yes dont use those in combo with the P50V, too much exfoliating! Because the lactic acid and other ingredients in P50's are all exfoliating, and they recommend you to use it every day (I dont because I am a male who has to shave, so my skin is extra sensitive/dry..you probably could though) twice a day. I try to preserve it anyways, so I use it four times a week.

Here's the ingredients: Water (aqua), Glycerin, Myrrh extract, Myrtle extract (Myrtus Communis-is the plant name), Niacinamide, Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Witch Hazel extract (Hammamelis Virginiana), Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sulphur, Great Burdock Extract (Arctium Lappa), Phenol.

16-11-2008
In Bloom

No parabens, hooray! I'm going through all my stuff and I'm getting rid of everything with parabens in it.

we were in love

16-11-2008
front row

The recently changed the ingredients in P50 and P50V. I happen to say that I liked the old one better. I wonder why the changed out the ingredients. The new one smells better..

V.I.P.

Are they different than what I posted? Could very well be, I've been using three of them (until they ran out) from 2007, and am on my last one now, so I havent purchased any in over a year.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
biologiquerecherche