How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-08-2010
front row

I think it looks great in the editorials.But I'm not so sure about it as an everyday look.

06-10-2010
scenester

Bumping this up... Where can I get a blue lipstick similar to the second picture in post #28?

13-10-2010
backstage pass

^ The blue from lime crime looks almost identical, but maybe a tiny bit darker.

rising star

I've got this one from lime-crime makeup, they had some kind of "10 listicks for less" offer, so i just got them all.. They've got so many delicious colours!!

http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/produ...-lipstick.html

Love the blue colour (it's not all that bright in real), and i'm really happy with all my other lipsticks, but the blue one i have only worn at home - yet!

Any ideas on what would look good with this look? Clothing, colours, eye-makeup?

Last edited by Christina!; 14-10-2010 at 04:08 PM.
18-10-2010
don't look down

A blue review - apparently this shade is only available in Europe (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Illamasqua Disciple Lipstick ($22.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a deep navy blue with a near matte finish. It’s pretty opaque, but it is a little dry, so it’s best applied with a lip brush. Between the opacity and the more clinging nature of the formula, though, it’s incredibly long-wearing–yielding about six hours of wear for me. Illamasqua’s lipsticks are also scent- and taste-free.

Most of us probably wouldn’t wear this shade on the regular, but it’s always nice to have options, which is one of the fun parts about the Illamasqua brand. Disciple is surprisingly flattering even when worn on its own. Normally, I’m not a huge fan of really dark lip colors on myself, but I kind of dug the way the blue worked with my skin tone here. I also appreciate that it’s not a black-blue but a true navy blue on lips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue 1.jpg (200.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Blue 2.jpg (139.7 KB, 2 views)

rising star

oh man, i tried blue lipstick about 6 years ago, it's not a good look. somehow it turn my healthy peachy skin tone into dead looking pasty pale with a greenish tone @_@ horrible.

i think i'll only look good if you're either tanned enough to not look dead, or pale enough to not look alive anyway =/

backstage pass

Occ has a blue shade http://www.occmakeup.com/store/cart....=LIP+TAR%3A+RX

scenester

I had a very similar one to the Illamasqua Disciple when I was 13. I even wore it once or twice in public and I was actually very surprised to see everybody was staring at me, I thought it was just another lipstick

13-08-2011
don't look down

When I clicked on the review, I don't know what colour I was expecting the product to be... (temptalia.com):

Quote:
OCC Butch Lip Tar ($13.00 for 0.27 fl. oz.) is described as a “pastel periwinkle,” and it will launch with the Pretty Boy Collection on September 6th. Lip Tars were born to be mixed, but over time, OCC has released shades that can just as easily be worn alone as they can be used to mix with others. The formula is meant to give the longer wear of a lipstick with the application of a gloss, while the ultimate dry down reveals a satin finish. Lip Tars are also richly pigmented and mint-scented (it includes peppermint oil).

If you have any experience with Lip Tars, the best advice anyone can give is: a little goes a very, very long way. Butch is no exception–you really need much less than you’d think. It’s also much easier to use a lighter hand and add more as needed. You can apply straight from the tube (and the angled applicator works well to maneuver around the natural curves of the lips) or with a lip brush (OCC recommends their #009 brush).

Butch is a beautiful periwinkle–it’s a perfect mix of cornflower blue and dusty purple that combines for this lighter, softened blue that’s tinted with purple. It has opaque color coverage, and obviously, it’s not a shade that you’ll see most brands come out with. If you have to ask why blue lips, then this product is likely not for you. Makeup has its roots in artistry, and for some, it is exactly that. Surely, it’s not an everyday color for most of us, but for artists and those who like to mix and layer their products, it’s a shade welcomed with open arms.

It wears like a champ, as Lip Tars tend to do, and even the lightness in color doesn’t limit the wear. I wore this shade for six hours with minimal fading. It’s lightweight and comfortable to wear with a soft shine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Butch 1.jpg (68.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Butch 2.jpg (166.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Butch 3.jpg (174.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by tigerrouge; 13-08-2011 at 05:02 PM.
21-08-2011
front row

Holy... Um... I guess you can add this to the rather long list of unusual makeup things that I don't understand.

Last edited by Vega Magnus; 21-08-2011 at 10:39 PM.
23-08-2011
don't look down

Scrangie has a fine collection of blue lipglosses, but as she points out, most of them are sheer enough not to frighten anyone, and they work to make your teeth look whiter (scrangie.com):
Quote:
Left to right: Milani 3D Glitzy Gloss in Movie Star, MAC Dazzleglass in Comet Blue, MAC Blue Memory, MAC Greenhouse, Lancôme Juicy Tubes in Dreamworld, Philosophy Snow Kiss, Maybelline Fruity Jelly in Blueberry Burst, Cover Girl Wet Slicks AmazeMint in Happy Hour, Too Faced Sparkler Glamour Gloss in Sapphire Spark, Simply Sweet Flavored Lipgloss blue/purple swirl (no name), Lancôme Juicy Tubes in Caribe, Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk in Blueberry Shimmer.

Most of the blue glosses follow the same theme. They're either duochrome/glass fleck/crazy iridescent sparkle or clear gloss with a blue tint and/or slight shimmer.

windowshopping

Does any one have an idea which lipstick is it ? thx

front row

I recently had a shooting which happened to include blue lipstick, I'll post the photo tomorrow, but this gorgeous blue shade was used in it, and it's from the Make up for Ever flash palette

It has an amazing matte texture on the skin !

photo source: temptalia.com

V.I.P.

^These shades look amazing. Can't wait to see your photo.
I love all the funny colored lipstick colors we've been seeing on the runway the past 2 or 3 seasons. I recently got a blue lipstick with a bit of a lilac tint, unfortunately I didn't like it that much on myself (I have purple hair, pale skin, brown eyes, lol).

12-12-2011
front row

Psylocke, here's the photo like I promised
Model and make-up = this girl
from what I've noticed while she was doing her make up, the color pots had a really thick & creamy consistency, they're basically supposed to be more like eyeshadows, but I think this blue one looks just as cool as a lipstick. I would definitely recommend purchasing it
Lashes are by Paperself

source: personal archive

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blue, lipstick