How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-11-2009
In Bloom

^It might very well be a waste of money, Bobbi Brown is super expensive

we were in love

25-11-2009
scenester

I love the gel eyeliners

17-12-2009
windowshopping

People always say the stick foundation never lasts on them, wears off after a few hours, doesn't give them suitable coverage, but to be honest I could not live without it.

Trust me when I say i've tried nearly every foundation under the sun. Creams, mineral, liquid, mousse, blah blah... from the high end to the cheap drug store brand none ever really impressed me or gave me a 'finished' look.

I went to the Bobbi Brown make up counter at my local mall, picked up one of the stick foundations in the shade alabaster (i'm like a vampire it's horrid). I am *so* in love with it. I've been using it for about 7-8 months. It's funny to describe the coverage. I don't really find that it leaves my skin very matte or dewy. It looks like i'm not even wearing foundation, yet completely evens out my skin tone and conceals minor blemishes.

I do have combination skin, more on the oily side due to our weather conditions i'm sure, ugh humidity... over all I just can't say enough about this foundation.

Now I haven't tried any of her other products (yet!) , but man... she's made me a happy girl so far.

17-12-2009
front row

Bobbi's corrector does nothing for me, i don't have huge dark area's under my eyes. I only bought it as a refreshment for my , light, under eye cirkels. But it's does nothing! no correcting the darkness, nothing.....very disaponted.

17-12-2009
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominiqueQ View Post
Bobbi's corrector does nothing for me, i don't have huge dark area's under my eyes. I only bought it as a refreshment for my , light, under eye cirkels. But it's does nothing! no correcting the darkness, nothing.....very disaponted.
That is because you are not using it correctly If you only have slightly dark circles, then you only need concealer. You need to put a yellow-based concealer on top of the corrector because the corrector doesn't cover anything. It only cancels out the blue and purple, meaning the under eye area is still darker than the rest of your face The product itself is brilliant, but I can see why you'd be disappointed when someone clearly has given you the wrong information

we were in love

09-01-2010
backstage pass

I love love love the gel eyeliner.
I have it in black & use a thin paintbrush to apply cat's eye on my upper eyelid.
This has performed better than: MAC, L'Oreal HiP, Smashbox, Benefit, Urban Decay and a bunch of others.

rising star

i went to a bobbi brown counter the other day in need of something to fill in my eyebrows. because i have dark hair but sparse eyebrows, the lady at the counter suggested a light brown eyeshadow which i bought, except now i've got home and tried it a few times, it's coming out reddish and just not looking right. do you think if i go back and explain the situation they will be able to exchange it for a more suitable colour?

front row

Bobbi Brown's lip balm is the best!! Doesn't leave an annoying shine, is waxy enough to stick around for hours and smells gorgeous AND subtle!!

10-01-2010
backstage pass

Love Bobbi Brown lip-glosses!! Interested in trying Creamy Concealer cause of all the fuss.
I have the Oil Free Foundation which I like as the smell and shade are gorgeous, but I wouldn't wear it every day as its very thick.

What does anyone think of the No Smudge Mascara?

10-01-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by carysss View Post
i went to a bobbi brown counter the other day in need of something to fill in my eyebrows. because i have dark hair but sparse eyebrows, the lady at the counter suggested a light brown eyeshadow which i bought, except now i've got home and tried it a few times, it's coming out reddish and just not looking right. do you think if i go back and explain the situation they will be able to exchange it for a more suitable colour?
Yes, you should take it back and exchange it for the right item. How disappointing. This policy is stated on the Bobbi Brown website in the Customer Service section so there should not be a problem. We pay a lot for quality cosmetics and the companies want to have satisfied customers. Good luck.

11-01-2010
fashion elite

I've been contemplating getting the gel eyeliner but after reading these reviews I think thats the first thing I may get after payday as I've been looking for a good gel liner for a while now!

rising star

oh, i am so in love with their moisturizing creme foundation! i am using 2.5 warm sand and it just blend blend blend into my skin. it's not making it matte, but it evens it out, just like good skin, KWIM? wow!!!!!!! it's the first for me. and i live where the humidity is crazy (85%+) and it doesnt make me oily. wow.....

i also have some of her palette, and love it coz it looks so natural yet pulled together.

18-01-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne38 View Post
Yes, you should take it back and exchange it for the right item. How disappointing. This policy is stated on the Bobbi Brown website in the Customer Service section so there should not be a problem. We pay a lot for quality cosmetics and the companies want to have satisfied customers. Good luck.
thank you!

trendsetter

is the pink quatz shimmering brick a limited edition or it already replace the old pink shimmer brick which i cannot find on the website?

V.I.P.

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation has surpassed Armani LSF as my favorite foundation. It is lighter coverage, but it's just so unbelievably natural.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bobbi, brown, makeup