How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-06-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
That is because you are not using it correctly If you only have slightly dark circles, then you only need concealer. You need to put a yellow-based concealer on top of the corrector because the corrector doesn't cover anything. It only cancels out the blue and purple, meaning the under eye area is still darker than the rest of your face The product itself is brilliant, but I can see why you'd be disappointed when someone clearly has given you the wrong information
I have the concealer, it's a nice product, but I have the feeling it doesn't cover my dark circles very good. I have the one in porcelaine. Should I use the concealer with the corrector? I'm a little bit confused.

29-06-2010
fashion elite

last year i use the "oil free even finish foundation" but now i want to try "natrual finish long lasting foundation"... i've got oily/mixed skin - more oily... is the natural finish foundation right for my skin??

thank you

29-06-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Me View Post
I have the concealer, it's a nice product, but I have the feeling it doesn't cover my dark circles very good. I have the one in porcelaine. Should I use the concealer with the corrector? I'm a little bit confused.
I'll post a mini tutorial soon...with before and after pictures

we were in love

30-06-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Me View Post
Quote:
If you only have slightly dark circles, then you only need concealer. You need to put a yellow-based concealer on top of the corrector because the corrector doesn't cover anything. It only cancels out the blue and purple, meaning the under eye area is still darker than the rest of your face

1. My horrible dark circles. I prepped with Clarins Eye Contour Gel, takes away some of the puffiness. Notice how purple my dark circles and inner corners are.
2. I apply the corrector ONLY where it's needed - where the purple colour stands out the most. There's no point in applying it all over my under-eye area. The less product you use, the better. You're gonna blend it out anyway.
3. Lightly blend the corrector into your skin. You can either use your pinky finger () to gently press the product into your skin or use your concealer brush of choice to tap/buff the product into your skin. Notice how the purple colour is gone, but I'm still slightly dark under the eyes.
4. Apply a small amount of concealer where you're still slightly dark and pat it into the corrector. I basically apply the concealer where I applied the corrector. Very important: Set with powder using a fluffy blush! The powder that comes with the concealer is really good IMO. Lightly dab the powder, we don't want to mess up the product we just spent 5 mins applying...

It seems like a lot of work, but it really isn't. As soon as you get the hang of it, it takes no time at all

we were in love

30-06-2010
backstage pass

thanks so much, Ida!
you dark circles look excatly like mine..well, mine are a little bit more purple
I've to buy this corrector.

In Bloom

^That was in a good day, plus good lightening...trust me, they're much worse The corrector will save your life, I swear

we were in love

10-09-2010
V.I.P.

Do they sell BB in Denmark?

fashion insider

I've never had much luck with her foundations/powders as they all turn orange on me
but I do adore her matte brown Espresso eyeshadow for lining (far right).
You get the intensity of black without the obvious harshness or flat ashiness of grey.

makeupandbeautyblog.com

13-09-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
Do they sell BB in Denmark?
Yep! In Magasin in Århus & Cph

we were in love

14-09-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yep! In Magasin in Århus & Cph
Thanks for the info The_Ida They don't sell BB where I live now

scenester

Hi guys! I am absolutely in love with Bobbi Brown's products, from the minimalistic packaging to the overall quality, they are just fantastic. My first BB item was her Pot Rouge in Powder Pink #6 and it is still the most amazing cream blush I've ever encountered. Highly pigmented and superbly blendable. It melts into skin to give you that lit-from-within glow.

I recently picked up her Stick Foundation in Sand 2 (I'm a NC20 for reference) and again, it's love! Great coverage for all manner of sins, yet somehow it doesn't look like you're wearing foundation at all. I do have oily skin though, so the stick foundation doesn't last on me for as long as I would like. So yesterday I went online shopping and got her Oil-Free Compact Foundation as well. Has anyone here had experience with it? Or other recommendations to make? Hehe

27-11-2010
V.I.P.

I haven't tried it out myself but I've heard it's really good for oily skin.

V.I.P.

^^why don't you try to set it on top with powder? she makes a pale yellow one in both pressed and loose form that perfectly sets makeup for oily and pale skin!
I've heard good things about her new one the ''natural finish long lasting foundation'' but if you are talking about this:
http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/t...CT_ID=PROD1226
it's a big no no for me. My skin is very oily and the foundation was very sticky without covering much even though it provides a heavy looking appearance. It's really a mess applying it and it needs a heavy powder (I used a powder foundation to be exact, MAC's Studio Fix to provide extra coverage) to cover and stay matte. Such a waste of money for me. I bought it 2 years ago and it still sits in my drawer half full
But to be fair oily skin needs a powder on top no matter how matte the liquid foundation claims to be. I even use powder to set the famously matte and super long lasting Estee Lauder Double Wear because that too gets a bit oily on its own after 3-4 hours.

Last edited by melfreya; 27-11-2010 at 08:25 PM.
28-11-2010
In Bloom

Stay away from powder foundations, no matter how oily you think your skin is...that crap does not look good on ANYONE! Use a finely milled loose powder instead, it keeps you oil-free longer.

we were in love

29-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Stay away from powder foundations, no matter how oily you think your skin is...that crap does not look good on ANYONE! Use a finely milled loose powder instead, it keeps you oil-free longer.
I agree, at least I've experienced that if you put powder foundation on "wet" skin you get a very cakey look

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bobbi, brown, makeup