How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-12-2007
V.I.P.

^ I got the Strawberry Body Polish as a gift and I can't wait to use it (I've not finished my current one...).

I bought a whole load of Christmas pressies at the Body Shop .... most of which were tubs of body butter. I LOVE the holiday special in Rich Plum ... it smells delectable, much nicer than the Cranberry one. And the pretty packaging is a definite plus!

19-12-2007
tfs star

I'm going to the Body Shop tomorrow and I need some suggestions.
What are the must haves?

20-12-2007
In Bloom

^Their body polish and their lip balm!

we were in love

20-12-2007
tfs star

coconut body butter!

20-12-2007
tfs star

I already have Raspberry Born Lippy balm.
We were late so I bought just Papaya Bath&Shower gel and Mango Body Butter.

21-12-2007
trendsetter

Does anyone know if their nailpolishes is any good?

05-04-2009
front row

i love their lip butters. i have the new yes yes yes tantalising one and its really fruity.

do any guys here use their shaving cream? is it good?

28-04-2009
backstage pass

I had Satsuma Born Lippy balm..ahh so lovely..Whenever I put it on my lips,everybody's saying wth smells so good..LOL thats me. also I love Tea Tree Oil stuff.Also cranberry stuff is sooooo perfect for winter

29-04-2009
backstage pass

I love the vanilla body mist spray, gorgeous <3

rising star

i love the vitamin c skin serum, and also the strawberry body butter smells like heaven! i'm not a huge fan of the makeup though, i think most of it's pretty rubbish. Although their makeup brushes are really really good! i used to be a bodyshop consultant so i know their products pretty well if anyone has any questions or wants any reviews

29-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGrace View Post
i used to be a bodyshop consultant so i know their products pretty well if anyone has any questions or wants any reviews
i have a quick question about their vitamin c micro refiner, is it any good?
i've seen good review on MUA but i'm just curious since it's a little bit pricey (well for me anyway )

29-04-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmoset View Post
i have a quick question about their vitamin c micro refiner, is it any good?
i've seen good review on MUA but i'm just curious since it's a little bit pricey (well for me anyway )
i think it depends what skin type you have - although it says it's suitable for all skin types, i find a few things from the vitamin C range to be a bit harsh for my skin, which is very dry and a little bit sensitive. The microrefiner was nice if i only used it on my t-zone, but made my cheeks a bit red and sore. But one of my friends, who has normal/oily skin experienced great results with it! Why don't you ask in store if you can take home a little sample pot of it to try out and see if it works? at least in the larger stores they should be happy to give you a sample to take home!

29-04-2009
backstage pass

thanks!
i've got combination skin, but i'll ask for a sample anyway and see how it goes.

30-04-2009
front row

I love the vitamin c products
I find that The Body Shop are pretty much the only products that don't break me out, or dry my skin out. Every time I stray and try something else I really regret it like a week later I just wish that they had higher spf products. Apparently they used to carry sunscreen, they should bring it back at least for the summer months.

amazingGrace: how are the blushes and the shimmer wave blushes?

02-05-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goregeous View Post

amazingGrace: how are the blushes and the shimmer wave blushes?
the shimmerwaves are GREAT, especially in Bronze - they are basically identical to my Bobbi Brown shimmer brick, except cheaper and the packaging is more crappy so it tends to fall apart a bit quicker (my sis bought one and it got crushed in her makeup bag and crumbled after only a week ) but if you take some extra care with the crappy plastic packaging, it really is a great product. You can use it as a blusher or bronzer by using all or some of the colors together, or use the colors individually as eyeshadows or highlighters - a really, really good product.

the blushes though....hmmm....how do i phrase this delicately; they might work on some people, but everyone seems to look a bit 'clownish' in them, even the paler shades. They tend to be a bit like the old powder blushes in the 80's, the really really dry powdery ones that just put WAY too much color on your cheeks! i'm not a fan to be honest (in case you can't tell!). A good cheek product from the Body Shop, though, is their Tinted Lip and Cheek Stain - it's pretty much identical to Benetint in terms of colour and staying power, but it's a.) much much cheaper and b.) i find personally the way it blends into your skin is much better than Benetint, it's less 'patchy' and gives a really cute, subtle and natural flush that you can build up by adding more coats.

Anyway that's a bit of a rambling answer but that's my verdict - hope it helps!

edit: another plus point for the Stain is that i think the applicator is superior to Benetint's nail-polish style brush - TBS stain has a spongey applicator similar to a lipgloss wand which disperses the product better on lips and cheeks xx

Last edited by amazingGrace; 02-05-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
body, shop