How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-11-2003
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by SoJess@Nov 16th, 2003 - 9:49 pm
Honey - think "Angelina Jolie" and go with pale nude pinks on lips and smoky eyes w/black and charcoal greys. You have a very rare combo (dark hair, light eyes) and you should work it!

PS - Please DO NOT do the Christina Aguilera thing and bronze your pale skin!
Thanks so much for the advice
I changed my usual routine, and swept on some light grey shadow, and lined my eyes with black, and smuged it, so that the line wasn't too harsh. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

And I doubt I could even bronze my skin. I only get a minimal tan during the summer. During the winter, I've made the mistake of using a tanning bed, and I just looked odd

I'm a pale girl with rosey cheeks, so I'm just going to deal with it

24-11-2003
rising star

Visine is a NO, NO, NO!!!!! It does make your eyes look whiter and clearer when you apply it but it has something really bad for eyes in the end and they will be very red...

Try Innoxa instead. they are some blue eye drops made of flower extracts. Kevyn aucoin loved this type of drops and they have the same effect as Visine but they are not bad for the eyes.

Sofia

05-04-2004
The mod squad

It seems that people that have blue and green eyes always can wear almost any colour (eye shadow) and it wud still look good.But i have brown eyes,not that dark,but not that light either,so i always ponder about what kinda eye shadows,eye liners i shud wear to open up my eyes?
Black eye liner tend to make them look so small!

Any suggestions ?

backstage pass

Peach and salmon tend to be a good choices for brown eyes

05-04-2004
rising star

i have brown eyes and i often wear brown eyeliner top and bottom, without shadow. i think it actually makes my eyes look bigger even though that might seem counterintuitive. i also think green and pearly, opalescent white can go well with brown eyes.

05-04-2004
fashion insider

I think there are a lot of colors that brown eyes can wear and look good.

05-04-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I have dark eyes that are sometimes brown and sometimes kind of olive green, and I favor grey and silver eyeshadow, dark grey eyeliner, and black mascara. I also wear shades of brown for eyeshadow.

I find that very light and very bright shadow colors look really nasty on most of us with dark eyes. Kind of creepy. A lot of girls in my neighborhood wear metallic silver eyeliner, which to me looks very disconcerting (and not in a good way) around dark eyes, and especially against a darker complexion. I know the Ganguro pulled it off a few years ago, but they had a total freaky look. For work or school, this does not do anybody a favor.

If your skintone looks good with purples or mauves, brown eyes look awesome done up in the purple-smoky fashion (think of Catherine Zeta Jones). I look disgusting in purple, so I can't follow this trend, but I approximate it with greys. I have a dark green and a khaki compact that I really like, too, and I use a bronze metallic eyeliner with that. When I do that, it tends to make the green tints in my weird hazel eyes show up more.

Rebaptising my badness

Greens and blues always look fantastic. Try to wear a darker shade with a lighter one to "open" the eyes a bit.

tgp
fashion elite

I love brown eyes! You can wear just about any color you like! What looks good will mostly depend on your skin tone, rather than your eye color. Black liner might not always be the best choice, but any other color liner could work. You can do a momocramatic look using your shadow color to line the eyes with a fine brush-that is always pretty. Experiment with colors to find what fits your coloring best, or go to a counter for help.

06-04-2004
fashion insider

I have brown eyes and I usually wear dark grey or dark brown eyeliner.
or plum, depending on the eyeshadow.
as for colors of shadows, I think I can wear almost all the colors.
and I so agree with tgp, the color looks good or not, mostly depends on the skin tone.

06-04-2004
elementary.

Quote:
Originally posted by tgp@Apr 5th, 2004 - 11:13 pm
I love brown eyes! You can wear just about any color you like! What looks good will mostly depend on your skin tone, rather than your eye color.
so true. brown eyes are great! you can wear any colour aslong as you know how. contrary to what many people think green shadow is great w/brown eyes it really makes your eyes pop. it depends on what kind of look you're goin for bold & bright or subtle.
if you don't mind experimenting with a bright look then i <33 MAC's aquadisiac which is an aqua green . . . it looks amazing w/brown eyes, otherwise you can always go for more classic colours . . olive, sage, forest greens . . .
purple is another colour which is great for brown eyes, if you have a light complexion then go for lilacs and violets as darker purples such as plums/aubergines will make you look like you have a black eye. if you have olive skin then you can play around w/any purples . .
i wouldn't recommend silver unless you have cool toned skin . .
other colours which i use alot are bronzes, browns, darker blues, golds, greys, pinks . . . every colour under the sun. don't be afraid to experiment.
if you want some expert advice just visit your nearest makeup counter . . i'd recommend MAC . . . and ask them to give you some recs. they'd be happy to help ya.

hope that helps

Proponent of Plaid

Quote:
Originally posted by i_<3_chanel@Apr 6th, 2004 - 6:07 am
if you want some expert advice just visit your nearest makeup counter . . i'd recommend MAC . . . and ask them to give you some recs. they'd be happy to help ya.

Eeeek! Every time I have asked MAC salespeople for suggestions, I've walked out of the shop with a fistful of makeup-remover-soaked kleenexes, looking like Mimi off of Drew Carey. Too much of their stuff is way too far-out for regular wear, and I have yet to meet a MAC employee who doesn't view the human face as a blank canvas, awaiting a Picasso-like rebirth as conceptual art! I mean, yes, it is funny, as I like doing insane makeup sometimes for a laugh, but when you are actually looking for something specific, and you find yourself stranded in the ritzy shopping district looking like a colorblind drag queen...well, it stops being quite so much fun.

I have bought a few things from MAC before, but what I generally do is get cheapie eyeshadows, ect. from the drugstore and experiment with a color first. Most of these, like J.A.N.E. (which is owned by Estee Lauder) and Caboodles have perfectly good colors, but they don't last as long as MAC, which has more pigment in relation to the powder/oil base. So I experiment with cheapie colors, find something that is what I want, then try to find a very close match in a higher-quality brand.

I don't know what's with me and MAC employees. I guess they take a look at my oddball clothing and assume I want "funky" makeup, even though I prefer my makeup to be fairly subtle, since my clothes make enough of a commotion on their own.

elementary.

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It+Apr 6th, 2004 - 6:23 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(As You Like It @ Apr 6th, 2004 - 6:23 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-i_<3_chanel@Apr 6th, 2004 - 6:07 am

Too much of their stuff is way too far-out for regular wear, and I have yet to meet a MAC employee who doesn't view the human face as a blank canvas, awaiting a Picasso-like rebirth as conceptual art! [/b][/quote]
sure MAC MA's have a slightly more bold approach than others . . but in my opinion MAC's shadows are the most highly pigmented, easiest to blend & they have the widest range of colours & textures
they do know their stuff and will be able to help you aslong you make it really clear what you want . . never give them a free rein
i know there are other choices . . . lancome, chanel, stila but they're more expensive . .

backstage pass

I have brown eyes and I also have problems making black eyeliner look good on me. I think the trick is to apply it very thinly to the top lashline only and then blend it in with eyeshadow. I think that because girls with dark eyes also tend to have dark eyelashes, they don't need as much eyeliner.

06-04-2004
front row

I use a lot of blue.. but my fav is

Try this... it will make your eyes look so beautiful...

Gold on the lid...brown in the crease (make sure u blend)... and use blue eyeliner on the corners... a dark blue...put some jet black mascara..and thats it...

Oh yah..dont forget to define your eyebrows so everything looks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brown, eyes