How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2008
Adore You

i used to love brown eyeshadows but now i hate it! i gave away my MAC Mulch and Romp shadows to my sister. but she realized she doesnt like brown on brown either...my sisters seem to like greys, blues, and greens.

Urban Decay Wallpaper

my faves. i love purples & pinks with my skin. its colorful but not distracting, i think it adds more to my features instead of competing.
* Shotgun - pink
* Last Call - burgundyish purple
* Asphyxia - lavendar

i wear this occasionally
* Shattered - blue green

ive been looking for a good shimmery neutral...neutral shadow for brown eyes but not too peachy(i have a naturally peachy eyelids but i dont like how peachy eyeshadows in pictures)..or too gold..or too white shimmery. yeah pretty much narrowed down to nothing ahhh!

i want to give black eyeliner another try but i like a bit of shimmer. my sister wears MAC Smolder but it doesnt seem to have as much shimmer as Teddy(my brown liner).

Sephora

01-01-2009
V.I.P.

kissablekae: why do you hate brown eyeshadow?

01-01-2009
Adore You

something about brown eyeshadow that im not attracted to anymore. like i would see people with brown e/s in pictures and want to do that the next time i go out. now im like been there...done that. these days even when i try it i just think it looks muddy on me. it doesnt bring out my features the way other colors seem to. even with shimmer...itll be shimmery when i leave the house but itll be less shimmer after a few hours then i think it looks awfully flat on my eyes. im not into brown enough to go buy/try more than i already have. on the days i wear eyeshadow, ive been wearing a sheer swipe of Urban Decay Shotgun(cool medium pink) a lot lately

but i love brown eyeliner. i havent tried very many though. and in general i can be pretty picky because im usually looking for specific things. i love MAC Teddy, its shimmery dark eyed bronze*(dark brown) liner. ive tried CHANEL eyeliner in one of their lighter brown colors, i dont mind lightness but it had a bit of red in it and no shimmer. i think the shimmer is key because eyeliner is so subtle till you get close up.

Last edited by kissablekae; 01-01-2009 at 05:28 PM.
01-01-2009
V.I.P.

ah ok^^ You're Asian looking too right? Almost all my Asian friends were brown eyeshadow...and that's about it..I like it, but not all the time^^

01-01-2009
Adore You

yes im Asian.

i have a lot of Asian friends who love the brown eyeshadow too. i think generally brown is considered a good neutral thats why people love it so much. but for me if i wanted neutral i just go without eyeshadow! or until i find a neutral e/s i like but im not to anxious to get one. no eyeshadow works fine for me.

02-01-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
yes im Asian.

i have a lot of Asian friends who love the brown eyeshadow too. i think generally brown is considered a good neutral thats why people love it so much. but for me if i wanted neutral i just go without eyeshadow! or until i find a neutral e/s i like but im not to anxious to get one. no eyeshadow works fine for me.
Kissablekae, try Nars duo eyeshadow in bellisimi its a duo eyeshadow one is dark charcoal, but when you put it on your eyelid it gives you a very very neutral grey, it compliments your eye colours...i loved it...i wanted something thats neutral but at the same time complimented my skintone and eye colour( which is dark brown) , and i love the other shade with it , which is a begie shimmer sorta thing , you can put on ur eyebrows bone...sorta like a highlighter...amazing...

front row

Agree about the brown e/s. I have large, dark almost black eyes and brown hues just muddy my features. I tend to go with lighter cream shades, sometimes black, always matte and always w/ brown mascara.

I don't use eyeliner, I like to keep things simple/natural and I also just haven't found a brand I like

03-01-2009
Adore You

thank you Dulcisima! i will check that out next time i hit up Sephora. i have been thinking about more grey but since my sisters wear so much i dont wanna wear...yeah i dont like looking like other people im close too. its like dude, get your own look! i mean ill still wear it regardless its just i wouldnt get into too much cuz i see it on them all the time. the beige shimmer sounds pretty as well

something about Teddy liner that brings out the brown in my eyes, its lovely

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

I wear purple and gold loads of times^^ But I really want to experience with more colors^^

06-01-2009
Adore You

my sister just ordered the Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette for me eee! im def going to be playing with more colors. ive wanted MAC Deep Truth for a while, hopefully this palette has a dupe of that. my sister said she has to use Urban Decay's Primer Potion so her shadows will be more vibrant on her and that she cant get it to show as much as it shows on me...im like "girl its cuz im pale as f**k! everything shows on me like this "

12-01-2009
fashion elite

kissablekae...i use Pruenelle Kohl from Mac on my lower eye rim and Smolder Kohl on my upper lid, i trace it inside not outside the lid...it gives a strong defintion and brings out my eye colour....i've been addicted to Purenelle since four years ago when i read in Instyle magazine that Eva Mendez uses it...
I've also used the Bellisimi eyeshadow duo i told you about and it works fabolous...i noticed that purples do compliment brown eyes...

btw i just ordered the teddy kohl u mentioned, thought i might as well try it out...but i love purenelle.

Adore You

thank you Dulcisima! i have been looking for a nice purple liner for a while but couldnt pick one! ill definitely check that out and im for sure getting Smolder eye kohl because its been on & off my wish list for a while. i also wanna check out Blooz which is an intense blue with blue shimmer. i hope you like Teddy kohl, i think its especially pretty on lower eyes cuz it really catches the light even in pictures.

this is my Key Lime look for brown & Asian eyes(reposting in there too!)

channeling Lady Gaga with one eye covered

* Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette : light lime green on inner half & tear
- small eyeshadow brush

* Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette : medium lime green on outer half
- small eyeshadow brush

* Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette : pale gold nude on brow bone sparingly
- large fluffy eyeshadow brush

* Maybelline Ultra Liner waterproof liquid in Black on top and bottom

* Shiseido Eye Lash Curler

* Maybelline Lash Stylist waterproof mascara in Very Black

my camera didnt pick up the two different greens very well but it wasnt super contrasted shades, they blended well together obviously the light green was more pearly and medium green more vibrant.

all pictures of of me and by me

Last edited by kissablekae; 12-01-2009 at 06:14 AM.
12-01-2009
tfs star

Wow, I love it.

13-01-2009
Adore You

thank you aadina! <- i made sure to give you a smiley face then i saw that your location is a smiley face as well!

13-01-2009
fashion elite

Kisseable, i've been experminenting quite alot with eyeshadows but not bold colours like the one you posted..i dont think i can wear them, its just not "me" . However, it does look stunning on you.
Nars has this new eyeshadow colour out, i think its limited edition its called Grendinne or something like that its dark pinkish/purple, i just placed an order for that, and i think browns, taupes and mauves are great compliments to brown eyes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brown, eyes