How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2005
front row

Dying my hair
For some time ago, I dyed my light blonde hair brown/red.
I now want to dye it blonde again.
The brown colour is almost completely gone, it's about 4-5 cm left.
I haven't dyed it back yet because my hairdresser said earlier that it could burn my hair, and damage it.
But that was a long time ago, and I was wondering if it is possible to dye it now without being micoloured.

17-03-2005
front row

hmm, im only going from experience but when i dyed my hair from a dark aurburn (sounds the same colour as your saying) back to blonde it went quite orange, but that was when all my hair was still aurburn so i dont know how it would effect yours. It didn't ruin my hair, no hair falling out or anything! But i guess it depends on what you do with your hair?

front row

Well, my hair is almost all my original haircolour now, exepct from those 5 cm. and im afraid the colour that is left will have an effect if i dyed it blonde, since the hairdresser didn't wanna dye it when it was all new-dyed

17-03-2005
front row

Oh i understand you more now, as in the lower half being a different colour to the rest? Its more then likely that would happen, i take it cutting the last bit off is not an option?

front row

No, my hair would be too short I think i'd rather wait for a couple of weeks, my hair grows really fast

17-03-2005
front row

Yeah if its quick growing just be patient, im really impatient thats my problem!lol.Just i dont think you should dye it as it would come out two different colours, unless of course thats the look you were going for?!

front row

No, thats why i'll wait. I dont want the colour i really want on top, and the bottom yellow

07-08-2005
front row

Brunette to Blonde
Hey for about three years i've been dying my hair very dark brown, but now i've decided to go back to my natural colour which is a medium blonde. Also my hair is long and i really don't want to have to cut it all off!

Does any one know a good way for me to grow out my hair without looking like some strange two tone thing?! Or any ways in which to make the process of my hair growth quicker?

I'm a little reluctant to be bleaching it blonde as my hair is quite badly damaged already, is there any products that could be recommended to me too keep it in good condition if i was to have to turn to bleach?

I'll be grateful for any suggestions, thanks!

front row

Ok, I have never been in your situation so I might not be the best person to give you advice but I have to say massive roots (ie: people growing out their natural hair color) looks AWFUL. Even with my friends, I could not get used to to seeing great big roots, it's just so painfully obvious. I know that your hair may be in poor condition know but really, you're going to be cutting off the brown hair anyways once your hair is grown out so bleaching it isn't really that bad in the long run. Are you really attached to your long hair? Lots of people cut off their long locks and realize how wonderful they look with shorter hair that frames their face. If you were to bleach it and find that there is just way to much damage, you could get a blunt cut to allow more of the regrowth to show. Anyways, if you do bleach it and you want to keep it in as good condition as possible, I'd recommend staying away from all hair straighteners, blow dryers and curling irons. You don't need any more damage. As far as conditioners go, I know people rave about this one called Mane and Tail (it was originally for horses) and I've seen it at pharmacies and some grocery stores and I believe you could order it on the internet if you wanted to. There are so many conditioners out there that it really is just a matter of trial and error. Try to stay away from anyones that can often cause build up which personally I seem to get from most of the drugstore brands. Look for one that says removes buildup. I hope you find a solution for your hair and have fun

10-08-2005
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reseneace
Hey for about three years i've been dying my hair very dark brown, but now i've decided to go back to my natural colour which is a medium blonde. Also my hair is long and i really don't want to have to cut it all off!

Does any one know a good way for me to grow out my hair without looking like some strange two tone thing?! Or any ways in which to make the process of my hair growth quicker?

I'm a little reluctant to be bleaching it blonde as my hair is quite badly damaged already, is there any products that could be recommended to me too keep it in good condition if i was to have to turn to bleach?

I'll be grateful for any suggestions, thanks!
How about getting lots of thin highlights in several shades of blonde?

~Madeleine Albright
10-08-2005
front row

Hey, thanks to both of you for your replys!

They were both very useful and i've decided for the meantime whilst i have minimal roots to use the high lighting idea and then for when my roots grow too obvious to go for bleaching it out!

If the hair damage is too much i will just cut it off, but i guess you're right in saying it will look worse with such bad roots then just going with a shorter cut for awhile!

I'm also going to look out for that mane and tail conditioner as i recall once hearing about it before also!

Thanks again for the advice!

rising star

I want to be BLONDE
Hi!
I have a dream:
I want to be blonde
but everybody say that's impossible ,
and i say: why?
I wish have a answer from experts
My personal pics
for good decision

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sonno.jpg (16.4 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg oewcchini.jpg (34.8 KB, 344 views)

04-09-2005
fashion icon

Ok, it's not impossible, it's very much possible, BUT:

First of all you may not look good with blonde hair since your natural haircolour is very dark (just a logical guess). But that's up to you. If you go for blond, you have to change your eyebrow colour as well so it looks as natural as possible.

Second of all and MOST IMPORTANT:
Since your hair are very dark you have to bleach them. That means you have to do decapage. What is decapage? Very strong chemicals that make your hair almost white so they are ready for any colour imaginable. That's VERY VERY STRONG and it DAMAGES your hair VERY much.
It's possible, loads of woman do it, but it still damages your hair.

My personal opinion: If you want to do it anyway go to the BEST hair salon you can find , so that they will be extra-careful with you. After that use masks and silicone.
And i would also suggest to go for a dark honey-blonde, to see if it looks good on you, and then you can make it ever blonder. Or blond highlights...

Hope i helped

rising star

you make clear my ideas .
A last question
I thought can of change my haircolor like Avril Lavigne,
it isn't blond blond but it's a good start.
That's is ok?

*EDIT* Please credit all pictures

Last edited by Hipkitten; 05-09-2005 at 10:46 AM.
04-09-2005
Diamond

I agree with FashionJunkie: Yes. It can be done. And yes, it could really fry your hair.

I used to color my hair a lot. There have been several times that I've gone from black to "natural" blonde. Each time my stylist had to do it in stages - one night I even went home with orange hair and returned the next morning to complete the process. But I think if they can make my dyed black hair blonde again, they can give you a natural blonde. I would suggest getting conditioning treatments after it's completed though

~Madeleine Albright
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blonde, brunette