How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2011
fashion insider

Thank you so much for all the answers .
M.A.C Snob - I have had this lipstick. I think it is a pretty lipstick but it wasn't this baby and/or bubblegum pink that I wanted.
M.A.C Saint Germain - I think this is a gorgeous lipstick. I adore this. Very Barbie pink/bubblegum pink.
M.A.C Lovelorn, Angel and Sweetie - Really wanna try these ones.
Chanel Creme Lipstick Paparazzi Pink - Wanna try this one too.

17-03-2011
V.I.P.

^I agree I don't think MAC snob is bubblegum pink also I found it very drying

rising star

MAC Chatterbox comes out as a bubblegum pink on me, and it is quite creamy.

25-03-2011
scenester

Cargo's Eve Pinky looks very bubblegum

13-08-2011
don't look down

Some strong pinks in this collection (temptalia.com):

Quote:
OCC Lip Tars ($13.00 for 0.27 fl. oz.) see the addition of six new shades with the Pretty Boy Collection on September 6th.
  • Femme is a softened, pastel pink with subtle blue undertones. The color coverage is opaque. It’s similar but a touch pinker than MAC Azalea Blossom, bluer than MAC Overtime, pinker than MAC All Styled Up, similar in hue but lighter than YSL Fetish Pink, and a tad lighter than MAC Viva Glam Gaga I.
  • Narcissus is a medium, fuchsia-lavender with a subtle sheen. It delivers opaque color coverage. It is lighter and pinker than MAC Love Forever, very similar to MAC Asian Flower, and lighter but similar in color to MAC Petals & Peacocks.
Femme is one of the nicer pastel pinks I’ve seen on me, which is due, in part, to the opacity as well as the subtle blue-base–so if you’re warm-toned and have always wanted a pastel pink, this one might work better for you than many of the alternatives. There are some similarities with MAC’s recently released Sheen Supreme lipsticks (Azalea Blossom and Asian Flower), but I think OCC does them better–the texture and formula are more flattering to the lips and give them a more even appearance.

Lip Tars are very creamy; they’re very much a liquid lipstick, and as such, they’re extremely rich in pigment. As stated earlier, you only need a tiny dab for total coverage. They can be mixed with other Lip Tars for your own custom combination (which is how the Lip Tars were initially, but now they have many shades that are great as-is). The richness in color makes these long-wearing, too–I usually get six hours, sometimes as long as eight.

They are mint-scented (from the inclusion of peppermint oil), and I don’t find them drying, but if I wear one color for eight hours, I do need to pat on some lip balm, because I don’t find these very moisturizing on their own. I don’t have issues with these bleeding, but it will happen if you apply a thicker layer, so you may want to wear a lip liner with some of the darker shades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Femme 1.jpg (64.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Femme 2.jpg (186.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Femme 3.jpg (118.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Narcissus 1.jpg (80.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Narcissus 2.jpg (256.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Narcissus 3.jpg (140.1 KB, 1 views)

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Some strong pinks in this collection (temptalia.com):
I can't wait to try them!

21-08-2011
front row

I'm shocked. It's an unusual lipstick color that doesn't totally repulse me.

don't look down

And when you find the right pink to suit your colouring, you'll get many hours of pleasurable wear out of it and probably attract many comments.

scenester

mac "saint germain" or NARS "roman holiday" are my favourites!

02-09-2011
trendsetter

I think MAC's Speak Louder is a great Pink. I would describe it as bubblegum pink but its less bright than the colors in the attachment tigerrouge posted

09-09-2011
scenester

Has anyone tried any of the new OCC shades?

23-09-2011
fashion insider

Thanks so much for all the answers. I wanna try all of the ones you mention. The OCC Lip Tars in Femme and Narcissus look so so gorgeous! I want them really badly. I asked Eleven (Sweden's biggest web shop for beauty products) if they could start selling it. Hopefully they will.

I adore these lipsticks below:
Barry M Lip Paint Dolly Pink
Barry M Lip Paint Pink Sparkle
M.A.C Sheen Supreme Behave yourself
Rimmel Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick Pink Blush
FACE Stockholm Fantasy
YSL Pure Lipstick #49 Tropical Pink
M.A.C Pink Nouveau

Last edited by Platinum Blonde; 23-09-2011 at 10:49 AM.
18-04-2012
don't look down

Cheap and cheerful (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Milani Flashy Haute Flash Lipgloss ($7.49 for 0.18 fl. oz.) is described as a “hot pink with hot pink shimmer.” It’s a bright, vibrant, nearly-neon fuchsia pink with cool, blue undertones and a heavy dosage of lighter fuchsia shimmer. MAC Athena’s Kiss is a bit darker, not as neon. OCC Pageant isn’t as bright or as blue-based. The underlying base color is similar to MAC Quick Sizzle, which is a touch darker. The overall look is closer to MAC Pink Pigeon. MAC Show Orchid is a bit darker and more iridescent with less obvious shimmer.

Milani describes the formula as yielding full-color coverage with an extra glossy, non-tacky finish that won’t feather. It’s definitely rich in color–it’s opaque in one pass, and the finish is extremely shimmery and fairly glossy. The one characteristic I disagree on is the texture, because it’s incredibly sticky. It has a thicker consistency, so it’s not a lightweight formula, and the shimmer seemed to clump up in a few places. It feels very much like MAC Dare to Wear Lipglass, though. Swatched, it actually looks like it might be a potential dupe for Gimme That, but it’s very different–Gimme That is a rich fuchsia that goes on as more color and has less shimmer. Milani’s variation has much, much more shimmer. It also has a sweet vanilla scent.

Flashy wore for three and a half hours, and as it faded away, the texture of the shimmer was more noticeable on the lips, so it had a slightly gritty consistency after awhile. The coverage is fantastic, though, and to get this really bright, neon pink in an opaque gloss isn’t always easy.

fashion insider

It looks gorgeous! Thank you so much for posting it.

01-06-2012
don't look down

A light pink shade in a new product range from MAC (temptalia.com):

Quote:
MAC Lazy Sunday Casual Colour Lip & Cheek Colour ($20.00 for 0.43 fl. oz.) is described as a “baby pink.” It looks warmer in the pot, but it ended up looking rather pale, light, and just barely cool-toned. As a blush, this will brighten cheeks, but I think it will look best on lighter complexions–it looks too pale on my skin tone. MAC So Swee,t So Easy is very similar. MAC Full of Joy is more lilac. Make Up For Ever #13 is slightly bluer in undertone. As a lip color, it’s a pale, barely cool-toned pink with a subtle sheen. It does settle into lip lines a bit in a noticeable way, which is due to the overall light color. MAC Enchantee is a bit pinker. Guerlain Rose Innocent is sheerer. MAC Dress It Up is pinker. MAC Royal Azalea is just barely pinker. It’s paler than MAC Viva Glam Gaga.

The main takeaways are that as a blush, this yields a dewy finish that might be just the wrong side of dewy for some, but it may be the perfect recipe for those with drier skin; as a lip color, the finish is more like a satin matte, and it has a slightly clingy nature that works as a way to make the color lightweight and very natural-looking.

This shade will be best on light skin tones, because it may wash out medium to deep complexions. The pale color, combined with the subtle cool undertone may give an ashy look on the cheeks for darker skin tones. When I wore this yesterday to see whether it would wear well, it managed about six and a half hours.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bubblegum, lipsticks, pink, pink or baby