How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-06-2012
fashion insider

Thank you tigerrouge. It looks really beautiful.

03-02-2013
don't look down

From the MAC Archies Girls range (temptalia.com):

Quote:
MAC Girl Next Door Lipstick ($16.50 for 0.10 oz.) is described as a “vivid blue pink” with a Lustre finish. It’s a light-medium pink with blue undertones and white shimmer. Revlon Cupcake is pinker, not as white-based. MAC Love Long Distance is a darker pink with bluer undertones. MAC Annemiek is lighter, less pink. Chanel Candeur is a touch lighter. Guerlain Rose Innocent is also similar.

Being a Lustre finish, it is a sheerer shade; it yielded semi-sheer color payoff with a general translucency that enabled the natural lip color to come through. This lightened my natural lip color while boosting the natural pink tones. I don’t have great experiences with Lustres, because they tend to be less forgiving on lips when applied (they seem to emphasize lip texture) and they can be drying when worn. Girl Next Door applied decently and didn’t settle into lip lines, but it was a bit drying for the two and a half hours it lasted on my lips (the average non-long-wearing lipstick lasts around four hours on me). The consistency was a little thin, so it pulled a touch when I applied it.

04-06-2013
fashion insider

It looks really beautiful. What a shame it is limited edition. I bought two gorgeous Barbie pink lipsticks recently. It is L.A Colors Moisture Lipstick Pink Parfait and Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick Pink Pop. I can't describe with how gorgeous and perfect I think they are.

Last edited by Platinum Blonde; 04-06-2013 at 04:32 AM.
14-06-2013
don't look down

Another bold shade from the OCC Lip Tar range (temptalia.com):

Quote:
OCC Lovecraft Metallic Lip Tar ($18.00 for 0.33 fl. oz.) is described as an “iridescent pink/lilac metallic.” It’s a brightened, light-medium, blue-based pink with a metallic finish. Maybelline Pink Pop is warmer, not metallic. MAC Pink Nouveau is similar in color but doesn’t have a metallic finish. MAC Outrageously Fun is close in color but lacks the metallic finish. MAC Naughty Saute is lighter, not metallic. OCC Narcissus is similar in color but a matte finish. See comparison swatches.

Lovecraft is very, very, very metallic. As a result, it’s a little gritty, and it’s on the whole, somewhat drying, even if it wears well and lasts six and a half hours. It just wasn’t comfortable to wear, and the high metallic finish made it look chunky/gritty applied. It was quite pigmented, though, and maybe mixed with a little gloss, it would be easier on the lips, both in terms of application as well as for how it feels when worn.

22-06-2013
fashion insider

Thank you so much for the tip!

23-08-2013
don't look down

A limited edition lipgloss from L'Oreal (temptalia.com):

Quote:
L’Oreal Florid Pink Colour Riche Le Gloss ($7.99 for 0.40 fl. oz.) is a cool-toned, blue-based cotton candy pink with a creamy finish. It had semi-sheer color coverage, and it did settle slightly into lip lines. Edward Bess First Kiss is warmer. MAC Next Fad is warmer, more shimmery. MAC Saint Germain is cooler-toned, lighter. MAC Pink Nouveau is more opaque, slightly cooler-toned. MAC Petite Indulgence is lighter.

Colour Riche Le Gloss has a very smooth, jelly-like texture that is comfortable to wear and non-sticky. It is creamy, glossy, and the pigmentation seems to vary from shade to shade. They have a strong, sweet, burnt caramel scent but no discernible taste (it reminded me of the older Urban Decay Lipsticks). Florid Pink lasted two hours on me. The formula is moderately hydrating, so if you don’t mind reapplying often, you may still like the formula.

24-08-2013
fashion insider

Thank you it looks beautiful. What a shame that it is limited edition.

05-10-2013
don't look down

A pink from Chanel (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Radieuse (217) Rouge Allure Lipstick ($34.00 for 0.12 oz.) is described as a “blue pink.” It’s a light-medium, subtly cool-toned pink with a satin finish. This shade had semi-opaque color coverage, and the color wore well for four hours and was neither drying nor hydrating.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bubblegum, lipsticks, pink, pink or baby