How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-10-2005
The mod squad

^ I loved that foundation, problem was I never found the colour to suit my complexion

I know some countries in europe sell ' Isadora ' ( not too sure about other countries ).
Compared to the price, I think they offer good pigmented eyeshadows in a range of very nice colours

http://www.isadora.com/default.asp?g...00382514234411

13-10-2005
tfs star

IMO, the dream matte mousse was too "pinky" even the ones that was meant to be for "warm toned" skin. i have yellow-undertones, and Loreal's true match warm line blends in soooooo well.

13-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_butterfly
^ I loved that foundation, problem was I never found the colour to suit my complexion

I know some countries in europe sell ' Isadora ' ( not too sure about other countries ).
Compared to the price, I think they offer good pigmented eyeshadows in a range of very nice colours

http://www.isadora.com/default.asp?g...00382514234411
Isadora does have some really good colors that hold up well. I was in K-mart the other day and they had a stand with $1 make-up from some unknown brand, but not the type you find at the dollar store. None of the packages were wrapped, so most of them were tampered with in some way, but they had some of the best bright colors I've seen outside of a department store. I finally was able to find a good orange and red that didn't look bad at all.

As far as the dream matte mouse goes, I love it. The foundation matches my skin perfectly. I have pale skin with pink undertones, and some department store brands don't even have foundation that matches my skin and gives enough coverage. The blush is pretty good too. It has a bit of shimmer to it that looks great with the matteness of the foundation.

|/mirror queen\|

H&M and Zara also sell makeup

The colours are nice and have pigment, but it allways deppends on the result you want to achieve.
If you want some colour to be really strong itīs harder to achieve that with those 2 brands.

The Zara glosses are nice and v. similar to Juicy tubes, in texture, colour, flavour and the tube is really alike.

Then there are bronzers, blushes and lots of other things that are available in the stores for testing.

Anyway, Zaraīs makeup is superior in quality that the one in H&M, but with less variety.

front row

i don't like the isadora line. they're kind of expensive for drugstore makeup. a quad was like $11 or $12! and they were chalky.

ulta.com has it's own line, and i hear some of their things are nice.

13-10-2005
V.I.P.

I'm sorry when I said Isadora, I ment Milani.

backstage pass

I like Ulta and Sonia Kashuk is great too. Rimmel for nail polish and Zara and H& M are not a really godd choice bt some H&M eyeshadows are quite good (better than Zara in my opinion)

13-10-2005
V.I.P.

i didn't know hm and zara made cosmetics.....

14-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
i didn't know hm and zara made cosmetics.....
maybe they only sell it in Europe.
there's a H&M in Vienna with a floor full of lingerie, accessoires, cosmetic & brushes (I'm tryin the brushes at the moment, supposed to be good quality for the price).

14-10-2005
The mod squad

I've been using H&M's eyeliner for nearly 5 years now and I it.
So cheap and so easy to apply !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hm.jpg (5.6 KB, 3 views)

backstage pass

maybelline mousse BLUSH

V.I.P.

^^ GB, if only we had an H&M here.....

17-10-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
^^ GB, if only we had an H&M here.....
I know ! It sucks not having one in Mtl... I used to hate H&M, I thought it was cheap and I couldn't find anything cute. But now I've learned to spot the nice pieces - too bad I don't have a store next to my home anymore

17-10-2005
V.I.P.

tFS makes H&M sound SO exciting, but when I went there this summer in NYC, it was rather depressing..... I went to the one.... in the downtown area i think (the one near the Empire State Building)...... I had NEVER seen that much people in ONE store of my entire life.... It was so crowded and messy, couldn't find anything i liked.....

17-10-2005
|/mirror queen\|

Itīs very messy indeed!!!

I donīt like how the items are exposed, there are so many clothes inside the shop that you have to be in the right mood to have the patience to browse trough them!

Where i live, there is a smaller H&M shop that only sells women clothes, and it doensīt have the children, men, lingerie and bigger sizes sections, so itīs easier to find nice items there.

I can only find things i like when a shop is tidy and everything is in order! :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
budget, friendly, makeup