How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2010
In Bloom

WANT the lipstick she applied! This looks SO good, just the kinda makeup I wear

we were in love

01-07-2010
In Bloom

And the blush...so pretty!

we were in love

01-07-2010
little soul

Much more interested in the line now, good to hear that they haven't skimped on quality and this is exactly how I like my makeup. I love neutrals and look ridiculous overly-made up so this is perfect for me & I can't wait to see the entire colour range.

In Bloom

makeupandbeautyblog.com

The entire Burberry Beauty makeup collection includes…

Eyes
  • Burberry Beauty Sheer Eyeshadow Eye Enhancer ($29, available in 20 shades)
  • Burberry Beauty Eye Definer Eye Shaping Pencil ($27, available in five shades)
  • Effortless Mascara Volumizing Lash Enhancer ($28, available in Black)
Lips
  • Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick ($30, available in 21 shades)
  • Lip Glow Natural Lip Gloss ($27, available in 12 shades)
  • Lip Definer Lip Shaping Pencil ($27, available in six shades)
Cheeks
  • Burberry Beauty Light Glow Natural Blush, ($42, available in five shades)
  • Burberry Beauty Warm Glow Natural Bronzer ($48, available in four shades)
Face
  • Burberry Beauty Sheer Foundation ($52, available in nine shades)
  • Burberry Beauty Sheer Foundation Luminous Compact Foundation ($55, available in nine shades)
  • Burberry Beauty Sheer Powder Luminous Pressed Powder ($45, available in two shades)

we were in love

01-07-2010
In Bloom

Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick in Nude Beige

same source

we were in love

01-07-2010
rising star

More photos, I loved the design.

temptalia.com

02-07-2010
In Bloom

That mascara is BEAUTIFUL

we were in love

13-07-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
The makeup collection looks so wearable. I wonder how pricey everthing will be? Knowing Burberry, it will be quite a bit...
This is what Christine from temptalia had to say in her review for Burberry's cameo blush:

Quote:
Though the blush will cost you a pretty penny (but in line with other designer brands like Chanel and Dior), you get much more than the typical high-end brand provides–0.24 oz., which makes it as pricey (by the ounce) as Illamasqua and Smashbox (and significantly less expensive–by the ounce–as Dior and Chanel).
source: temptalia

I'm really excited for the blushes, the texture seems amazing!

Quote:
The texture is buttery and smooth, and it applies like a dream–like it melts onto the skin. I had no issues with wear–I wore it for eight hours with no noticeable fading.
same source

17-07-2010
V.I.P.

The mascara is beautiful indeed. But well, the collection is not available in my country, so I can only look and dream...

18-07-2010
V.I.P.

puretrend.com

Meg
inspired contemplation

^
I was just thinking that! The style that Burberry uses for their Prorsum advertising doesn't work to sell makeup in my opinion and I'm not convinced there is room in the market for what Burberry is currently advertising. The colors are very muted and quite beige and old looking to me, which a. isn't flattering on a lot of tones and b. why would I pay Burberry for pale colors when I can go to my drugstore and get them for a lot less? Or just root around in my mum's old makeup?

The designer makeup brands that have been the most successful have done so because of the product they offer - or at least their advertising has conveyed innovation or greatness in product. Of course, Chanel/Dior/Armani advertising has impact because of its name and pretty looking colors but in such a saturated market, I think having a well developed product is equally important. I feel like Burberry, at this point at least, is over relying on brand name and packaging instead of product because there is nothing interesting or compelling that they have put out. At Bailey said, it was about rounding out the brand, not putting something new into the makeup market.

19-07-2010
V.I.P.

I want it all.

I love the mascara, lipsticks, and the blush!!

20-07-2010
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
^
I was just thinking that! The style that Burberry uses for their Prorsum advertising doesn't work to sell makeup in my opinion and I'm not convinced there is room in the market for what Burberry is currently advertising. The colors are very muted and quite beige and old looking to me, which a. isn't flattering on a lot of tones and b. why would I pay Burberry for pale colors when I can go to my drugstore and get them for a lot less? Or just root around in my mum's old makeup?

The designer makeup brands that have been the most successful have done so because of the product they offer - or at least their advertising has conveyed innovation or greatness in product. Of course, Chanel/Dior/Armani advertising has impact because of its name and pretty looking colors but in such a saturated market, I think having a well developed product is equally important. I feel like Burberry, at this point at least, is over relying on brand name and packaging instead of product because there is nothing interesting or compelling that they have put out. At Bailey said, it was about rounding out the brand, not putting something new into the makeup market.

I agree, I think the Burberry line looks interesting (great packaging design) but they aren't offering anything substantially new. You can get neutrals from any cosmetics line in existence and if you're going to pay luxury prices for neutrals, you want the reassurance of knowing that there is a certain standard of quality. The recent designer cosmetic launches have either brought something new to the table in terms of image or product, or they have the backing of a major makeup artist. I remember Dolce & Gabbana's product launch totally played up the fact that Pat McGrath developed the line.

Burberry doesn't reall have that, unless the products are completely out of this world and better than all their competitors I'm not sure how long the line can sustain itself. There have been so many failed beauty launches - Prada, Versace, etc.

21-07-2010
little soul

Aren't all "designer" makeup lines about rounding out the brand though? Like buying a Chanel lipstick or perfume, you can buy into the brand without massive financial commitment. In many cases, they're a big part of what holds the brand together - where would YSL be without selling a Touche Eclat every second somewhere in the world? (Ok they're owned by L'Oreal now I think, but you get my point hopefully!)

I'm interested in the line because I love neutrals, this is my kind of makeup. It's not unique, I think we can argue that most colours are dupeable in drugstore lines. Formulation is not, so I hope this is where Burberry will earn their money. I've read a lot of reviews where people were at first put off by "sheer" but in fact, the colours are pigmented and buildable just impossible to overdo. I think easy to wear, sophisticated and natural colours will always be appealing to a lot of women.

I think having a "celebrity" makeup artist to launch the line can be a benefit - Peter Philips is very engaging and thoughtful at Chanel, Tom Pecheux is a great example at the moment of how perceptions of Estee Lauder can be changed. As much as I love Pat and her work, I find her associations with lines to be a little laboured. I think that all the girls in the ad are wearing the same products to show it can be worn across the board () so maybe that's the selling point, easy, sophisticated and always appropriate - no need to be super talented at makeup, these products are foolproof.

backstage pass

I love the colours Burberry has chosen for their cosmetics line and its just the colours I would wear. I love it and cant wait to own some of it. That lipstick in the review is to die for.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
burberry, cosmetics