How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2010
trendsetter

I agree, I really love the colours, they are all so beautiful and wearable . This is something I'm definitely checking out.

31-07-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

For you Burberry Cosmetics fans, here's a bit on the brand that was in US Vogue August...

And boy, doesn't that Nude Beige shade look marvelous?

(scanned by me)

little soul

I bought the foundation in May so now it's time for a review

I'm shade no.1 which is a perfect match (I also wear Shu Uemura 784 if anyone is familiar with their system, I don't know what I'd be in MAC). It's in a pump bottle and is more of a cream than a liquid in texture, has a floral/sweet scent which fades quickly.

So, I really don't know how to explain how much I love this foundation! I have combo/dehydrated skin, pale with surface redness and that's what I always want my foundation to cover. The first time I tried the foundation, I used a pump which is more than enough for a full face with medium coverage. I've tried it with a damp sponge, fingers and various brushes - each time the result is natural and flawless. It always covers my redness in a way which no other foundation has done before - it's hydrating and dewy without being sticky and I've looked at my skin in harsh sunlight which is normally really harsh and the foundation is undetectable. I've had foundations that I've really loved before but really, none of them compare to this - even wearing it very sheerly with half a pump and damp sponge gives a great finish and coverage.

There are some negatives. Firstly, since it's more of a cream than a liquid, the pump is really not the best packaging - I used it solidly for a month and suddenly nothing came out of the bottle. If you shake it up you can sometimes use the pump, but mostly I have to unscrew the cap and get it out that way because there is still so much left. I don't really like foundations in jars but it would really be easier to use that way.

Also, it's not the most long lasting foundation - but I find it works best on it's own, rather than with a primer, and it does at least fade evenly.

So in short, please try this foundation! I think a lot of people here will love it, especially Belowen if you're reading this, I think it would be perfect for you!

backstage pass

^^^Which foundation are you talking about?

01-09-2011
V.I.P.

I'd really like to try the sheer foundation but Burberry cosmetics aren't available here and I have no idea what shade I should get :/ Does anybody know if one could get samples from somewhere just to try out what shade one should get it in?

little soul

sunn19 - the liquid foundation.

sill, Cafe Makeup blog has excellent swatches and I think she got samples from Neiman Marcus San Francisco? You can see here: http://cafemakeup.com/2010/08/05/bur...of-all-shades/
You could try them for a recommendation at least, if not to buy...I would suggest Harrods but I've never had a good SA there. I wear number 1, the Cafe Makeup pic of the foundation in pots is pretty accurate to me - especially number 2 which is really very pink.

trendsetter

Honestly, their foundation is the best I've tried so far. It leaves an even, dewy and very natural finish! my fav

16-07-2013
scenester

Has anyone tried their shadows? They seem to be getting a lot of attention.

16-07-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLuxeYourself View Post
Has anyone tried their shadows? They seem to be getting a lot of attention.
I absolutely love their eyeshadows! They are gorgeous, so natural (very minimal shimmer/no glitter), and flattering. Granted, if you're a Mac makeup sort of girl going for drama, they're probably not going to be your thing.

I have all the earthy colors: porcelain, almond, pale barley, porcelain, midnight brown. I'm quite pale but I have a black friend whose skin is quite dark and she is equally passionate about them. The packaging is great as well, the amount of product is quite generous.

17-07-2013
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I absolutely love their eyeshadows! They are gorgeous, so natural (very minimal shimmer/no glitter), and flattering. Granted, if you're a Mac makeup sort of girl going for drama, they're probably not going to be your thing.

I have all the earthy colors: porcelain, almond, pale barley, porcelain, midnight brown. I'm quite pale but I have a black friend whose skin is quite dark and she is equally passionate about them. The packaging is great as well, the amount of product is quite generous.
I'm thinking of Midnight Brown, Mulberry and waffling between taupe brown and Dark Sable. Thoughts?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
burberry, cosmetics