How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2006
windowshopping

They have great lip balm, cuticle cream and foot cream. Their line for babies is also wonderful - smells great and full of moisture.

28-04-2006
Deep Red Bells

the lip balm is the best

28-04-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

Chrissy I'm not really surprised it felt oily. Most of his moisturizers in my opinion appear to be oil and not water based, which i personally prefer. It just takes some getting used to. And sometimes I have to 'fluff' my moisturizer by stirring my finger around in the pot a bit to break it up....it gets compacted quite easily and that can make applying it more difficult.

28-04-2006
girl who fell to earth

^^ i definitely know what you mean meg... i think i like this oil base better because i can feel that my hands stay softer for a longer period of time

01-05-2006
backstage pass

i dunno, i bought the super shiny grapefruit and sugar beet hair shampoo and conditioner-and to be honest im al lil disapointed, my hairs about as shiny as it was before!!is this cuz i didnt use enough or my hair is thick and curly, or do you have to use it a couple of times???my hair does smell good though, thank goodness for taht!!!

09-05-2006
fashion icon

Does anyone know if the Burt's Bees range is available in Australia?

10-05-2006
fashion icon

i love the lipbalm, the carrot nutritive body lotion that i great on ur face as well and baby bees buttermilk lotion.

10-05-2006
Fashionably Late

The shampoo was just rated number 1 in Self magazine.

10-05-2006
scenester

I'm a big fan of their lip balm. It's minty and it doesn't leave any greasy residue on your lips.

10-05-2006
fashion elite

Lipbalm is great. I like the Garden Tomato toner, and their complexion soap is wonderfful.

11-05-2006
backstage pass

Update!
ok, my hairs really shiny now, but i think its a lil dry when i feel it... could it be because i dont have all that slick, waxy conditioning residue in my hair anymore? ooo, and another thing-my hair has to be washed twice as much now, is that because the shampoos gentle and not stripping my hairs moisture? or is it cuz its just not working?

ANyone? Help!

09-05-2007
Fashionably Late

Ok I am so excited that I need to share. Tonight I went to a free Burt's Bees seminar at my local health food store. This woman who works for them led the meeting. She talked all about the history of the company, the products, and gave skincare tips. Then we got these amazing free gift bags with a whole bunch of their products! To top it off, the store offered the products to buy after the class at a discount. I took my mom with me, and she couldn't stop looking at her goody bag in the car on the way home.

09-05-2007
backstage pass

Oh my. I'm obsessed with Burt's Bees! All of their products are amazing!
I use the Milk & Honey Body Lotion on my face, actually. I find that it's very light and gentle for my skin.
LOVE the lipbalm.
Their hand salve and hand cremes are wonderful as well, especially in the winter.

Haven't yet tried their makeup, although next time I have some extra money (haha!), I'm going to buy some makeup, as well as the bug spray. (I'm curious. I don't use regular bug sprays because I hate to spray poisen on my skin....I'm intrigued by Burt's.)

09-05-2007
Fashionably Late

^ Oddly enough, they didn't talk about the makeup. Some woman asked a question about the tinted moisturizer but it was at the very end, and we were leaving. The girl who ran the thing said that the plant is very cool because there are tubs of edible ingredients like avacado, apples, honey, etc. Their philosophy is that you shouldn't put anything on your body that you wouldn't put in your mouth. She said that there is a men's care line coming out in September and that soon their moisturizers will have SPF in them. Also the only difference between the two blemish sticks is the packaging. She said they have two different kinds to appeal to guys and girls, so if your store is out of one, the other is totally the same except for the packaging.

06-02-2009
rising star

bump this up. i am a HUGE fan of burts bees. using their radiance line, which is EXCELLENT.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bees, burt, products, skincare