How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-02-2009
girl who fell to earth

what's in their radiance line? i don't think i've heard of it....

i've been using their SPF 30 for the face and even though it says non-whitening it is a bit thick and my skin doesn look whiter when i put it on...
so i actually layer some neutrogena tinted moisturizer on top of it to blend better and give my face a fresher, more alive look...

i do think my skin has looked better since i started using it though..

i have yet to find a hand cream by burt's that i really love though...
bought a new one recently and feel like the smells of the creams they have always gross me out somehow...

09-02-2009
rising star

it's the one with royal jelly, comprises of day cream, day lotion (with spf), night cream, serum, eye cream, lip shimmer and... i guess that's all.

the have sample pack in radiance kit, though.

10-02-2009
backstage pass

I use their shampoos and conditioners, almond milk hand cream and their foot lotion.

10-02-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

^
yeah I just picked up the grapefruit and beet sugar shampoo. The smell kind of weirded me out at first, and it was difficult getting used to the lack of lather, but I've noticed a difference in my hair. I love the carrot day cream though.

11-02-2009
rising star

just discovered and LOVE citrus scrub. it really scrubs well without being too harsh. my bumps are gone in ONE single usage!

07-05-2009
windowshopping

I have always liked the Lip balm, of course, and I've tried the raspberry shampoo, which I liked. I think I tried a coconut or cocoa butter intense conditioner and it was nothing special. Certainly not worth $15.00 or whatever.

rising star

read somewhere that you can use coconut foot cream as leave in conditioner (it's coconut oil, anyway, which is folk remedies for hair thinning)
love it and love the smell. the thick oil just dissolves into my hair without weighting it down.

06-01-2010
penniless sitar player

I've tried the lip balm. It tastes good, but that's really it...

rising star

I have repurchased the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream time after time, and it is the best thing for dry cuticles and hands. I even apply it to my knees, elbows and lips before I go to bed.

rising star

I'd love to know more about their haircare, but there doesn't seem to be a thread for it.
Which hair products have people on here used and how did you find them?
I saw a green tea shampoo and conditioner with I think coconut and other oils in, which I really like the sound of, and it's so hard to find such natural beauty care, but it's a little more expensive than my regular shampoo (I use a kerastase conditioner however to try and erase the heat damage) so just wanted to hear some opinions before I splurge.
Being a poor student sucks when it comes to feeding yourself and hair/skin goodness...

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbryony View Post
I'd love to know more about their haircare, but there doesn't seem to be a thread for it.
Which hair products have people on here used and how did you find them?
I saw a green tea shampoo and conditioner with I think coconut and other oils in, which I really like the sound of, and it's so hard to find such natural beauty care, but it's a little more expensive than my regular shampoo (I use a kerastase conditioner however to try and erase the heat damage) so just wanted to hear some opinions before I splurge.
Being a poor student sucks when it comes to feeding yourself and hair/skin goodness...
I would like to know that too actually. How are their shampoo's and conditioners? I have quite difficult hair, not at all smooth, so I always look for a shampoo that makes my hair smooth.

24-04-2010
V.I.P.

My hair is very fine and rather dry. I use their "avocado butter pre-shampoo hair treatment" and although the texture does take some getting used to because it's rather thick and gooey I think it's a great product. It's also good for taming flyaways.

burtsbees.com

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

^ I tried that and hated it It made my hair feel really weighed down and gluggy afterwards.

V.I.P.

I love burt´s bees lipbalm, even tough I did not like the smell of it, peppermint has never been my favourite. But after a while I did get used to it. Sadly they do not sell those products in finland.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
^ I tried that and hated it It made my hair feel really weighed down and gluggy afterwards.
It does the opposite to mine, makes it very fluffy and soft and adds some body to it. But I've read so many different reviews, it really seems to be one of those love-it-or-hate-it products.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bees, burt, products, skincare