How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-10-2005
backstage pass

Cellulite
Okay, the title says it all. It's a fact- 95% of woman have cellulite. Theres really no point in fussing trying to rid yourself of all of it, it's natural to have a bit. But i'm wondering any toning/excercises/secrets you all have for dealing w. it or decreasing it? I'm not heavy- size 4- but I definetly have my fair share of it. I don't know if it's genetic or if I should be excercising more or what. So ANY solutions and tips on this subject would be so useful! After all, if cellulite affects 95% of woman, i'm sure I can't be the only one here to reap the benefits of this discussion :p

before we all go under

10-10-2005

I don't have cellulite but I heard Pilates is good for reducing it.

backstage pass

when i gained weight i had some cellulite, even though i was still pretty thin. now that i've lost the weight its gone away...so i guess my only advice is to...lose weight? haha.

12-10-2005
V.I.P.

^It doesn't work quite this way, unfortunately. With most people, at least. Cellulite is a skin effect you get from changing the weight you are fastly and drastically which works with both gaining and losing weight. So, if you lose the weight you have gained in too short a time the cellulite will become even worse. You were incredibly lucky to have got rid of the cellulite once you lost weight.

Meg
inspired contemplation

I think cellulite is exaggerated and can even be confused with non-toned legs/bum. Someone mentioned once on this board that if you can pull your skin taut and the effect goes away it's more a matter of toning and less of cellulite.

12-10-2005
V.I.P.

^ I bet you never had cellulite yourself if you say that :p . If you have it you can't confuse it with anything, it's the skin effect, not the muscles thing or anything. Though, I think that's what the case with SashaTheElf might have been, cause it's so untypical for cellulite to go away naturally and especially by losing weight.

front row

dispite misconception, cellulite is not fat, it's caught pockets of water. the best way to eliminate cellulite aside from changing your diet to affect your digestion and elimination is to do deep breathing (via sitting or exercise) and to pump the lymph, via exercise, breathing deep or massage. people swear by dry brushing. get a long handled wooden bath brush from a health food store, using upward strokes (always toward the heart - if you are doing your chest, stroke down) begin with feet 10 strokes or more upward motion brisk firm strokes.....left foot , right foot, left calf, right calf etc. this moves the pockets of water and breaks them up so they go into the blood and lymph system and through the body for elimination. if you have a large stomach, it is due to an overloaded colon and that should be cleansed for best effect. and kept clean with a healthy diet filled with easy to digest foods and nourishing ones at that.

people also swear by body wraps, seaweed baths and epsom salt baths to draw out impurities.

persistance and committment are the key.

hope this was helpful!

12-10-2005
backstage pass

^Very helpful, thank you, and I like the somewhat spiritual approach, with the breathing and such. I'm quite happy with my weight, just wanted to lose the cellulite. I was thinking on going on a 3 or 4 day detox diet as well, with just herbal teas and such, to give my liver a rest. It's pretty overworked as of now, and even though i'm a vegetarian, theres still some foods I eat that probably arn't the easiest to break down.

before we all go under

12-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucindaMay
dispite misconception, cellulite is not fat, it's caught pockets of water. the best way to eliminate cellulite aside from changing your diet to affect your digestion and elimination is to do deep breathing (via sitting or exercise) and to pump the lymph, via exercise, breathing deep or massage. people swear by dry brushing. get a long handled wooden bath brush from a health food store, using upward strokes (always toward the heart - if you are doing your chest, stroke down) begin with feet 10 strokes or more upward motion brisk firm strokes.....left foot , right foot, left calf, right calf etc. this moves the pockets of water and breaks them up so they go into the blood and lymph system and through the body for elimination. if you have a large stomach, it is due to an overloaded colon and that should be cleansed for best effect. and kept clean with a healthy diet filled with easy to digest foods and nourishing ones at that.

people also swear by body wraps, seaweed baths and epsom salt baths to draw out impurities.

persistance and committment are the key.

hope this was helpful!
I do dry-brushing and its amazing.

It didn't get rid of it, but it reduced the appearance a lot. It wasn't so obvious as 'orange peel'.

Quote:
If you have it you can't confuse it with anything
I agree with this whole-heartedly!!

A champagne supernova in the sky
29-11-2005
backstage pass

I've heard that girls get cellulite and stretch marks during puberty when they get hips, but a lot of it will fade later.

PLEASE tell me this is true?!

29-11-2005
front row

My mom is 47 and doesnt exercise but no cellulite at all. I do exercise and I still have cellulite. Hmm..I guess it doesnt come with age or whether you exercise or not !!

29-11-2005
tfs star

^^ i agree... i have cellulite

V.I.P.

I have a little on my bum. I never had it until i went on the contraceptive pill. I exercise 4-5 times a week and drink a lot of water and watch what i eat but it doesn't go away. So who knows?

02-12-2005
scenester

I have a question to ask...does having cellulite affect the clothes you wear or does it not bother you to wear shorts or short skirts with bare legs? Cos i feel so self-conscious that i just don't want to show my legs at all, plus i am so damn pale.

Do most people just not care about this? cos i see plenty of other people wearing these kind of clothes yet if i happen to look, none of them seem to have any cellulite! And i feel like, it couldn't just be me with it?

02-12-2005
V.I.P.

I'm 18 and have developed cellulite around my tummy, bum and thighs and firming lotions have really helped me. I applied religiously morning and night for about a month, and have kept a good diet and flushed out my system every day with water ... and now you wouldnt say I ever had cellulite.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cellulite