How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2006
|/mirror queen\|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
love how black nails lost their gothic dimension
but i dont think it looks great on everyone
on the contrary i'd say its not for everyone

havent tried it yet (faithfull to very dark wine.brown shades) but i plan to give it a try when the weather gets cooler

thanks for the feedback
Yep, i think too that iīll try it when the weather is cooler.

Like someone mentioned it, i think that black and v dark colours suit pale skin better, and looks nicer in wintery times than on hot weather.
Also, short nails are a must when wearing dark polishes.

20-09-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
Like someone mentioned it, i think that black and v dark colours suit pale skin better
I have to disagree with this. I know alot of darker toned people (including myself) who, for years, have been wearing extremely dark shades of polish and it suits them just fine. You don't have to have pale skin.

By the way, the wet n' wild is pretty damn good, esp for a buck.

20-09-2006
|/mirror queen\|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincat
I have to disagree with this. I know alot of darker toned people (including myself) who, for years, have been wearing extremely dark shades of polish and it suits them just fine. You don't have to have pale skin.

By the way, the wet n' wild is pretty damn good, esp for a buck.
Of course you donīt have to have pale skin, i just said that it suits pale better.
For instance, my skin is pale but now itīs tanned, and i like dark polishes better when i am paler than right now.

trendsetter

And I'm just saying its suits darker skin fine, not better or worse. A matter of opinion, I guess, and that's mine.

21-09-2006
backstage pass

weeee i cant believe i finally found one!!
even tho i know im not gonna use it anytime soon esp that my nails are in the worst condition ever but heck i just had to have it

so ladies, you'r talkin about two versions of black satin? a matte and a shimmery one? mine isnt shimmery and im pretty sure it's a limited edition too since iv never seen it before and it was sold out in many Chanel counters

Gincat, what are the shades you have from wet n' wild?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21-09-06_0252.jpg (27.3 KB, 4 views)

21-09-2006
trendsetter

They were actually two "nouveau teinte" ( cause it is wet n wild after all), one was called vintage red I think and I can't remember the name of the black one. But they were both set up apart from the other bottles in a display on a seperate shelf. THe vintage red one is really more of a plum, its almost black. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, its pretty nice actually. Esp. for a buck each.

21-09-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I bought the black Wet 'n Wild one... love it... probably would not buy the Chanel because of it.

21-09-2006
front row

My sister bought me the chanel black satin #219 for me from London and it is a flat black...I saw the tested bottle of the version sold here in the US and it has a silvery shimmer to it...I have the #219 from London on my feet and I must say that it looks awesome...I wish I could find the US version to see how it looks on....I was on the waiting list at the Chanel boutique for it but the SA called me today to say that they were not going to be getting anymore in at ALL!!!!!

22-09-2006
windowshopping

I bought Chanel's Black Satin polish a few months ago and to be honest, I'm not especially impressed. I've worn black nail polish for many years and I have tried better.

I think I'll still to my Chanel Rouge Noir instead.

22-09-2006
Power to the 99%

MAC has several dark shades ... I've been toying with the idea of a sparkly dark charcoal grey ... I ran out & bought Vamp when it came out and have tried a number of crazy Chanel colors ... but black ...

22-09-2006
backstage pass

oh yeah their black is nice, but they havnt come out with something that can top Roug Noir yet...

05-10-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin
I don't know how it compares to the Chanel, but Rimmel makes a black nail polish. It is also called "Black Satin". About $2-3.
I've looked for a black nail varnish by Rimmel and can't find one anywhere!

05-10-2006
fashion icon

I just got Vamp today and I havent tried it yet but the color is awesome!!

trendsetter

I went looking for the Chanel one last night, but it was sold out So I went to Walgreens hoping to find the Wet n Wild one - they didn't have it, but they did have a Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear one in Black Out. It's a nice shiny black, I put it on last night I also got one by the same brand in dark sparkly gray. I'll still get the Chanel one if I find it, but I'm not getting my hopes up - if the Chanel counter at Macys in Stonestown Galleria doesn't have it, I doubt the ones downtown do :/

06-10-2006
front row

i've been a fan of black nailpolish since i was fourteen actually, and i was not goth or anything and i didn't care that some people thought i was strange because of it. i am really happy its back in. i actually prefer the flatter black colors to ones with sparkle, sparkle just not my thing. well anyway i guess i am very late as always cuz i just recently learned of this black that chanel came out with and i just learned tonight that its a limited edition, i must've been hiding under a rock or something. well i can hardly believe this, and i never though that i would do an insane thing like that but i just had to have this color so i went to e-bay and spent more money on a bottle of nail polish than i ever though i would. i use good makeup and bought chanel polish before but never at this price. im actually laughing at myself, but um happy i got it cuz i wanted it so bad and i know not having it would've driven me nuts. as far as wet n wild black polish is concerned, maybe its just me but i thought it was one of the crappiest pieces of garbage i ever put on my nails, it was thin, watery, streaky, a mess to put on and a day later it looked like s**t, well to be honest it looked like s**t to begin with. and so i patiently await the arrival of my ridiculously expensive nail polish. :O)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
black, chanel, nail, polish, satin