CHANEL Black Satin Nail Polish - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
15-10-2006
backstage pass

i dont think any black polish has to be Chanel, they just made so it would be offcially a "trend"..

19-10-2006
windowshopping

currently i am in seoul, south korea.
I went to lotte department store today and i got the chanel black satin!!!!
i guess ppl here dont like this color >_< but good for me!
I love its texture, it's really 'black satin'.

19-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AndoraStar*
I've been wearing my black nail polish for a while.. and it's not Chanel.. lol!

But I love it regardless..
i've been wearing urban decay's perversion forever....but i was in saks recently and decided to try my luck...went to chanel and figured it was worth a try, and i got on a very short waiting list for some black satin. it's already on it's way to my house. free shipping too. i don't know if the counter guy was just blowing smoke or not, but apparently, the new york saks was the *only* place getting another shipment of black satin. at least that's the line he was giving me.

21-10-2006
front row

lol. I had a live chat with saks customer service; they called the NY store who said it was still sold out. No waiting list. The NY store said it was "on ebay."

21-10-2006
trendsetter

I got mine today!! I had put my name down on a waiting list at the Chanel store here in Boston and they got a shipment of FOUR bottles this week. That's it...only four. I guess I was the third girl on the waiting list and they had called me and I had to give them TWO credit card numbers for them to hold it for me! A little ridiculous but I picked it up this afternoon and it was the very last bottle. A girl actually offered me a hundred dollars for it when I was leaving the store but I said, "NO!!!!!" and ran away before she tried to grab my bag, haha. When I told my mom that she said I shouldn't open it and sell it for three hundred dollars on ebay but I said that she was crazy. It's really pretty. I'm so happy. My roommate said that I'm friviolous but obviously the craze it's started means that I'm not alone

21-10-2006
doldrums

I like the look and it's nice and simple. I might try it. I haven't worn black nail polish or color nail polish for ages. I usually wear clear/nail harderns. Right now my nails are short so I can do this look, I think.

22-10-2006
backstage pass

hundred dollars, the world is getting crazier every day... FYI: the Version sold in Europe and Asia is different from the US Version. The first one actually has no shimmer, plain ordinary black, so people there do yourself a favor and get OPI Onyx instead or a drugstore black and a decent topcoat...

22-10-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraDanielle11
I got mine today!! I had put my name down on a waiting list at the Chanel store here in Boston and they got a shipment of FOUR bottles this week. That's it...only four. I guess I was the third girl on the waiting list and they had called me and I had to give them TWO credit card numbers for them to hold it for me! A little ridiculous but I picked it up this afternoon and it was the very last bottle. A girl actually offered me a hundred dollars for it when I was leaving the store but I said, "NO!!!!!" and ran away before she tried to grab my bag, haha. When I told my mom that she said I shouldn't open it and sell it for three hundred dollars on ebay but I said that she was crazy. It's really pretty. I'm so happy. My roommate said that I'm friviolous but obviously the craze it's started means that I'm not alone
I'm sorry, but I find that so hard to believe. Not that I think your lieing at all, but I would've done completely the opposite...taken the money and ran before she had a chance to change her mind, but then again I could've used the money cause I'm a college student & all my life been po'

22-10-2006
tfs star

Why pay so much money for a nail varnish?? So what if it is hard to get hold of now just wait a few months. I would rather buy a pair of jeans for £150 then a nail varnish.

22-10-2006
I am half-sick of shadows

I recently bought the Black Satin nail varnish by Rimmel and I'm very happy with it. I'd like to try the Chanel but the hysteria is putting me off...$150 for a bottle

22-10-2006
tfs star

There was the same kind of hysteria over the rouge noir... I waited and got mine at regular price.

22-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia
lol. I had a live chat with saks customer service; they called the NY store who said it was still sold out. No waiting list. The NY store said it was "on ebay."
well, if you'd care for proof, i'll post pictures when it gets here. i have no reason to make things up.

22-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic
well, if you'd care for proof, i'll post pictures when it gets here. i have no reason to make things up.
I wasn't checking out your story - I wanted a bottle for myself. If I didn't believe you I wouldn't have contacted them!

I was lol'ing at the "ebay" part.

Last edited by virginia; 22-10-2006 at 01:57 PM.
22-10-2006
front row

i'm sorry, i apologize. i misinterpreted what you said.

22-10-2006
front row

if it's of any consequence to anyone, mac is selling a black polish for $10. but their website has been having problems for days.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
black, chanel, nail, polish, satin