CHANEL Black Satin Nail Polish - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
22-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic
i'm sorry, i apologize. i misinterpreted what you said.
that's okay - it's hard to interpret intent online sometimes.

22-10-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss
I'm sorry, but I find that so hard to believe. Not that I think your lieing at all, but I would've done completely the opposite...taken the money and ran before she had a chance to change her mind, but then again I could've used the money cause I'm a college student & all my life been po'
Nope. It's totally true. I've just been waiting and waiting and waiting for it. I'd rather have the polish than an extra hundred bucks. Although also being a poor college student I probably should have just taken the money But now that I have it on it's just love.

23-10-2006
|/mirror queen\|

Strange how things get so hyped over in the US.

If i wanted that varnish, i bet you that i could go to most of the stores and still have it....

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
Strange how things get so hyped over in the US.

If i wanted that varnish, i bet you that i could go to most of the stores and still have it....
its not the same version in europe, its just black and has no shimmer, thus the no hype for it
and yeah my mom when she went to france last month had no problem finding one for me, except i was disappointed because it was the no shimmer version

23-10-2006
|/mirror queen\|

Yeah, the shimmer one sounds much more appealing.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheneveriwakeup
I recommend sally hansen xtreme wear in 'black out'. It has a very finished look and it doesn't crack... cheap too!
I have to say, I just bought this exact product the other day and find it absolutely horrendous! The texture is watery (takes a couple coats just to look black) and chips VERY easily. Plus a ton of airbubbles.

I'm wondering if I should try another cheap brand or splurge on the Chanel one.

23-10-2006
backstage pass

Fabulyss just get urself one since u can, ppl r going crazy to get it..
and if u liked it, and cant get one anymore, u can always try OPI or wet n' wild -girls here have recommended it before,
so... why not buy something u know it's good if u didnt like the alt.

24-10-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebden
I'd like to try the Chanel but the hysteria is putting me off...$150 for a bottle
^Me too Hebden.

I think Chanel purposely limited the production of the black satin as it worked so well for the Rouge Noir back in the 90's. It's a marketing strategy that companies use and it gets old!

Thanks for the tip for the varnish by Rimmel.

Last edited by Lisa314; 24-10-2006 at 11:40 AM.
25-10-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic
if it's of any consequence to anyone, mac is selling a black polish for $10. but their website has been having problems for days.
I bought MAC's Nocturnelle black nail polish at Nordstroms last weekend and absolutely love it! It applies beautifully. I only needed one coat and it is very glossy. I've had it on for three days and it still hasn't chipped yet. I just checked MAC's website and it looks like it's sold out right now. I better go back this weekend and pick up another bottle.

27-10-2006
front row

dealing with the chanel nyc counter is like talking to a 3 year old on the phone. they charged my card on the 16th and it's still not here.

29-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysia7
its not the same version in europe, its just black and has no shimmer, thus the no hype for it
and yeah my mom when she went to france last month had no problem finding one for me, except i was disappointed because it was the no shimmer version
Hello, would it be possible for someone with the US version to post a pic of how the varnish looks on their nails? I would like to see how shimmery it is.
thanks!

30-10-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSpot
Hello, would it be possible for someone with the US version to post a pic of how the varnish looks on their nails? I would like to see how shimmery it is.
thanks!
Check page 2 post #23

~Madeleine Albright
30-10-2006
front row

thanks! I got some yeserday and I live in Canada so I was wondering if it was the same as the US version. Unfortunately I think that it is the 'no shimmer' version that they have in Europe.

30-10-2006
windowshopping

Couldn't you just add a touch of shimmery polish to some cheap black polish? I mean, yeah yeah I'm sure it's not exactly the same, but wouldn't it look pretty damn close? and be a hell of a lot cheaper...

01-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosh
Couldn't you just add a touch of shimmery polish to some cheap black polish? I mean, yeah yeah I'm sure it's not exactly the same, but wouldn't it look pretty damn close? and be a hell of a lot cheaper...
sure you could. but I guess most people want it because the stars wear chanel...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
black, chanel, nail, polish, satin