How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-01-2004
windowshopping

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, just joined today! I was on Vogue forum, but that's undergoing maintanence at the moment. Was wondering if you girls could give me any recs for good Chanel concealers as my skin has cleared up and I find that I don't need as much coverage as foundation provides anymore, I'm quite fair and would like concealer that provides good coverage, but doesn't look too obvious! I'd like Chanel as my skin and I are familiar with the products, but if you have any better suggestions then that's fine! - I'm Shade #30 in the Chanel DPF, so I'd be looking for a shade around #20 in a concealer. Thanks!

15-01-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by Blonde@Jan 14th, 2004 - 9:24 pm
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, just joined today! I was on Vogue forum, but that's undergoing maintanence at the moment. Was wondering if you girls could give me any recs for good Chanel concealers as my skin has cleared up and I find that I don't need as much coverage as foundation provides anymore, I'm quite fair and would like concealer that provides good coverage, but doesn't look too obvious! I'd like Chanel as my skin and I are familiar with the products, but if you have any better suggestions then that's fine! - I'm Shade #30 in the Chanel DPF, so I'd be looking for a shade around #20 in a concealer. Thanks!
HI Blondy and welcome

16-01-2004
V.I.P.

IMO, the best concealer out there is Cle de Peau's stick concealer. Sure, it's pricy (around $70) but one stick lasts for at LEAST two years, and it is quite worth the investment. You only need the slightest amount, and it doesn't cake, doesn't look unnatural, wears all day and does not settle into fine lines. It's completely full coverage and will even cover up beauty marks and freckles, hide pores, and whatever else.

If you're not willing to take the plunge off the deep end and try Cle's, try Dior's Hydrating concealer (it comes in a little blue squeeze tube). It's pretty much tied wth Cle's as far as quality goes, however it's not really as full coverage.

16-01-2004
fashion insider

I once tried a Chanel concealer (don't remember the name of it, it's a wand one), and I didn't like it at all.
it's too sheer, almost no coverage, makes my circles look weird and greyish, and not creamy enough that it doesn't really blend with the skin, and pretty drying.

18-01-2004
& b

Great concealer suggestions by experience:

Anticerne Perfecteur hydrating concealer, by Dior
Secret Camouflage, by Laura Mercier

front row

I looooove Dior's Hyrdrating concealer...its the best!

18-01-2009
front row

Benefit does an amazing consealer that is even good for a man!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chanel, concealers