How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
I tried the Vitalumiere Aqua and I really liked it. It made my face feel all soft. I was picking up the new Fall makeup and when I said I was going out to dinner they were all "lets put it on your properly'' and then ended up doing my eyes, cheeks and lips. It was nice.

Out of the new eyeshadows I only got 2 for now - Fantasme and Mirifique. The makeup artist put the Epatant on my eyes which went well with the green silk shirt I had on but I don't think I would wear it enough.For nails I only got Graphite. Peridot did not suit me at all.
I am a fan of Vitalumiere Aqua too. Very natural finish.
Peridot is a very hard colour to wear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moirla View Post
Prelude is mine!
Plus the Plumetis lipstick...and everything else...
I love the Prelude quad too. And Mirifique. And Rose Ecrin Joues Contraste. And Quartz polish. I didn't even look at the lipsticks because my credit card was already feeling sorry for itself

07-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
I am a fan of Vitalumiere Aqua too. Very natural finish.
Peridot is a very hard colour to wear...

I love the Prelude quad too. And Mirifique. And Rose Ecrin Joues Contraste. And Quartz polish. I didn't even look at the lipsticks because my credit card was already feeling sorry for itself
The fall collection is not available in my country yet, but as soon as it is I'll be heading to the shops!

08-08-2011
In Bloom

I'm itching to get that quad.

we were in love

08-08-2011
backstage pass

^ yeah me too. I wonder when it is going to be available here.

In Bloom

When I find out I'll camp in front of the store

we were in love

09-08-2011
don't look down

This seems to be a new mini-collection, with the Star Product being the powder compact (chanel.com):

Quote:
OMBRES TISSÉES
IRIDESCENT EFFECTS EYES

This unique illuminating powder from LES AQUARELLES DE CHANEL Makeup Collection adds captivating shimmer and iridescence to eyes and cheeks with pale pink and ivory tones. The harmony is embellished with a luminous layer of shimmer and embossed with an iconic woven tweed effect. Limited Edition.

V.I.P.

^love the colors of this collection, i will definitely buy the nailpolish and lipstick, they look just delicious!

11-08-2011
backstage pass

those blushes looks lovely <3

V.I.P.

I wore my Fantasme and Mirifique today and my boss goes right in the middle of us talking ''Why have you got sparkles on your eyes'' and I replied "Cause I want to". I was so WTF at him I walked off and didn't finish the convo. I was so surprised as my boss is pretty cool but that was just weird.

Men shouldn't comment on makeup unless they work in the industry, wear it themselves or it's to compliment a person.

11-08-2011
front row

its not just bosses label basher - a couple of my friends, who are girls, who also wear makeup, have asked me that.

the question is - WHY NOT? especially if its chanel! mirifique and fantasme are my two favorite shades from the collection by the way

pixiwoo did a tutorial on emma watson's HP nyc premiere makeup, and used mirifique

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

^ Have you got a link please?

12-08-2011
trendsetter

I had to google it when I read about it on DJ scribbles post!!

So here it is Label Basher:

don't look down

I called in to my nearest Chanel counter today, only to be told the autumn collection won't be in until next week. Too much waiting! Other counters might call to me, or the notion to buy some new nail varnish might vanish by then...

Temptalia posted more information about the Aquarelles range, which I've read is US only (?):

Quote:
In the 1920s, Marie Laurencin painted a watercolor portrait of Gabrielle Chanel. Today, Karl Lagerfeld employs that image as a point of departure for the 2011 Spring-Summer Haute Couture Collection, suffused with light and restraint. The atmosphere is pastel-toned, with clean silhouettes of catwalk models styled as ballerinas, evanescent and nonchalant. Soft pinks merge into tones of ivory and dove grey. Every aspect of the cherished rue Cambon style is washed over with the candor of youth. The enigmatic grace of a black satin ribbon tied high around the neck accentuates the mysterious spirit hidden behind the models’angelic faces.

Innocence always conceals its more daring side. Peter Philips, Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup, sees the spirit of rebellion behind delicate poses. His pastels are infused with character, coloring candidly pure faces with a flourishing form of urban poetry.

Created in the image of the 2011 Spring-Summer Haute Couture Collection, the shade range focuses on a palette of pinks and delicate grey on the eyes, framed by black and bathed in light. An exclusive creation, OMBRES TISSÉES Beiges takes on a fine-knit texture of silvery, golden and pinkish tones of beige. Arranged in three bands within their square case, these satiny eyeshadows smooth transparently over eyelids, while illuminating facial contours with touches of light. A little cloud of OMBRE ESSENTIELLE in Gris Exquis is shaded just beneath the brow line. A bold, geometric line of STYLO YEUX WATERPROOF 10 Ébène is drawn the precise width of the eyelid, stopping abruptly at its border for a more muted revisiting of the doe eye, modernising the youthful inspiration behind the look.

Blush extends from cheekbones to just below the eye. JOUES CONTRASTE 99 Rose Pétale adorns an opalescent complexion with soft light, lifted by the fresh hue of 66 Pink Cloud. Lips and nails are dressed in a hint of transparent pink, conveying an impression of romance par excellence. Irresistible, and as gentle as a hydrating balm, ROUGE COCO SHINE softens your natural smile with 58 Royallieu, while LE VERNIS 507 Tendresse perfects the color harmony in the most delicate way imaginable.

Ombres Tissees ($75.00)
  • Beiges (Limited Edition)
Joues Contraste ($43.00)
  • Pink Cloud (Limited Edition)
  • Rose Petale
Ombre Essentielle ($28.50)
  • Gris Exquis (Limited Edition)
Le Vernis ($25.00)
  • Tendresse (Limited Edition)
Stylo Yeux Waterproof ($29.00)
  • Ebene

front row

I just called my local Chanel counter and put Prelude on hold! I should get it by the end of the month!!

13-08-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Temptalia posted more information about the Aquarelles range, which I've read is US only (?):
The Aquarelles collection seems to be called Exclusive Creations outside of the US? It's been available here in London for a few weeks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, chanel, good, makeup