How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-08-2011
In Bloom

Oh yeah, that was the one!

we were in love

23-08-2011
backstage pass

is there any way to obtain anything from the Chanel Byzance collection? I think I really want that joues contraste rouge...

backstage pass

I just got the prelude quad. Love it.

don't look down

I got Peridot today and I'm so happy with it, especially after having to wait a fortnight for it to turn up. Beautiful in the bottle and not too bad on nails either...

trendsetter

I was looking up for the Fall collection today, but as it didn't had arrive yet I got the Lagon quad instead!

Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I got Peridot today and I'm so happy with it, especially after having to wait a fortnight for it to turn up. Beautiful in the bottle and not too bad on nails either...
Oh I'm dying to see how it looks on nails. Could you please post a picture?

In other words

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Apples View Post
is there any way to obtain anything from the Chanel Byzance collection? I think I really want that joues contraste rouge...
Chanel.com has everything, except for the Topkapi quad, from the Byzance collection in stock.
Here's the direct link to the Joues Contraste in Rouge:
http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...E-ROUGE-122403

Also, in case you didn't know, there's free shipping on all orders through Friday 11:59PM EST.

25-08-2011
don't look down

A closer look at the powder compact from the Les Aquarelles collection... (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Chanel Beiges Ombres Tissees (Iridescent Effects Eyes) ($75.00 for 0.46 oz.) is a limited edition illuminating powder that can be used on eyes and cheeks. It’s rather massive–plenty of product here–at 0.46 oz., which is double the size of your average blush. It’s many times larger than your average eyeshadow, which this can be used for as well (think highlighting the brow bone as the more go-to use).

It has a glitter-shimmer overlay that disappears after a few uses, though you’ll find bits and pieces still caught within the woven tweed pattern for several uses. When the glitter overlay is removed, the powder is still shimmery. As far as Chanel highlighters go, this is on the more frosted end of the spectrum. You won’t find large chunks of shimmer, but it has an obvious reflective sheen. Beiges wears well without fading over eight hours, and the texture is soft and finely milled (well, after you remove the chunkier glittery flecks!). I think the higher frost in the finish makes it a bit over-the-top, and if you do get the glittery bits in there, it looks heavy.

Though there are three shades, the differences between them are slight. When used together, it’s a pale, champagne beige. It consists of a pale pink, yellowed beige, and white-beige. It highlight cheeks well, and despite its frostier finish, it didn’t seem to emphasize pores. I find it’s pretty when worn, but whether it is worth the hefty price tag is another story. The shade itself isn’t particularly unique, and with the heavier sheen, easier to find in many brands (finding subtler, more refined highlighters is can be trying from my experience). It’s more a collector’s product than a must-have staple in your bag.

backstage pass

I swear by their joues contraste rouges!! One day I will own one in evert single color

boop

New Chanel Foundations! Couldn't be more excited, my all time favorite Chanel foundation was discontinued, so I'm hoping this will fill the void.

From WWD

Quote:
CHANEL ADDS COMPREHENSIVE FOUNDATION LINE

by Julie Naughton

Chanel is building a new foundation for its makeup business in late September.

That’s when the brand will launch Perfection Lumière, its newest foundation line — which offers both the widest shade range Chanel has ever offered in this category, as well as two proprietary complexes intended to perfect skin, said Christine Dagousset, executive vice president of Fragrance and Beauté for Chanel in the U.S. “This foundation was designed to be very universal,” said Dagousset. “Chanel’s creative director for makeup, Peter Philips, counts perfect skin among the most important features a woman can have and, since joining the brand in January 2008, has made it his goal to create a ‘perfect’ foundation: one that adjusts to the skin needs of every ethnicity and stays in place with a flawless finish.”

Perfection Lumière’s technology meets that goal, Philips said.

The formula, explained Philips, is created with two proprietary complexes. Perfect Skin Affinity Complex is a flexible, adhesive biopolymer derived from medical patch technology that is designed to take on the form of the skin, moving with it to create “an invisible second skin,” he said. The brand’s Perfect Light Control Complex is another key innovation in the formula, said Philips. “Classic powders only partially reflect the light,” he explained. “This complex contains two types of hemispherical powders. Some are semisheer for luminosity; others are coated with a mineral pigment with the goal of blurring the appearance of skin imperfections.”

The formula is said to last as long as 15 hours, and has a semi-matte finish that works on all skin types (whether oily or dry, fair or dark) and in all circumstances, he added.

The line will launch globally with 23 shades, 20 of which will be distributed in the U.S., noted Dagousset. Shades are broken into color groups ranging from very fair to very dark, and a variety of skin undertones, from pink to yellow, are also addressed in the shade lineup. The line will be sold in more than 30 countries.

In the U.S., the foundation will be available in all of the brand’s Beauté doors, about 700 department and specialty stores.

While executives declined to comment on projected sales, industry sources estimated that the new foundation line would do upward of $20 million at retail in the U.S. in its first year on counter.

Print advertising shot by Sølve Sundsbø, and featuring Alyssah Ali, will break in October fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazines, said Dagousset, who added that a large sampling campaign — with upward of two million samples — is also planned.

Overall, the foundation category year to date is trending very well for Chanel, noted Dagousset. According to NPD Group figures, Chanel’s growth in the category — up 14.1 percent — is outpacing the industry’s foundation growth rate of about 7.4 percent.

26-08-2011
backstage pass

I bought the Sheer Illuminating Base here the other day and I´m in love! It gives my face such a nice sheen and is also lovely to mix in with foundation to make it lighter in colour and coverage

scenester

I had some trouble with Chanel's foundation before (I have oily skin and it felt too heavy, caused me to break out), but I'm tempted by this new line they're about to launch. It sounds very promising.

27-08-2011
In Bloom

Vitalumiere Aqua is very light and matte...I really don't like matte, so it wasn't for me. But you might like it

we were in love

27-08-2011
scenester

Thanks, I'm in a constant search! The only one that has truly worked for me so far has been Clinique, I'll try that one as well.

27-08-2011
front row

i use mat lumiere and have very oily skin too - and its worked out to be my HG foundation. it's not overly matte and does have that 'glow.' medium coverage, but if you thin it out with your fingers you can get it more sheer

i just bought mirifique to do the emma watson makeup, and the texture is so beautiful, as well as the color. it lasts such a long time too - no creasing for me which was shocking, creams always do that on my oily lids.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, chanel, good, makeup