How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2012
Vogue Paris Intern

I've been wearing Vitalumičre Aqua for a few days and absolutely love it! The texture is amazingly light and the result natural although the foundation has a good coverage. One of my friends at work told me several times today that I have an amazing glow.

08-02-2012
backstage pass

FrenchCactus,

what skin type do you have? and which color are you using?

front row

I wear everyday rouge velvet lipsticks... bright pink suits me very nice....

08-02-2012
Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh me View Post
FrenchCactus,

what skin type do you have? and which color are you using?
I have a combination skin with acne and use Beige Rosé.

front row

I absolutely love Vitalumiere but I think it has been causing me to break out so I've stopped using for now. I really hope it turns out to be the the oil I've been using and not the foundation because it's the first one I've found which matches my tone perfectly and it is so incredibly light!

08-02-2012
backstage pass

^ as much as i love the finish of my chanel foundations (pro lumiere and vitalumiere aqua) i have just had to accept that they break me out and make my black heads much worse. they are the only thing i have added/changed to my beauty routine in the past year. i switched back to my drugstore foundation for a week (i don't wear makeup often though, and not very much) and i can already see improvements.

i'm sure i will get tempted and use them again though as i have quite a supply

08-02-2012
Vogue Paris Intern

I'm sorry to hear that, especially since I tend to break out too! Isn't Vitalumičre non-comedogenic?

V.I.P.

has anyone tried rouge coco baume?

15-02-2012
front row

I actually have baume and I think is ok is not as great as my rosebud which I used it alone but I found it perfect for applying it before any lipstick specially does that are not that moisturizing in between touch ups too and the good thing about is that is not bulky.

15-02-2012
rising star

I think I might need that skyline nail polish. I am so excited about getting Tentation tomorrow.

front row

I love, love, love the Vitalumiere Aqua. I can use two shades in this - B10 and B020 (not B20 or BR20.)

My HG blush is still Narcisse.

And I discovered the only bright lippie to ever work for me - #65 Insolente <3

I am becoming a Chanel makeup fan. I used to think the brand was for old ladies!

09-03-2012
In other words

Chanel Fall/Winter 2012.2013 Runway Makeup + a look at a few of the colors/items in the Fall 2012 Collection:

Quote:
Backstage At Chanel, “Browdazzling” Goes Big
March 6, 2012

Peter Philips is a makeup artist who likes to think outside the box—which is presumably how he scored his coveted role as Chanel’s creative director of makeup four years ago. The Belgian-born face painter became something of a household name after debuting a few off-kilter, on-trend shades of nail lacquer for the French house, but his body of work also includes its fair share of inventive application techniques, including the reoccurrence of 3-D, textural makeup. Philips incorporated this unique skill into handwoven eyelashes for Karl Lagerfeld’s Fall 2009 show; six seasons later, it’s all about the brow.

“The theme [of the show] is minerals—there are minerals coming out of the set!—so Karl made a sketch and he wanted minerals on the eye,” Philips explained, presenting a series of stone-encrusted rectangular mesh panels that he glued over models’ natural arches using a prosthetic adhesive. “We had to find a way to make it contemporary so it wasn’t like a cabaret thing,” he explained of the accessories, which led him to Lesage, the Paris-based embroidery atelier that helped turn Lagerfeld’s illustration into a reality. Creating a full-coverage base with Chanel Mat Lumičre Fluid Foundation, Philips shaded lids and cheekbones with Notorious, a new eye shadow/blush hybrid from his forthcoming Les Essentiels de Chanel Fall collection, before pressing on the “brows” that came in variations of gray, green, pink, and purple. Why the elaborate embellished detail? “It’s a show, it’s a catwalk,” Philips responded, explaining that there should be room for some drama. “It also gives a uniformity,” he added, “an almost military effect, which makes it easier when you have so many girls because you have one line to do: shading and contouring and the eyebrows.” Philips’ soldiers also received two coats of his new Le Vernis de Chanel nail polish in Frenzy, a pale lilac-tinged greige, which will hit shelves in September along with Vertigo, the range’s darker hue.
Source: vogue.it, style.com's Beauty Counter Blog

Looks like Vertigo's getting another chance in life (re-release):

Chanel Vertigo.jpg
Source: theedgeofsanity.org

Last edited by flyme2themoon; 09-03-2012 at 10:14 AM.
09-03-2012
V.I.P.

the june nailpolish gets a thumbs down from me. it is streaky. and the ballerina shade i bought recently turns out to be a nothing colour. drat.

i bought the pearl drop polish yesterday. hope it works out well.

V.I.P.

Another pic of Frenzy, it looks a bit different here. I really like it.

vogue.it

10-03-2012
front row

I kind of like the Fleur de Lotus JC but peachy pinks don't work on me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, chanel, good, makeup