How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2012
V.I.P.

Another pic of Frenzy..

cafemakeup.com

12-03-2012
V.I.P.

Do you set the Vitalumiere Aqua with a powder?

12-03-2012
.my prison is your brain.

^ I'm actually interested in hearing people's response to this.

I personally don't, I find the finish on it's own beautiful and natural. However, the coverage is moderate so I could see why people might want to use a powder. Not sure which one would be a good match with it though?

12-03-2012
V.I.P.

^I agree, the finish is lovely and the lady at the makeup counter told me it wasn't necessary to use any type of setting powder. Some days I feel like I need a little extra coverage but I don't want to loose the natural glowy finish. Anyone have recommendations for what would work?

12-03-2012
Vogue Paris Intern

I don't use any powder either with Vitalumière Aqua, though my face does tend to shine towards the end of the day. I usually set my makeup with a mist, like Caudalie's Beauty Elixir.

trendsetter

Has anyone tried the cream compact version of vitalumiere aqua? I'm interested in cream foundations and curious about this one.. I'm acne-prone but have dry cheeks and a normal t-zone, would this work for me? I like a dewy finish with medium coverage.

15-03-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
Has anyone tried the compact version of vitalumiere aqua? I'm interested in cream foundations and curious about this one.. I'm acne-prone but have dry cheeks and a normal t-zone, would this work for me? I like a dewy finish with medium coverage.
If it's any help, Lisa Eldridge was using the compact in one of her videos mentioning there was more coverage in contrast to the liquid but it felt invisible to the skin. I've been hovering around the Chanel counter lately thinking the about the same thing. It's a water based cream foundation so it should suit dry skin.

19-03-2012
don't look down

A special edition eyeshadow compact (makeup4all / thebeautylookbook.com):

Quote:
Chanel OMBRES MATELASSÉES 51. MONTAIGNE Eye Shadow Palette

Peter Philips, Creative Director of CHANEL makeup, created OMBRES MATELASSÉES palette to celebrate the re-opening of the boutique on Avenue Montaigne in Paris.

The prints on the palette are the interpretation of effects which are ‘so emblematic of CHANEL’. The shades are: Pear, Pale Gold, Gold, Golden Khaki and Black Night.Chanel suggest that you can also use two darker shades (when damp) as an eyeliner.

Availability: in all CHANEL boutiques, Harrods, Selfridges London, Selfridges Manchester Exchange, House of Fraser Glasgow and Fenwicks Newcastle exclusively from 13th April 2012. The price is £46.00. And it’s a Limited Edition, of course.

don't look down

Reviews of some of the products from the Las Vegas collection (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Chanel Gold Fingers Le Vernis / Nail Lacquer

Chanel Gold Fingers Le Vernis ($28.00 for 0.40 fl. oz.) is described as a “semi-sheer, gilded lacquer.” It’s a slightly coppered yellow gold with darker yellow gold micro-glitter and yellow gold shimmer. China Glaze Champagne Bubbles is much yellower. SpaRitual Golden Gleam is more orange. Milani 3D is holographic and a little less orange. MAC Vice is Nice is a little more orange.

Gold Fingers is almost opaque in two coats–if you want more of a “semi-sheer” look as Chanel describes, I’d recommend just one coat. I think it looks best with two coats, because it results in more even color coverage. The benefit to having it be slightly metallic and chocked full of shimmer and micro-glitter is that it dries down faster than the average polish. It has a consistency that’s just slightly watery but doesn’t seem to affect the application in any way. Chanel polishes typically last a week on me with minor tip wear but no chipping.

P.S. — I think Chanel is in a race against itself to make Le Vernis the most expensive polish on the market.

FINAL THOUGHTS
This kind of gold tends to be most flattering on warmer skin tones, particularly because there's a slightly orange-yellow tone to it. It applies well and would yield opaque color in three coats (if that was your aim) but is not as sheer as described.

don't look down

Gold lip product (same source):

Quote:
Chanel Vegas Gold Le Crayon Levres / Precision Lip Definer

Chanel Vegas Gold Le Crayon Levres / Precision Lip Definer ($29.00 for 0.04 oz.) is an molten gold designed to line the center of the lips to add a “touch of light.” The color is similar to Urban Decay Eldorado, which is an eyeliner. I can’t think of any lip liners that I own that are similar, but NYX Gold might work (I haven’t seen it, so I couldn’t tell you for sure) as it turned in my search for “gold lip liner.”

I can imagine this working really well with reds, berries, and plums, actually. The combination of the orange-gold tone with red would be fantastic. It applies fairly well, though it does pull and tug just a tad, and the shimmer has a slight grit to it. It’s not the best lip pencil I’ve used, but it’s certainly one of the more unique shades I’ve come across. It yielded good color payoff in a single pass, though on lips it’s a bit harder to get those results as the surface area is much larger! I found it was a little dry on its own. Overall, the formula and feel leave a little to be desired, but there’s something about the color itself as a lip product that draws me in.

don't look down

Pricy highlighter compact (same source):

Quote:
Chanel Lucky Stripes Iridescent Powders for Eyes and Cheeks

Chanel Lucky Stripes Iridescent Powder< ($95.00 for 0.53 oz.) is described as a highlighter for both cheeks and eyes. It’s part of the online exclusive (and at select boutiques) Las Vegas de Chanel collection and easily the pricest piece of the launch! It has six stripes of color, though the medium orange and gold shades seem to have been done twice, which resulted in four unique shades.

When blended together, the result is a warm, orange-tinted gold with a glowy shimmer-sheen. It looks a lot like Guerlain Terracotta Sun in the City, actually! Perhaps not quite as dark, but when blended out, the differences nearly disappear. Lucky Stripes has a less metallic finish. Chanel Shimmering Tweed is more golden, less orange. MAC Sun Rush is similar but in liquid form. Chanel Empreinte de Chanel also is similar, perhaps a little less golden.

There’s a medium-dark brown with red-orange undertones and a subtle satiny sheen. Urban Decay Chopper is similar but slightly redder. NARS Isolde is deeper. MAC One to Watch is a touch lighter. Bare Escentuals Fire is similar but a little more orange. To the right of that is a medium orange with a golden shimmer-sheen. MAC Fresh Daily is darker, more intense. Dolce & Gabbana Cocoa is similar but a bit darker and matte. Inglot #368 is lighter.

Next, there’s a medium yellow gold with gold shimmer–it’s actually not quite as refined, soft, or as pigmented as the other shades. It’s similar to golds like MAC Goldmine, Urban Decay Blunt, and Bare Escentuals Remix. The last shade is a pale white with larger white shimmer. It’s similar to MAC Winterscape and MAC White Frost.

It adds a warm, golden reflective quality to the cheek without emphasizing the skin’s texture. More glowy than metallic, but it’s still a more noticeable highlighter overall (which may or may not be to your liking!). I think it performs best as a cheek product, but it can be used on the eyes, too. There it blends out too easily; the colors seem to disappear as you blend, which can be frustrating. The texture of the powder is soft, finely-milled, and not at all powdery. On cheeks, it wore for seven hours and looked patchy after eight hours. On eyes, without a primer, it wore for seven hours with some fading, but with a primer, I didn’t have any wear issues.

I cannot figure out just what about this powder gave Chanel the gall to price this at $95. It’s like with every ultra limited edition launch, they tack on another $10 (and it may just feel that way). There’s nothing about this powder that feels different than other Chanel highlighting powders (or other high-end/designer powders for that matter). It’s gorgeous to be sure, and it’s a pretty design on the interior, but it’s still a plastic black compact on the outer edge. Hey, at least Dior and Guerlain will often give you limited edition, specially-designed packaging with their high price tags! (Dior often has signature limited edition pieces that come out in the $80+ range, and Guerlain has debuted similar products in the $60+ range.)

FINAL THOUGHTS
I suspect that for most readers, the price alone will be a major turn-off. For me, a product at this price point needs to perform immaculately. This is a good product but falls short of greatness. It's too similar to both past Chanel powders but also to recently released Guerlain Sun in the City--which is $25 cheaper.

don't look down

Two shots of the Summer 2012 collection (cafemakeup.com):

front row

I want the new Tumulte and the new Pink Explosion!

http://cafemakeup.com/2012/03/19/cha...-and-swatches/

http://cafemakeup.com/2012/03/19/cha...-and-swatches/

Also the Insolence gloss. I want to use this on top of RA Insolente!

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-extr...watches-part-1

21-03-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant View Post
If it's any help, Lisa Eldridge was using the compact in one of her videos mentioning there was more coverage in contrast to the liquid but it felt invisible to the skin. I've been hovering around the Chanel counter lately thinking the about the same thing. It's a water based cream foundation so it should suit dry skin.
Thank you, Elephant. I recieved a sample at à chanel counter and will test it out.

22-03-2012
trendsetter

I'm hesitating between the Teint Innocence compact or the Vitalumière compact. I have some trouble finding Teint Innocence compact though, has it been discontinued?
And which compact would you recommend?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, chanel, good, makeup