How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2011
front row

Oh, love it! And you are gorgeous! May I ask how many danish kroner it was? Was it on display or did you ask the SA?

23-04-2011
don't look down

Four coats and still no colour with the sheerest shade in the summer collection (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Chanel Beige Petale Le Vernis ($25.00 for 0.4 fl. oz.) is a sheer, barely beige tinted polish. Over my nails, it just neutralizes some of the natural pinkness of my nails, but honestly, that’s really a stretch–I could hardly tell if there was any color deposited (swatches are shown with four coats). The only way I knew I had polish on was that the ones with it were glossy! Maybe there is a slight milkiness, but this is really, really sheer. I found the formula a little thick and did not flow as easily as the other two shades from this launch as well, but since there was little color, it didn’t seem to impair the results.

There is certainly room for sheers–in fact, lots of lines do them–but based on my experience, it takes sheer to clear, rather than providing soft, delicate color. It provides virtually none until you’ve slathered on four coats–and at that point, it’s the faintest hint of color that is only picked up in direct light.

You may want to try this before purchasing, because I could see very little color, even after four coats (which is what is shown). This crossed that subtle line between "sheer" and, well, just clear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chanel Beige 1.jpg (58.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Chanel Beige 2.jpg (94.3 KB, 1 views)

V.I.P.

the Ida, you bought the striped brozer powder right? how did that turn out? i like how it looks on the palette, but i'm too pale for bronzer, it would look too muddy on me.

In Bloom

Aw you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
the Ida, you bought the striped brozer powder right? how did that turn out? i like how it looks on the palette, but i'm too pale for bronzer, it would look too muddy on me.
Unfortunately no, I bought the cream bronzer because it's getting discontinued. Of course we don't even have the summer collection available yet, we're always the last to get anything I find it easier to apply bronzer with a big soft brush, it can make almost any bronzer or blush look decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berryciaga View Post
Oh, love it! And you are gorgeous! May I ask how many danish kroner it was? Was it on display or did you ask the SA?
It was 310 DKR and it was still on display (had to look for it though), but I think I bought the last one.

I think it looks pretty natural. It swatches quite orange, but when I apply it to my face it looks like my actual tan...which isn't much of a tan, I just turn a bit more yellow And it lasted for ages! I applied it sometime in the afternoon, and when I got home at 2 in the morning it was still there.

we were in love

24-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchCactus View Post
I've been using Chanel for years, I'm picky on quality and have always been satisfied with them.

My favorites are the Inimitable Mascara and the nail polishes; I'm crazy about them!
Those are my favourites too!

V.I.P.

the new collection is out at my local macy's now. i saw mimosa. it looked nice. i think it would look suitable if i lived in a more tropical climate or someplace that is sunny most of the time.

V.I.P.

soleil tan de chanel , is it a bronzer cream type thing or all over face makeup?

24-04-2011
Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
the new collection is out at my local macy's now. i saw mimosa. it looked nice. i think it would look suitable if i lived in a more tropical climate or someplace that is sunny most of the time.
Wearing such a bright color is a way to cheer yourself up and imagine there's sunshine though I wasn't crazy about Mimosa at all at first but the more I see it, the more I want to try it out. Problem is it doesn't match with a lot of colors clotheswise.

rising star

has anyone tried the Le crayon kohl in Clair? I'm really into the wide-eyed look atm and have been looking for a flesh or beigey coloured eyeliner like crazy .

So far, Chanel's the only brand available in Chile were I know they have flesh tone eyeliners...if anyone knows of other brands (preferably cheaper brands xD) that may carry a flesh tone eyeliner I'd very much appreciate it if you'd let me know

Oh, and to add to the thread: A few years ago I bought le vernis in Rouge Noir...it's a gorgeous colour but I find it has little staying power.

Last edited by Mila D; 24-04-2011 at 10:16 PM.
25-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila D View Post
has anyone tried the Le crayon kohl in Clair? I'm really into the wide-eyed look atm and have been looking for a flesh or beigey coloured eyeliner like crazy .

So far, Chanel's the only brand available in Chile were I know they have flesh tone eyeliners...if anyone knows of other brands (preferably cheaper brands xD) that may carry a flesh tone eyeliner I'd very much appreciate it if you'd let me know

Oh, and to add to the thread: A few years ago I bought le vernis in Rouge Noir...it's a gorgeous colour but I find it has little staying power.
I have le crayon kohl in clair and like it quite a bit. i also couldn't find a suitable flesh colored pencil for the waterline (MAC makes one, the chromographic, which is not available in the permanent line in retail stores [only pro] i believe, but it was way too peachy for me). my only complaint is that when it fades (as things put in the waterline inevitable do), it fades from the inside of my eye first, so the inner most part of my waterline gets reddish again while the lower part of the waterline, right near the lashes, stays brightened, which isn't a good look.

25-04-2011
backstage pass

It's such a shame that they don't think to expand their shade range in foundations. For the brand name alone, they would have women all over the world willing to pay and the fact their formulations are praised by various MUA's... such a shame.

25-04-2011
Ombre Tissees de Chanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaxox View Post
soleil tan de chanel , is it a bronzer cream type thing or all over face makeup?
you have to put it on there where you want to have the effect; the sun kissed your skin...

25-04-2011
Ombre Tissees de Chanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila D View Post

Le Crayon Kohl in Clair is a one-shot, you're a lucky person when you find it in some place!!

27-04-2011
tfs star

Are they really discontinuing Soleil Tan (cream)? That is terrible! First Prolumiere and now this I'd go buy an extra one but I'm nowhere near finished my current one and I worry about it going off by the time I finish it.

01-05-2011
Ombre Tissees de Chanel

thnx for the pics: multiply.com/makeup4sale

in the half of this year there will be launched a new product, Lumiere Sculptee de Chanel. Excited for what they will bring us on now...

Owww, and the will launche a perfume with in the name Jersey...

Last edited by Diedejan; 01-05-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, chanel, good, makeup