How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-05-2013
don't look down

Chanel Cruise 2013/2014 (images: elleuk.com, text: style.com):

Quote:
Peter Philips has said it before, and he all but screamed it on Chanel’s Cruise runway in Singapore yesterday: Karl Lagerfeld loves an eye. In fact, backstage-beauty watchers will have to look all the way back to the house’s Fall 2010 Couture show to find evidence of the last time Lagerfeld ordered up a statement lip—which might be why Philips is in his comfort zone when it comes to lids; no matter how many times he reimagines them, they never fail to impress.

For Resort, the makeup artist’s handiwork was even more noteworthy than usual, considering the hot and humid conditions of the Southeast Asian summer—and because rather than expand the definition of the word makeup with pieces of tulle, lace, jumbo glitter, and rhinestones, as has become his signature, Philips used plain old pens and pencils, to no less impactful an effect. “We combined an exaggerated graphic black eyeliner on the eyelid, with an electric-blue kohl underliner,” he explained drawing a thick black flick through the crease of the eye with Chanel’s Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Noir Intense before using the same crayon in True Blue to create an equally elongated stroke beneath the lower lash line. “I also used lots of black mascara on the top lashes and applied a gently enhanced eyebrow,” the face painter continued, swiping on multiple coats of its Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir.

Skin was kept luminous with a touch of Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Frivole, a warm peach, its Éclat Lumière Highlighter Face Pen, and some expert contouring courtesy of Chanel Les Beiges, an inventive array of sculpting powders that debuts next month.

To not distract the attention from the eyes, which were dusted by Sam McKnight’s side-swept faux fringes—the ends of precisely pinned French twists that had been carefully arranged over the forehead—mouths were kept bare, albeit moisturized. “We kept the lips natural, only using [Rouge Coco Baume] lip balm,” Philips elaborated. He did allow for a little distraction on the nails, though, which peeked out of a series of fingerless gloves to reveal two glimmering coats of the cult-favorite Le Vernis de Chanel in Black Satin.

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

Love the eye makeup and the black nails for summer, looked very chic with all the white and beige clothes.

14-05-2013
windowshopping

I use the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (and I have OILY skin) and it's by far the best foundation I have ever used. Even though it's supposed to be a moisturising foundation that gives you a dewy finish, it doesn't make me look greasy at the end of the day and it's so comfortable to wear I recommend it to everybody.

I also really like their nail polishes! I didn't even used to collect nail polished until I tried CHANEL ones – and they're are really great. I love the packaging, especially the brush that gives you lots of control on the application, and they can last up to a week without chipping off or showing tipwear.

14-05-2013
Vogue Paris Intern

^ I agree on Vitalumière Aqua: I have oily skin too and find that it's a wonderful foundation. My friends complimented me on my skin when I started to use it; they could really see the difference (I used Dior before). I wish it covered acne scars better though.

don't look down

A not-so-great snap of two of the nail colours (instagram.com/jamiesblog):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Further news about the Autumn 2013 collection (specktra.net):

NAILS
Le Vernis - Nail Colour $27.00
• Elixir - Milky Pink
• Alchimie - Golden Khaki (Limited Edition)
• Mysterious - Deep Khaki

V.I.P.

Both look great!!

24-05-2013
don't look down

A better shot from Beau Monde magazine via Specktra (instagram.com/p/ZsHvMxGBIp):

V.I.P.

Ok, I'm getting both. Alchemie looks like a lighter Peridot, so so beautiful!

28-05-2013
V.I.P.

I hate how most green-tinted nail polishes make your look like you suffer from severe nail fungus after removing it, I hope this is not the case with those two because they both look chic and I want them!

31-05-2013
V.I.P.

basecoat, basecoat, basecoat

31-05-2013
trendsetter

I haven't used a Chanel nail polish in a while, but many years ago I remember having a bottle last for about five *years* without drying up...and some friends had the same experience. Is it still like that???

01-06-2013
tfs star

I own few Chanel nail polishes I bought yeaaarrrss ago and recently I added a drop or two of nail polish thinner to Blue Satin and Vendetta. Blue Satin is such a classy and eternal colour, I still love it!

04-06-2013
V.I.P.

I finally got Bel Argus, it's so pretty!

04-06-2013
V.I.P.

^ So jealous of you. I keep on annoying my Chanel lady about it.

08-06-2013
V.I.P.

^Tried it today and it's lovely, maybe a bit too shimmery for me.

New photos of Alchemie and Myterious. Alchemie looks a lot darker here.. Not sure if I like it..

facebook.com/beautesse.at

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, chanel, good, makeup