How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-05-2011
rising star

I'm loving Rouge Coco Shine in Antigone at the moment, it's like raspberry jam on me

Does anyone know if Mimosa and Morning Rose are out in the UK yet? I think I was told mid May; I'm getting impatient

12-05-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl About Town View Post
I'm loving Rouge Coco Shine in Antigone at the moment, it's like raspberry jam on me

Does anyone know if Mimosa and Morning Rose are out in the UK yet? I think I was told mid May; I'm getting impatient
Yes they are. I got Morning Rose as a present.

The all Collection is out.

12-05-2011
front row

I got the rouge coco shine in escale. I was going to get boy, but it didnt suit my skintone... I think the lasting power is fine for a shiny, balm-y product (but I also do use mac prep+prime lip primer under, which makes it last instead of "soaking in")

cofbeautejunkie.blogspot.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2264.JPG (10.0 KB, 242 views)

V.I.P.

was anyone else disapointed by the makeup at the chanel resort show? no nail polish, no lipstick.

style.com has a rundown of what they were wearing...

Easy, Relaxed Riviera Beauty, Backstage At Chanel’s Cruise Show

If the makeup at today’s Chanel cruise show in Antibes looked particularly understated for a Karl Lagerfeld event staged on the Riviera, that was intentional. “The focus is on the easiness of the look,” Chanel creative director of makeup Peter Philips said of the fresh-faced beauty he sent down the runway in the South of France, which focused on “great skin, a touch of shadow on the eyes, and a hint of blush on the cheeks.” To create a flawless base on perennial Lagerfeld favorites like Stella Tennant and Kristin McMenamy—the latter of whom sported a tiny silver nose ring and a heavier eye to distinguish herself from the gaggle of new recruits on the catwalk—Philips turned to Chanel’s new-for-Fall Perfection Lumière foundation, the follow-up to Spring’s popular Vitalumière Aqua. (For the record, we wear and love Vitalumière Aqua. It is literally like a second skin—the kind that is way better than your first.) Cheeks were given a little boost with a dusting of Chanel’s Joues Contraste blush in Espiègle, a peachy pink, and eyes were lined in Stylo Yeaux waterproof eye liner in Ébène, a dark asphalt, before lids were swept with shimmering shades from the brand’s Quadra eye shadow in Prelude—”It’s literally a palette of shadow shades,” Philips noted. Lips and—in a rare turn of events—nails too were left nude, while lashes were given depth and volume with a few strokes of Chanel Inimitable waterproof Mascara in Noir. “Always curl your lashes—and your curl will last longer if you use waterproof mascara,”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chanel-cruise-beauty.jpg (48.7 KB, 10 views)

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Yes they are. I got Morning Rose as a present.

The all Collection is out.
Thank you very much, I'm struggling to find it online for some reason!

12-05-2011
In other words

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
was anyone else disapointed by the makeup at the chanel resort show? no nail polish, no lipstick.
It was minimal... and boy was it beautiful.

I wasn't disappointed by the lack of nail polish, only surprised. And as for my wallet? My wallet wasn't disappointed at all.

12-05-2011
In other words

Swatches of the Fall 2011 Collection Nail Polishes
And now my wallet weeps...

Quartz and Peridot are the other two nail colors being released with Graphite. I was hoping that Kaleidoscope was among them. It would have fit in perfectly, despite being a re-released shade.

Chanel FW 11 Nail Polishes.jpg

Source: twitpic.com/photos/sophynails

Last edited by flyme2themoon; 12-05-2011 at 08:32 PM.
13-05-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl About Town View Post
Thank you very much, I'm struggling to find it online for some reason!
Yeah it is a bit weird! I've been abroad so i still did not had the opportunity to walk around, to see it for myself or where they have it. It's strange that Boots does not have it online! My cousin offered me the nail varnish and she bought for herself the bronzer, she got them at Selfridges.

13-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyme2themoon View Post
And now my wallet weeps...

Quartz and Peridot are the other two nail colors being released with Graphite. I was hoping that Kaleidoscope was among them. It would have fit in perfectly, despite being a re-released shade.
When are these going to be out?
You're right, Kaleidoscope would have been perfect with them.

13-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyme2themoon View Post
Swatches of the Fall 2011 Collection Nail Polishes
These look like the ''exclusive'' shades that were only available in the Soho NY store to go with their refurb last year. Are they reissues?

They came out while I was on holiday in NY and I was kicking myself for not going there once I got back home.

13-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
These look like the ''exclusive'' shades that were only available in the Soho NY store to go with their refurb last year. Are they reissues?

They came out while I was on holiday in NY and I was kicking myself for not going there once I got back home.
Those were Strong and Steel. I have Steel, Strong was in the store but I didn't get it, now I regret not buying it.

verdictonbeauty.blogspot.com

13-05-2011
In other words

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty13 View Post
When are these going to be out?
Around July / the end of summer.

(Source: makeupandbeautyblog.com and style.com's Beauty Counter)

13-05-2011
V.I.P.

^ Thank you.

13-05-2011
V.I.P.

Peter Philips, Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup used the following CHANEL products to create the runway beauty looks:
  • Face: Perfection LumiereE Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup SPF 10 (available October 2011), Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder, Eclat Lumiere Highlighting Face Pen, and Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer
  • Eyes: Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow in Prélude (available July 2011), Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Ebène, Le Crayon Khol Intense Eye Pencil in Clair, Crayon Sourcils (available July 2011), Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Black, Recourbe Cils de Chanel Precision Eyelash Curler (available August 2011)
  • Cheeks: Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Espiègle
  • Lips: Soin Tendre Levres Hydrating Lip Treatment
  • Nails: Le Vernis Nail Colour in Beige Pétale – on the hands; Le Vernis Nail Colour in Jade Rose – on the feet with Limited Edition Beaute Des Top Coat Velvet (available November 2011) [source - temptalia.com]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fall2011_chanelsneak001.jpg (133.6 KB, 17 views)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty13 View Post
Those were Strong and Steel. I have Steel, Strong was in the store but I didn't get it, now I regret not buying it.
Yes that's them. They are kind of similar. I'll definitely getting Graphite.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, chanel, good, makeup